Windows 10: Can't log on from a remote device (WDTV)

Discus and support Can't log on from a remote device (WDTV) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My PC is running up-to-date Windows 10 Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.900) My PC has just arrived and is having network problems. I have a WDTV Live... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ralphholmes, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Can't log on from a remote device (WDTV)

My PC is running up-to-date Windows 10 Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.900)
    My PC has just arrived and is having network problems.
    I have a WDTV Live device for remote streaming of videos.
    My PC can see the WDTV on the network and can load files from it.
    The WDTV needs to be in a WORKGROUP, so I have added this to my PC.
    The WDTV can see the PC, but requires a username and password to access the PC. I then get a message on the WDTV device that the username and password are not valid.
    Usually, when things go wrong in linking the WDTV, the fault lies with the networking set-up on the PC.
    Can anyone suggest a solution, please.
    I have already tried making my cat a user with a short password to cut down on typing, but that didn't work either.
    Cheers
    Ralph

:)

ralphholmes, Jun 25, 2020

2. WDTV streaming box

Have a WDTV streaming box attached to my computer. Its just updated and can no longer get the WDTV box to connect via windows shares. Can cast to the WDTV from the files on the computer but not a good way to use it. Cast seems to be a new feature in the
    update. Any ideas how to get it to do windows shares. All the folders are shared so its not that

davidclark_969, Jun 25, 2020
  3. OneNote remote log-out or remote device deauthorization

Can I remotely log out of OneNote or make a device "unauthorized" to access the application?

My phone was stolen and I was not logged out of the application. I am nervous that my data was visible and need to know how to remotely remove the app or restrict access from that device.

Thank you.

PerfectlyDizzy, Jun 25, 2020
  4. Can't log on from a remote device (WDTV)

Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

Can't log on from a remote device (WDTV)

1. Can't log on from a remote device (WDTV) - Similar Threads - Can't log remote

2. Can't lock device remotely.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't lock device remotely.: I've lost my laptop.I've repeatedly tried to lock the device remotely but keep getting the message -"We can't lock your device right now. Something happened. Wait a bit, then try again." Does anyone know why this is happening.Thanks...
  3. Can't lock device remotely.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't lock device remotely.: I've lost my laptop.I've repeatedly tried to lock the device remotely but keep getting the message -"We can't lock your device right now. Something happened. Wait a bit, then try again." Does anyone know why this is happening.Thanks...
  4. Can't lock device remotely.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how to to access device remotely from remote computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to to access device remotely from remote computer?: hello all i need help how to to access device remotely from remote computer?USB from remote computer to OBD2 interface to car. or Ethernet to OBD2like this...
  6. how to to access device remotely from remote computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to to access device remotely from remote computer?: hello all i need help how to to access device remotely from remote computer?USB from remote computer to OBD2 interface to car. or Ethernet to OBD2like this...
  7. HELP! Can't log in to my device

HELP! Can't log in to my device: After using the commandnet user administrator /active:noAnd then restartingWindows now asks for a password which i don't remember ever settingPlease help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-cant-log-in-to-my-device/701b90e4-539f-4f78-bd5d-3e4d253a23b0
  8. Log Out of Windows 10 Device Remotely

Log Out of Windows 10 Device Remotely: Last month, I logged in to Windows 10 device in my school however, i forgot to sign out. Now the schools are closed for now so, i thought i could log out remotely but later i came to know that "Find my Device" is disabled on it, so I can't log out remotely. What should i do?...
  9. remote device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    remote device: I'm unable to open Facebook because Remote Device is not allowing. How do I change that setting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-device/c3da62d3-24fe-4e27-a4e0-f6510e0b38e7
  10. Can't log in via Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't log in via Remote Desktop: I am having intermittent problems connecting via remote desktop. I use RD with a laptop to connect to my desktop PC. Both are running Windows 10. The desktop has Office 2016, the desktop has Office 2013. Both are Lenovo machines. When I am unable to connect, I get the...