Windows 10: Can't Log Into the Local Account made on Windows 10

Discus and support Can't Log Into the Local Account made on Windows 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; So, I just formatted my PC and got it back up to date, and got help from another person on this forum but he concluded I should get more help so here... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by SonofKane, Jan 6, 2021.

1. SonofKane Win User

Can't Log Into the Local Account made on Windows 10

So,

I just formatted my PC and got it back up to date, and got help from another person on this forum but he concluded I should get more help so here i am.

My issue is: I want to create a local account since windows forced me to log in with a domain account when i formatted which i suspect is due to my educational product key.

Anyhow, i go into settings and add a new local account under "Other Users". To do this I choose: "I don't have this person's sign-in information" -> "Add a user without a Microsoft account" then create my new user with just a username and a password which i just set as a 4 digit code to keep it simple.

Then i tried switching users to it by first clicking "Other Users" -> "Sign in Options -> Click the Keypad Symbol -> Put in the details of the account I just made which shows up in settings but it doesn't work. It says my username or password is incorrect which clearly isn't true. Idk where i'm going wrong with this. Has anyone encountered this issue? I'm running windows 10 educational version.

:)

SonofKane, Jan 6, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jan 6, 2021
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    register PC with microsoft; use local account to log in

Just simply log in with your Microsoft Account.
    Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Just go back to using a local account:
    Switch to Local Account in Windows 10

Hopefully the tutorials are step by step enough.

NavyLCDR, Jan 6, 2021
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 doesn`t log in after update

Hi,

You may need to reset your password for you to access your account again. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Are you trying to log in to your Microsoft Account or to your Windows 10 local account?
    • Have you tried resetting your password?

Meanwhile, you're trying to log in to your Microsoft Account, we suggest that you follow the steps in this

forum article
    shared by PaulSey on how to reset your password and recover your Microsoft Account.

If you're trying to log in to your Windows 10 local account, we suggest that you perform the instructions in this

article
    on how you can reset your Windows 10 local account.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

1. Can't Log Into the Local Account made on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't Log Local

2. Can't log in to my Windows account. only local account log in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log in to my Windows account. only local account log in.: A repair place replaced my hard drive and reinstalled Windows 11 Home to my desktop. They created my first initial and last name as the local account administrator. I want to sign into my Microsoft account and cannot. I did the following, but it didn't work: I went to...
  3. Can't log in to my Windows account. only local account log in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't log in to my Windows account. only local account log in.: A repair place replaced my hard drive and reinstalled Windows 11 Home to my desktop. They created my first initial and last name as the local account administrator. I want to sign into my Microsoft account and cannot. I did the following, but it didn't work: I went to...
  4. Made a new PC. Can't log in to my account or active windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Made a new PC. Can't log in to my account or active windows: I made an install boot usb. Used it. Had no internet on load because I had to install motherboard drivers after so windows forced me to make an account. After I connected I tried to log into my Microsoft account to activate windows. After I used my authentication app it asked...
  5. Made a new PC. Can't log in to my account or active windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Made a new PC. Can't log in to my account or active windows: I made an install boot usb. Used it. Had no internet on load because I had to install motherboard drivers after so windows forced me to make an account. After I connected I tried to log into my Microsoft account to activate windows. After I used my authentication app it asked...
  6. Made a new PC. Can't log in to my account or active windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can't Log Into Local Account after Format

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't Log Into Local Account after Format: So, I formatted my PC and I believe because of my Windows Key it knew I got my windows from my university so it demanded I put in my uni information to make my account. (I hear Microsoft doesn't like local accounts anymore). Anyhow I did and wanted to go in and make a new...
  8. Local account log in

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local account log in: I accidenatlly logged into my computer using my mom’s microsoft account and now all my personaliziations are the ones from her computer and I cannot log out. Also, when I went accounts in settings the “log into local account instead” message isn’t there Thank you...
  9. Switched to Local Account and Can't Log In

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Switched to Local Account and Can't Log In: Trying to switch from one Microsoft account to another on laptop. Went through set up as local user, typed in password 2x and hint. Went to next steps as screen instructed. Tried to log in under local user and password wont work. How can I get back in and sign in with my...
  10. Can't log out of local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't log out of local account: For a couple months I've had a single account without password protection - never had to purposefully log out - just shut down. I added another account a couple days ago. Now the PC hangs up with a blank screen for about 5 minutes when I try to log out. Eventually the PC...