Windows 10: Can’t log onto my Acer Swift 1 using PIN

Discus and support Can’t log onto my Acer Swift 1 using PIN in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Cant login.your pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings. Pin nor finger print works. No key icon appears. ***Title... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Hanna2004, May 28, 2019.

1. Hanna2004 Win User

Can’t log onto my Acer Swift 1 using PIN

Cant login.your pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings. Pin nor finger print works. No key icon appears.

***Title Modified from "Can’t log onto my aces swift 1 I just purchased"***

:)

Hanna2004, May 28, 2019

2. Acer Swift 1 Fingerprint Login Issue

Hi,

I have just recently bought an Acer Swift 1 laptop with Windows 10 Home. On the whole it looks great and performs well for the price, and does everything I need it to.

The only issue seems to be the fingerprint scanner is very hit and miss - it takes a long time to register a print in Windows Hello (comes up with multiple "your device is having trouble recognising you" messages),
    and when it does it only seems to work about maybe one in five times (same error message), usually meaning I have to log in with a pin (first world problems etc.)

So far I have tried:

1. Updating the driver 2) Uninstalling and reinstalling the driver 3) Deleting and re-recording my fingerprint 4) Recording a different finger, to no avail. I have visually inspected and cleaned the sensor.
    Does anyone have any suggestions / quick fixes for this? If I cannot resolve it it is not a huge issue (I can just log in with a pin in 2 seconds), and I can't really be bothered to send it back and wait 7
    days etc just to repair this one component.

Interestingly I had a similar issue with a LG G6 phone last year too, so maybe its me.

Thanks in advance.

skyandcosmos, May 28, 2019
  3. NEW Acer Swift 1 - Unable to setup Fingerprint

I recently bought a new Acer Swift 1 laptop, but I'm unable to get the fingerprint option set up. I've tried almost all suggestion from a previous thread posted by someone else, but I have not have much success. Please help!!

KristiGoetting, May 28, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

CES 2018: Acer unveils new Swift 7, Nitro 5 Gaming laptop and more

Source: CES 2018: Acer unveils new Swift 7, Nitro 5 Gaming laptop and more - Windows Experience Blog

Brink, May 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Can’t log onto my Acer Swift 1 using PIN - Similar Threads - Can’t log onto

2. My laptop acer Swift 1

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop acer Swift 1: My laptop acer Swift 1. I restart it, keep my file and download the local or cloud something and when I restart, they say that my laptop have a problem and can't restart so I back my laptop but when I open it they are open and just seeing the logo then it's shut-down on their...
  3. My laptop acer Swift 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop acer Swift 1: My laptop acer Swift 1. I restart it, keep my file and download the local or cloud something and when I restart, they say that my laptop have a problem and can't restart so I back my laptop but when I open it they are open and just seeing the logo then it's shut-down on their...
  4. My laptop acer Swift 1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can set up my acer swift 1

I can set up my acer swift 1: when I configure my computer, I stay on a blue screen at the service tab, right after the configuration of the office suite. I can't do anything more except go back and the setup never completes. What can I do?...
  6. I can’t set up my new Acer swift 1

I can’t set up my new Acer swift 1: Hello there,I am stuck on the first step of setting up my new Acer swift 1. I have been required to log into the internet as part of the initial set up and my wifi has a caps and no caps password in it. As there is no cap lock indicator I am unable to put this password in...
  7. I can’t set up my new Acer swift 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t set up my new Acer swift 1: Hello there,I am stuck on the first step of setting up my new Acer swift 1. I have been required to log into the internet as part of the initial set up and my wifi has a caps and no caps password in it. As there is no cap lock indicator I am unable to put this password in...
  8. Multiple BSODs on laptop (Acer Swift 1)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple BSODs on laptop (Acer Swift 1): Hello all. So to quickly recap the past issues I have had I got my Acer Swift 1 SF114-32 back in February and noticed a month or two ago I was getting BSOD type crashes (most of the time it seemed without an actual blue screen). A lot of these crashes had the bugcheck...
  9. Can’t log onto my aces swift 1 I just purchased

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can’t log onto my aces swift 1 I just purchased: Cant login.your pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings. Pin nor finger print works. No key icon appears. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-log-onto-my-aces-swift-1-i-just-purchased/c0fb43b1-9e5b-4d87-ac60-0a65897d5568
  10. Acer Swift 1 Fingerprint Login Issue

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Acer Swift 1 Fingerprint Login Issue: Hi, I have just recently bought an Acer Swift 1 laptop with Windows 10 Home. On the whole it looks great and performs well for the price, and does everything I need it to. The only issue seems to be the fingerprint scanner is very hit and miss - it takes a long time to...