Windows 10: Can't log onto computer, correct password not accepted.

Discus and support Can't log onto computer, correct password not accepted. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Okay so every time I enter my correct password it says it's wrong. (I even reset it to the same password and it still says it's wrong.) I think I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CrimsonAdri, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Can't log onto computer, correct password not accepted.

Okay so every time I enter my correct password it says it's wrong. (I even reset it to the same password and it still says it's wrong.)

I think I know what the problem is but I have no way to fix it as I am stuck on the login screen.

Recently my computer has been restarting for no reason so I Googled and found a thing that said to go into the registry and under profiles delete anything that said "ProfileImagePath" so I did. I didn't make a back up, like an idiot, because I figured I wouldn't make a mistake since I knew what to delete.

I restarted the computer and now I'm stuck.

The page I found the info on is this: https://www.auslogics.com/en/articles/how-do-i-fix-computer-keeps-restarting/

And it's Method 2.

I can do nothing other than enter in my password, change wifi, and turn my computer off again.

Please someone help, I have no idea what to do, I tried looking up what to do but everything involves having to be logged in already.

:)

CrimsonAdri, Apr 14, 2019
  2. JamieAG Win User

Windows 10 will not accept the correct password to log in

hi,

I cannot log into my windows 10 computer even after entering the correct password. i never used a microsoft account for the password since i upgraded from windows 8 so that isnt an option. Ive tried booting the computer using troubleshooting options but
    they all require the password which the computer will not accept as correct. i cannot even wipe the computer as it requires a password to do so and i do not have a windows 10 disk, only windows 8.1 due to me upgrading when windows 10 first released.

JamieAG, Apr 14, 2019
  3. Jjjjjjjjf Win User
    Microsoft password not accepted to log into computer account

Hi,

Im logging into ny new HP computer laptop for the 2nd time since Ive owned it. I cannot remember my PIN so I'm using my Microsoft password to log in but my password is not being accepted. I've changed my Microsoft password 3 times in the past 20 minutes
    (with my phone), restarted my laptop and double checked my spelling and everytime my password is listed as "incorrect"

Jjjjjjjjf, Apr 14, 2019
  4. Can't log onto computer, correct password not accepted.

My new computer will not accept my password to log in. It took me entering password about 25 times today to finally access my computer.

I am running Windows 10.

I had this problem day one and thought my keyboard was turning off number lock. So daily for a month I have hit the number lock (sometimes 2-3 times) and my password would be accepted.

Today that didn't work. Once I could access my computer I went in to change the password to one without any numbers and again I was told my password was incorrect. I checked by clicking on the eye in the password line, the password was correct.

HELP!!!! I can't be locked out of my computer.

H S Graham, Apr 14, 2019
Thema:

Can't log onto computer, correct password not accepted.

1. Can't log onto computer, correct password not accepted. - Similar Threads - Can't log onto

2. Can't log in windows with correct password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't log in windows with correct password: Turned on pc like normal, but I noticed that my profile changed completely. My profile picture was just a blank image, and when I wanted to input my password it said that it was incorrect and a message appeared saying something along the lines of my organization requires me...
  3. Can't log in windows with correct password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't log in windows with correct password: Turned on pc like normal, but I noticed that my profile changed completely. My profile picture was just a blank image, and when I wanted to input my password it said that it was incorrect and a message appeared saying something along the lines of my organization requires me...
  4. Can't log in windows with correct password

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Can't log in to my pc with the correct password

Can't log in to my pc with the correct password: Hy, I can't log into my account on my pc. I changed the password several times, on the pc and on the website. I use this account on pc and you can see i can log in to here. I checked the caps lock the keyboard language, and the numpad too. I tried to use the troubleshoot...
  6. Can't log in to my pc with the correct password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log in to my pc with the correct password: Hy, I can't log into my account on my pc. I changed the password several times, on the pc and on the website. I use this account on pc and you can see i can log in to here. I checked the caps lock the keyboard language, and the numpad too. I tried to use the troubleshoot...
  7. Can't log in to my pc with the correct password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Can't log into windows with correct password

Can't log into windows with correct password: I recently got my laptop repaired, and it was wiped. I opened it up everything seemed alright so I wanted to stop using the local user and log in with my account. EVERY TIME. I GET TO THE PAGE THAT SAYS "We'll need your current windows password one last time" AFTER CHANGING...
  9. PC not Accepting correct password

PC not Accepting correct password: I have just bought a new pc, and it is telling me to sign in to my Microsoft account. i did enter all the details correctly, but its still showing an incorrect password. Please help...
  10. Not accepting correct password

Not accepting correct password: For some reason my laptop rebooting continuosly blue screen. After surfing online I came to know this can fixed through commands. Before command prompt pops up, it asked me to enter my outlook password. No matter how many times I entered the correct password it shows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant log onto computer password not accepted

2. remote desktop not accepting password

3. Microsoft account password is not being accepted even though I put in the correct pin number

4. new password is not being accepted by windows 10,
  5. microsoft account password change not being accepted,
  6. cant login to computer with the correct password,
  7. log in or password not accepted,
  8. correct password not accepted,
  9. correct password is not accepted