Windows 10: can't log on to window 10. won't accept password Want's password for an email account. new PC

Discus and support can't log on to window 10. won't accept password Want's password for an email account. new PC in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As I'm sitting here typing my husband is shouting over my shoulder. Nearly a year ago we bought Windoes 10 pcs. My husband set his up and then put it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/electrichamster89, Jan 1, 2021.

1. can't log on to window 10. won't accept password Want's password for an email account. new PC

As I'm sitting here typing my husband is shouting over my shoulder.

Nearly a year ago we bought Windoes 10 pcs. My husband set his up and then put it back in the box. He want's to use it now but it won't let him log in. It's giving him some bullshit about a password and an email address.

I don't know jack about windows 10 and have avoided using it for as long as possible. I don't know why he expects me to fix this for him. Why the hell does the OS need to know anything about his email?

Please help, I can't stand the screaming.

submitted by /u/electrichamster89
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/electrichamster89, Jan 1, 2021
  2. Doug399 Win User

After Windows 10 update, signin screen won`t accept my pssword.

Sign-in screen won`t take my password after Windows 10 update on a new HP laptop. I had setup a pin login but now asks for Microsoft password which I wrote down and have used before but will not accept now.

Doug991

Doug399, Jan 1, 2021
  3. 7.62 Win User
    Email clients not remembering passwords

Hi all

A friends computer will not remember his gmail password. He used to use outlook, and seeing that I use thunderbird and it would be easier to troubleshoot I installed that for him. Now that was working for a few weeks, and now the same problem is occuring.

We are 100% sure the password is correct, as we can access the email account through webmail, but the local clients will not remember the correct password. Of course the 'Remember password' button is checked, but still no good.

It returns with incorrect password.

Any suggestions?

7.62, Jan 1, 2021
  4. can't log on to window 10. won't accept password Want's password for an email account. new PC

Upgrade to windows 10. Current password doesn t work

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

Please let us know

• Are you logged in with a local account or Microsoft account?
    • Have you tried typing the password with On-Screen keyboard?
    I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: On-Screen Keyboard

You may use the accessibility options to pop open a on-screen keyboard and type the password from there to make sure you are typing the correct password.

If the issue persists,

Step 2:

If you see your email address listed there, it must be a Microsoft account. You will be able to reset the password and log in if your PC is connected to internet.

Refer,

When you can't sign in to your Microsoft account

Hope this information was helpful.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Jan 1, 2021
Thema:

can't log on to window 10. won't accept password Want's password for an email account. new PC

1. can't log on to window 10. won't accept password Want's password for an email account. new PC - Similar Threads - can't log window

2. Windows won't accept password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't accept password: My laptop encountered an error and I've been in a bit of a loop with the recovery part e.i. restarting and ending up with the error and then being told automatic repair can't fix the issue. Every attempt I've made to use things like command prompt and stuff like the reset...
  3. Windows won't accept password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows won't accept password: My laptop encountered an error and I've been in a bit of a loop with the recovery part e.i. restarting and ending up with the error and then being told automatic repair can't fix the issue. Every attempt I've made to use things like command prompt and stuff like the reset...
  4. New PC won't accept password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New PC won't accept password: I am just starting up a new PC for the first time, and am entering my Microsoft account info to login. It won't accept my password even though I KNOW it is correct, as I just used it to login to other devices to test it....
  5. New PC won't accept password

New PC won't accept password: I am just starting up a new PC for the first time, and am entering my Microsoft account info to login. It won't accept my password even though I KNOW it is correct, as I just used it to login to other devices to test it....
  6. New PC won't accept password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. New Laptop Won't Accept New Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Laptop Won't Accept New Password: Greetings Forum,I bought a new laptop for my nine year old nephew, but he's had a lot of problems setting it up. It's an HP 15.6" FHD, AMD R5-5500U, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Windows 11, 15-ef2126wm. He created a password for the computer, but the very next time he tried to log on,...
  8. New Laptop Won't Accept New Password

New Laptop Won't Accept New Password: Greetings Forum,I bought a new laptop for my nine year old nephew, but he's had a lot of problems setting it up. It's an HP 15.6" FHD, AMD R5-5500U, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Windows 11, 15-ef2126wm. He created a password for the computer, but the very next time he tried to log on,...
  9. Log in screen won't accept my password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Log in screen won't accept my password: Hello, I booted up my laptop after a few months of it being away. I typed in my password but it said that the password was incorrect I was confused as I hadn't changed my password recently but either way I started the password recovery process. Confirmed my identity with...
  10. Won't accept my password to log

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Won't accept my password to log: It took the password when I went into the setup but won't accept it when I try to open Windows. Tells me my password is incorrect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wont-accept-my-password-to-log/debee611-0b98-4a7e-812d-d0462436a355"