Windows 10: Cant log into Windows 10. Account Password Issue

Discus and support Cant log into Windows 10. Account Password Issue in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My windows 10 laptop now requires me to log into an old email address before I can further access the computer. I havent used that old live.com account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RussellFishef, Jul 25, 2021.

1. Cant log into Windows 10. Account Password Issue

My windows 10 laptop now requires me to log into an old email address before I can further access the computer. I havent used that old live.com account for years and do not know the password any more. I clicked the "forgot password" option and it wants to send a code to an old landline phone number listed that wouldnt work to receive a code.. It does not give me an option to list my mobile phone instead. where I could receive a code. I then tried microsofts web site to recover my password which asks lots of security questions like"Mothers birthplace, previously sent email addresses , subj

:)

RussellFishef, Jul 25, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jul 25, 2021
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Cant log into Windows 10. Account Password Issue :(

Zakin, Jul 25, 2021
  4. 95Viper Win User

Cant log into Windows 10. Account Password Issue

95Viper, Jul 25, 2021
Thema:

Cant log into Windows 10. Account Password Issue

1. Cant log into Windows 10. Account Password Issue - Similar Threads - Cant log Account

2. cant log into account with correct password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant log into account with correct password: When signing into a Microsoft account for my pc after just entering the correct password and it acepting it. it then asks me to renter it and dosent acept the same password....
  3. cant log into account with correct password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant log into account with correct password: When signing into a Microsoft account for my pc after just entering the correct password and it acepting it. it then asks me to renter it and dosent acept the same password....
  4. Cant log in with password OR PIN

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant log in with password OR PIN: After having overheating issues with my computer, The PIN feature no longer works and the password doesnt work either. Please advise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-log-in-with-password-or-pin/f21ecd2f-5a6b-4309-bc57-f04b579e2e10
  5. cant log in to my account

in Windows 10 Customization
    cant log in to my account: why cant i log in to my accouni https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-log-in-to-my-account/540689b7-dfb3-4791-8982-2ea51e94b919
  6. Log in Password issue.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Log in Password issue.: My HP Pavilon lap top computer with Windows 10, after doing a update, is asking for a password to log in. I never had a password on this computer, so I’m locked out. Please help....
  7. Forgot password to log into windows 10 account

Forgot password to log into windows 10 account: I can remember my pin but not my password to log into windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-password-to-log-into-windows-10-account/7d74d25b-98e6-4de0-9047-d4ab0191ca95
  8. forgot password to log into windows 10 account

forgot password to log into windows 10 account: I can remember my pin but not my password to log into windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-password-to-log-into-windows-10-account/d3a3d88a-d886-4a6f-8b79-9c6e99dc6536
  9. forgot password to log into windows 10 account

forgot password to log into windows 10 account: I can remember my pin but not my password to log into windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-password-to-log-into-windows-10-account/fdf9fd39-a11a-48f3-bea1-55b746f64552
  10. Windows 10 log on - Password incorrect for all accounts

Windows 10 log on - Password incorrect for all accounts: Hoping someone has an answer for this. I have a Windows 10 machine. It has a corp image, and is on the corp domain. I have the power options set so that it never turns off the display, or goes to sleep. When I leave for the day, I lock the computer. When I return the...