Windows 10: Can't log on using pin #

Discus and support Can't log on using pin # in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; After an automatic update, I can no longer sign on; pin # does not work or email password. Any suggestions.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Ruff1n, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Ruff1n Win User

Can't log on using pin #

After an automatic update, I can no longer sign on; pin # does not work or email password. Any suggestions.

:)

Ruff1n, Nov 15, 2020

2. pin log in

Hi Keith,

You can change your PIN by following the steps below:

• Open Settings (keyboard shortcut: Windows + I) > Accounts >
      Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click on Change.
    • Enter your current PIN, enter and confirm the new PIN, then click OK.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Nov 15, 2020
  3. Log-in Pin is incorrect after Anniversary update

I had the same issue after my update on Windows 10. I knew that my pin hadn't changed but it was saying it was incorrect. So I said that I forgot my pin and it started going through the steps to reset the pin entered my regular password and when the window popped up to set a new pin I said cancel and then I chose the option to set my pin later. I exited the screen, logged off logged back in, and set up a new pin which happened to be the same pin I had before and it worked. If this still doesn't work I can show step by step screen shots if you need. I have a surface 3 with Windows 10 fully updated 10.0.14393.0

mattman565, Nov 15, 2020
  4. Can't log on using pin #

How do you reset windows 10 log on pin password

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Sign-in options on the log on screen. Select Microsoft account.
    • Try logging in using Microsoft account and password.
    • Once you log into the system, try to change the PIN under accounts/sign-in page.
    • Select the Start
      Can't log on using pin # [​IMG]
      button, then select
      Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options.
    • Try to reset the PIN.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

Can't log on using pin #

1. Can't log on using pin # - Similar Threads - Can't log using

2. Can't logging in to my pc with pin.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't logging in to my pc with pin.: "Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in on this device once with your new password, and then you can sign in with your PIN."So I can't unlock my Device 1 desktop. I know the pin I normally use but I'm not allowed to use it until i use my password on...
  3. Can't log in forgot my pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log in forgot my pin: I simply forgotten my login then and password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-log-in-forgot-my-pin/f9d7f517-6352-44da-bd09-292f56d87a4b
  4. Cannot Log In Using Pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Log In Using Pin: I am unable to log into my laptop using my pin or any other method. My keypad and peripherals also appear to be disabled and cannot use them to type. It also indicates that 'Something happened and your pin isn't available. Click to set-up your pin again." If I choose 'I...
  5. Cannot Log In Using Pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Log In Using Pin: I am unable to log into my laptop using my pin or any other method. My keypad and peripherals also appear to be disabled and cannot use them to type. It also indicates that 'Something happened and your pin isn't available. Click to set-up your pin again." If I choose 'I...
  6. Can't type letters while logging in using PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't type letters while logging in using PIN: My PIN uses letters. It only accepts numbers when trying to log in. I'm posting this question here again because although I see that many people have asked the same question, the response has always been at max, "Try changing your PIN and checking the box to use letters and...
  7. Can't type letters while logging in using PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't type letters while logging in using PIN: My PIN uses letters. It only accepts numbers when trying to log in. I'm posting this question here again because although I see that many people have asked the same question, the response has always been at max, "Try changing your PIN and checking the box to use letters and...
  8. Can't type letters while logging in using PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Logging in without using a PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Logging in without using a PIN: Is there a way to set Windows up so I don't have to type in my PIN every time I log in? I'm the only one how uses this computer and I'm getting tired of typing in 7 digits every time I want to log in....
  10. Couldnt log on using PIN or Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Couldnt log on using PIN or Password: I leave my machine on 24/7 and was using it at lunch time, but came back to my machine about 7pm and the lock screen was active as it should be. I put my PIN in and nothing happened. Re-tried my PIN several times but couldnt log on so switched to password entry, put password...