Windows 10: Can’t log into windows, critical_process_died error

Discus and support Can’t log into windows, critical_process_died error in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Title Haven’t been able to log into windows for a few days now, and all the ways to fix the error require being logged into windows. I think there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nateyd25, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Can’t log into windows, critical_process_died error

Title Haven’t been able to log into windows for a few days now, and all the ways to fix the error require being logged into windows. I think there might be a driver issue. Does anyone know a fix for the error that can be done without being logged in?

submitted by /u/nateyd25
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nateyd25, Dec 1, 2020

2. Critical_Process_Died BSOD

Hi,

In order to resolve your concern, we suggest that you to follow these steps:

• If you've installed any new apps or devices, uninstall or unplug them and restart your PC.
    • Make sure your PC has the latest updates:
    • Go to the search box.
    • Type Windows Update then Enter.
    • Select Check for updates.
    • In the Settings menu, select Check for updates button.
    • When it's finished, restart your PC.

You may also check this
    link
    for more troubleshooting steps regarding critical_process_died error message.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Dec 1, 2020
  3. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with Blue screen error on Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Were you able to see any error code along with the error message?
    • Have you made any hardware/ software changes to the device prior to this issue?
    • Have you checked if the issue persists on Safe mode with networking as well?

The CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED bug check has a value of 0x000000EF. This indicates that a critical system process died.

Step 1: As you have performed SFC scan, found some corrupted and couldn't fix, try the below and check if it helps.

If you are not able to repair some files after performing SFC scan, I suggest you to refer to the point 3 “Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log
    %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log”. Under the section “Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)” to repair the corrupted files after performing SFC scan.

Refer: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system
    files

Step 2: If the issue still persists, I suggest you to perform DISM on your system to fix corrupted system files.

Refer: Fix Windows corruption errors by using the DISMor System Update Readiness tool

Step 3: I suggest you to install the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Kindly get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 1, 2020
  4. Can’t log into windows, critical_process_died error

Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED with error code: 0x800f081f on Windows 10

Hello Jayantadas,

As you are facing issues with error: 0x800f081f, do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Does this issue specific only with Office applications (Excel)?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue that might have resulted in this?
    • Does the same issue persists on Safe mode with networking as well?

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps mentioned the below article and check if it helps.

(Developer Content) Bug Check 0xEF: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Refer to the section: Resolution

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

Can’t log into windows, critical_process_died error

1. Can’t log into windows, critical_process_died error - Similar Threads - Can’t log critical_process_died

2. Can’t log in to windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t log in to windows: I was having some issues with games running slow all of a sudden on my laptop, check for any unusual cpu activity, ran a virus scan all okay so I did a safe mode reboot via msconfig and now when I try to login the pin option isn’t available and my password doesn’t work though...
  3. Can’t log into windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t log into windows: When I try to sign into windows it prompts me to provide my Microsoft password then it asks to set up a new pin but then tells me something went wrong then kicks me back to sign in and then I go in circles...
  4. Can’t log into windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t log into windows: When I try to sign into windows it prompts me to provide my Microsoft password then it asks to set up a new pin but then tells me something went wrong then kicks me back to sign in and then I go in circles...
  5. Can’t log into windows

Can’t log into windows: I am not able to log into my windows account, I needed to clean up some GPU drivers so I booted into safe mode to prepare for that. When going to sign in my computer tells me I need and app to sign into my windows account. Because I am in safe mode I do not have to the...
  6. Can’t log in due to error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t log in due to error: I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and after a few days I received a message while booting into Windows saying “The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in” “User profile cannot be loaded” so I hit ok and I thought it was done so I continued normal usage for a few days...
  7. Can’t log in due to error

Can’t log in due to error: I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and after a few days I received a message while booting into Windows saying “The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in” “User profile cannot be loaded” so I hit ok and I thought it was done so I continued normal usage for a few days...
  8. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD Error: Recently I've been running into an issue after installing a new Samsung 970 EVO V-Nand 1TB M.2 SSD. When playing the game RUST for extended periods of time the computer bluescreens with the error message "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" however the system restarts too quickly after...
  9. BSOD Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

BSOD Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: My laptop experienced a BSOD with an analysis by "Who Crashed" as follows- On Sat 11/10/2018 2:08:03 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrpamp.exe...
  10. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Error

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Error: My Dell XPS 15 9550 laptop was just sitting there and all of a sudden the desktop background turned black, although the desktop icons and taskbar were still visible. A few seconds later, the system crashed giving me a BSOD message of "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED". It attempted to...