Windows 10: Can't log on as administrator, access denied.

Discus and support Can't log on as administrator, access denied. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a copy of Links 2003 that I ran with no problems under windows 7. I had to upgrade today to windows 10 because 7 will no longer be supported as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jeff_066, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Jeff_066 Win User

Can't log on as administrator, access denied.

I have a copy of Links 2003 that I ran with no problems under windows 7. I had to upgrade today to windows 10 because 7 will no longer be supported as of this coming Tuesday. I need to find out how to log on with Administrator privileges. Anyone have any suggestions?

Jeff

:)

Jeff_066, Jan 11, 2020
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

net user administrator /active:no keeps saying access denied.

Hi Rebekah,

It's possible that you're not using an elevated command prompt, causing the Access Denied error. We suggest following these steps to properly disable the built-in administrator account:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste net user Administrator /active:no and press
      Enter
      . If the command isn't successful, please post a screenshot so that we can study it further.

Let us know if you're able to hide the administrator account after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Jan 11, 2020
  3. Skyfine Win User
    Windows 10 Access Denied - unable to gain administrator privileges

It is my son's computer. He is the administrator so he can log in. However the programs do not run and there is no access to any folders. When using command prompt it gives a system 5 error. It does not seem to recognize him as the administrator anymore even though in settings he is listed as the administrator. I am unable to use an elevated command prompt because access to this is denied.

Skyfine, Jan 11, 2020
  4. PeteSHP Win User

net user administrator /active:no keeps saying access denied.

Can't send screen shot. Entering Command prompt(admin) get "Do you want this app..." box with NO as the only choice. I have tried everything I've found on the net to enable the built in administrative account to no avail. Running Win10 OS build: 16299.125.
    HELP!

PeteSHP, Jan 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't log on as administrator, access denied. - Similar Threads - Can't log administrator

2. Can't access to access control editor.Access is denied.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't access to access control editor.Access is denied.: Hello I just by mistake lock my C drive so Can anybody please help me in security tab it always says that can't access to access control editor .Access is denied please help me....
  3. Can't Access any external drive - Access Denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Access any external drive - Access Denied: I have just purchased a new computer W10 Pro and I can't access any external disk or via network. I have a laptop W10 Home and it has no problem reading these disks. The same disks can be accessed on the W7 computer. The message is YOU DONT HAVE PERMISSTION TO ACCESS THIS...
  4. Logged in as administrator but still being denied all kind of administrator privlieges

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Logged in as administrator but still being denied all kind of administrator privlieges: Why is Windows treating me as an untouchable despite me being logged in as an administrator. When I try to make a change to something I am being asked to contact the Admin by the program. ****? No matter what kind of permissions I'm giving myself as Admin this BS message...
  5. Can't fix C: is not accessable, access is denied.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't fix C: is not accessable, access is denied.: Hello, i started having this problem since i messed up the ACL on my C: Hard Drive, (my windows is bootable and it's Windows 10 Home (1089) and Windows 8.1 (latest version) I put the all check box into the right option (Deny) after i did that, i started getting some errors...
  6. Bsod and can't log into administrator account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod and can't log into administrator account: Hi, Our desktop running Windows 10 has started crashing with a Bsod. It does it immediately after logging into the administrator account and at some point after logging into a std user account. I want to run chkdsk because the event viewer shows bad blocks on the disk...
  7. Can't log in as administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't log in as administrator: Can't log in as administrator. No suggested remedies work because I only get a NO option in the Change User Account Settings dialog box and it keeps telling me to log in as an administrator but I don't seem to have an administrator account anymore....
  8. Administrator denied access to files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator denied access to files: I'm having issues with installing iTunes. The previous iTunes libraries will not open as it says I don't have permissions. I've tried to change permissions and I have to have authority to do that. How do I fix this? Debbie...
  9. Can't log in as administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't log in as administrator: I did a clean install with FCU 1709. I am logged in as Local Account Administrator. When I try to log in with Microsoft Account, It says that a user on this PC already has a Microsoft Account with this E-Mail address. What am I doing wrong? I had this address before the clean...
  10. Why ACCESS DENIED if I'm Administrator?!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Why ACCESS DENIED if I'm Administrator?!: I installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 Pro onto my desktop. I did not upgrade the system. During installation i created my own account. The account type is Administrator. I turned off UAC. What i don't understand is i often get the message "Access Denied" or you are not an...