Windows 10: Can’t log onto the internet? WiFi working on all other devices expect my windows 10 laptop

Discus and support Can’t log onto the internet? WiFi working on all other devices expect my windows 10 laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i cant log on to the internet even though it says im connected to the internet. Every other device works in my house except my windows 10 HP laptop. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ScottSoriano, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Can’t log onto the internet? WiFi working on all other devices expect my windows 10 laptop

i cant log on to the internet even though it says im connected to the internet. Every other device works in my house except my windows 10 HP laptop. I get error msg “DNS_PROBE_FINSIHED_NO _INTERNET

im using the Chrome browser, Edge does not work either.

PLEASE HELP

:)

ScottSoriano, Aug 27, 2019
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

Windows 10 freezing at log in

Hello Frank,

A failed update or one-time startup process can sometimes cause stopping, freezing, or reboot-loop issues during the login process. To isolate the issue, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Do you have a USB device attached? If yes, can you remove the device and log in again.
    • Have you tried turning off the WiFi feature in your laptop before logging in?
    • How about running a Startup Repair in your Windows 10 laptop? (Boot to Advanced Startup Options>Click on Troubleshoot> Click on Advanced options> Click on Startup Repair)
    • Aside from the above steps, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Aug 27, 2019
  3. Laptop wifi slow, very fast at work, other devices are fast at home

Are you connected to a 2.4 GHz network at home? Bluetooth devices and some USB 3.0 devices plugged into a laptop's USB 3.0 port will create interference with your wifi. My bluetooth keyboard/mouse will halve my wifi speed. Add a usb 3.0 external hard drive and sometimes my wifi disconnects during peak transfer.

What WiFi security protocols are being used at home vs at work?

sciencegeek, Aug 27, 2019
  4. Can’t log onto the internet? WiFi working on all other devices expect my windows 10 laptop

I need help setting up a Hotspot with Alfa R36A for home WiFi/Internet

This may not be the place to ask - but I'll try anyways. I have a motorhome parked at my house (my storage location). I'm trying to setup a Wifi Hotspot for my motorhome.

I just bought the Alfa R36A adapter and the Alfa AWUS036NH (antenna/receiver). This is setup inside the motorhome with the antenna/receiver suction-cupped to the window pointing toward my house. Alfa also sells this as a package with a different antenna called the "Camp Pro 2". https://store.rokland.com/collection...-access-points

I want to be able to connect to my home's the Internet from inside the motorhome (I have a Laptop and Smart TV/BD player in the motorhome that has Netflix and other streaming apps built in).

Inside my home I have AT&T DSL with their router/WiFi device. I get a weak Wifi signal inside the motorhome (and I can connect to the Internet with the Laptop's Wifi by connecting to the AT&T Wifi network and logging on with my AT&T SSID and password. Bu this signal is weak.

So I bought the Alfa system to pickup the weak AT&T Wifi signal and to pick up the free WiFi at the campgrounds I visit.

The problem I have is that the Alfa sees the AT&T Wifi and connects to it, but I can't get the Internet to connect. I can only connect to the devices on the Alfa network (by Wifi and ethernet).

When I setup the Alfa I choose "set as Hotspot" then the Alfa scans and lists the networks it sees. I select my ATT network and then enter the AT&T password in the setup. The Alfa has its own SSID and password. The Alfa uses 192.168.36.1 for the router and then assigns IP addresses in the 192.168.36.xx range. When I log onto the Alfa network it connects and all my local devices (TV) which get a 192.168.36.xx address. So those devices work fine over the Alfa network, but the Internet will not connect.

I asking if anyone has any experience with the Alfa or any suggestions to try. I plan to call tech support but they are closed when I get home from work and on weekends so it's not easy to get to them (I may just need to take a day off). It's also possible the Alfa device I just bought is defective.

I guess the way the Hotspot works, is that when I log onto the "Alfa network", the Alfa then automatically connects to the AT&T network (via WiF) and sends the AT&T password back to ATT system (?) to allow the Alfa network to connect to the Internet through the AT&T DSL/router/WiFi. I don't understand this part. Maybe the Alfa is not transmitting the password back to the ATT system.

CountryBumkin, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

Can’t log onto the internet? WiFi working on all other devices expect my windows 10 laptop

1. Can’t log onto the internet? WiFi working on all other devices expect my windows 10 laptop - Similar Threads - Can’t log onto

2. I can’t log onto my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t log onto my laptop: I can’t log onto my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-log-onto-my-laptop/04bda975-08dd-4f9b-b794-feaa49467049
  3. I can’t log onto my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can’t log onto my laptop: I can’t log onto my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-log-onto-my-laptop/04bda975-08dd-4f9b-b794-feaa49467049
  4. After update can’t log onto laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After update can’t log onto laptop: My gateway laptop OS 10 just got an update and now it won’t let me log onto my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-update-cant-log-onto-laptop/35a5e943-cff2-4cb9-8f78-289249ff1d65
  5. After update can’t log onto laptop

After update can’t log onto laptop: My gateway laptop OS 10 just got an update and now it won’t let me log onto my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-update-cant-log-onto-laptop/35a5e943-cff2-4cb9-8f78-289249ff1d65
  6. After update can’t log onto laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Pin not working anymore, unable to connect to internet or Ethernet, and can’t log onto...

Pin not working anymore, unable to connect to internet or Ethernet, and can’t log onto...: As the title of the post states, my pin stopped working for no reason, and similarly I’m unable to connect to any Ethernet or internet for no reason so I can’t change my pin, and I can’t even log into my windows account when attempting to use any advanced startup options. I...
  8. Pin not working anymore, unable to connect to internet or Ethernet, and can’t log onto...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pin not working anymore, unable to connect to internet or Ethernet, and can’t log onto...: As the title of the post states, my pin stopped working for no reason, and similarly I’m unable to connect to any Ethernet or internet for no reason so I can’t change my pin, and I can’t even log into my windows account when attempting to use any advanced startup options. I...
  9. WiFi slow on Laptop works normal on all other devices

WiFi slow on Laptop works normal on all other devices: So i have a Dell Inspiron N4050 i3 4gb RAM running on windows10 The Wifi connection is very slow on the laptop, i checked with my network provider there wasnt a issue from their side and speed is fine if i connect via direct wire but cant do it every time .I updated drivers ,...
  10. No Internet, Secured on my laptop but WiFi works fine on all other devices.

No Internet, Secured on my laptop but WiFi works fine on all other devices.: Hello, I've been having this problem for about a week. Our router has been recently changed in our house, same supplier Sky, and, for some reason, my laptop won't agree with it in the slightest. It's new, bought near Christmas, and is the Acer Aspire 7. Ever since we have...