Windows 10: Can't Log on to Computer Because Account was Deleted

Discus and support Can't Log on to Computer Because Account was Deleted in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi all, Would really appreciate some thorough help on this. I recently set up a Microsoft account for my niece and used it to log in to a new computer... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by RensleySaidNo, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Can't Log on to Computer Because Account was Deleted

Hi all,

Would really appreciate some thorough help on this. I recently set up a Microsoft account for my niece and used it to log in to a new computer intended to be give to her. I downloaded any programmes she'd need like Office and such, then logged out and shut down the computer. I went to log in to the account online, but because she's a minor, it asked me to enter a parent's email address to get permission from. I entered my sister's email her mother, but she never verfied the account access. Today, she recieved a text message saying the email address was closed which was a surprise. Now we can't log into the computer because it says the account doesn't exist. When I try to use the "recover account" feature, it says the account doesn't exist. When I try to set up a new account with the same email, I'm told the address is already taken.

I've tried enabling the hidden admin account by going into Command Prompt from the troubleshoot screen that appears after pressing shift + restart, but even though the command is a success, the admin account never appears. We have absolutely no means of getting into the computer now. Even if I try to boot into safe mode, and enter the correct password, it boots us back out to the log in screen.

My sister and niece desperately need that computer because home schooling is done from there. I'd really like to avoid reinstalling Windows if possible because I'm now in a different country to them and my sister is not very confident with technology, especially computers. Also, because we'd have to set up and download everything again.

I've looked around lots of forums, other answers on this website, and tried to find a way to contact Microsoft because the virtual agent has been useless to me, but have found absolutely nothing that helps.

The computer is a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 intended for personal use i.e. not connnected to a domain.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

:)

RensleySaidNo, Feb 26, 2021
  2. cadaveca Win User

Deleting hotmail accounts?

Dont log into them for 90 days. Used to be jsut 30 days. If you do nto log in for a certain length of time, the account gets removed. It can be re-activated for a certain length of time afterwords.

NOte that any log-in, using MSN messenger, or even a "live account" for gaming, will be considered a real log-in. ALso, having any game keys associated with teh live account will make it not get deleted as well.

cadaveca, Feb 26, 2021
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Feb 26, 2021
  4. Can't Log on to Computer Because Account was Deleted

Deleted account keeps reappearing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Is it still appearing no matter how you try to delete? I suggest you to follow the steps below to remove user account from your computer, and check if it helps. Try the ones you’re comfortable with.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account”
      /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Step 3: Steps to Delete a User Account in Run command.

• Press Windows + R and type netplwiz, press
      Enter.

• Select the User account, click on the
      Remove
      button.
    Regards.

SujataMoktan, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

Can't Log on to Computer Because Account was Deleted

1. Can't Log on to Computer Because Account was Deleted - Similar Threads - Can't Log Computer

2. New Computer Can't Log In to Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Computer Can't Log In to Microsoft Account: I ordered a new Lenovo laptop with Windows 11 Pro pre-installed and am on the page that says "Let's add your Microsoft account". When I try to sign in with my work email, which is the email associated with my Microsoft 365 account, I am getting an error that my account...
  3. New Computer Can't Log In to Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Computer Can't Log In to Microsoft Account: I ordered a new Lenovo laptop with Windows 11 Pro pre-installed and am on the page that says "Let's add your Microsoft account". When I try to sign in with my work email, which is the email associated with my Microsoft 365 account, I am getting an error that my account...
  4. Can't log into account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't log into account: After working well for years, suddenly after I logged into my acount I got thrown out after just a few seconds. I was sent back to the start/ log in page and have been receivung the following messeage ever since: "You can't sign in with this account. Try a different account"I...
  5. Can't log into account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log into account: After working well for years, suddenly after I logged into my acount I got thrown out after just a few seconds. I was sent back to the start/ log in page and have been receivung the following messeage ever since: "You can't sign in with this account. Try a different account"I...
  6. Can't log computer into Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log computer into Microsoft account: I can't get my ASUS laptop logged in to my Microsoft account. I eventually get a "Something went wrong" sign. I can log into my Microsoft account on line, and connect my computer to my OneDrive, but I can't log in to get my computer out of S mode.I have Office 365 installed,...
  7. Can't log computer into Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't log computer into Microsoft account: I can't get my ASUS laptop logged in to my Microsoft account. I eventually get a "Something went wrong" sign. I can log into my Microsoft account on line, and connect my computer to my OneDrive, but I can't log in to get my computer out of S mode.I have Office 365 installed,...
  8. Can't log computer into Microsoft account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  9. Can't log into computer's main account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't log into computer's main account: When trying to create a local account without admin privileges on my desktop I ended up locking myself out of the admin account. When trying to figure out what to do with support I was hung up. When the account screen pops up there are two accounts. The local account and the...
  10. Can't log into laptop because of defaultuser0

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't log into laptop because of defaultuser0: I decided to fully wipe my drive on my laptop and after everything was done it got stuck on the just a moment screen for hours. I decided to restart my laptop and when it came back to the login screen defaultuser0 replaced my existing account. All the options I've found...