Windows 10: Can't login after performing clean boot

Discus and support Can't login after performing clean boot in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, While performing clean boot process I made a mistake. I didn't tick the box with 'hide all microsoft services' and I clicked disable all........ Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Shrenik Ab, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Can't login after performing clean boot

Hello,

While performing clean boot process I made a mistake. I didn't tick the box with 'hide all microsoft services' and I clicked disable all..... Now I'm stucked up in login page where I can't login with pin or Microsoft password..

Please me out.

Thank you.

:)

Shrenik Ab, Jan 13, 2020

2. Lower performance on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that you are facing this issue.

Lets follow the below methods and check.

Method 1: Perform System Maintenance troubleshooter.

I would suggest you to perform System Maintenance troubleshooter on the computer and check if it fixes the issue.

Please follow the steps to perform System maintenance check to improve performance of the computer:

• Press Windows and x key together and select Control Panel.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all on the left side panel.
    • Click on System Maintenance and follow the onscreen instructions.

Method 2: Try to login to safe mode and check If the issue persists, if not perform Clean boot.

How to login to Safe mode steps.

• From login screen, press Shift key and click on the
      Power button and click restart to enter Advanced Boot Options.
    • In this page select troubleshoot
      option.
    • And click on Advance option.
    • Select Startup setting from advance option.
    • Here you will find Restart button, just click on it. It will restart PC with safe mode.
    • Once you login with safe mode, update the graphics card driver in this mode.

Method 3: Clean boot

Check if the issue persists, in safe mode.

If the issue does not persist in safe mode, then perform a clean boot to from safe mode to check if any third party application is causing the issue, as clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

How to troubleshoot problem by performing clean boot in Windows:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note:

Once you are done with the troubleshooting, perform the steps in “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot “to reset computer as usual.

Let us know if this helps or post back if you need further assistance we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Jan 13, 2020
  3. Toothless Win User
    Silent boot failure

List your specs out and tell us each step in cleaning you did.

Toothless, Jan 13, 2020
  4. Can't login after performing clean boot

Long boot start / black screen before login

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated. 

If you are unable to boot the computer to the start screen, follow the steps given below.

Method 1:

Disconnect all the devices connected to the computer except keyboard and mouse and check if you are able to boot to the start screen.

Method 2:

If the computer fails to boot, try performing safe mode and perform clean boot.

Step 1:

Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking. Press and hold the
    shift key while clicking on Restart at the login Screen (Bottom right corner).

[*]Select Troubleshootand click on
    Advanced Options.

[*]Select Startup Settingsand click on
    Restart.

[*]After restarting, choose Enable Safe modewith networking.

If the issue does not persists in Safe Mode, then perform a Clean Boot to check if any third party application is causing the issue, as Clean Boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

Step 2

Put the computer in Clean Boot and check if it helps.

By setting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a Clean Boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After Clean Boot troubleshooting step, refer to "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with Clean Boot" from the article.

Method 3: You may try to boot from the Windows 10 media and try performing an Automatic repair from Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE).

To perform Automatic repair on Windows 10 computer follow these steps:

a) Insert the media such as (USB or DVD) and restart your computer

b) Press F12 key (typically this is F12, but it can differ between computer manufacturers) and choose the drive that you inserted the installation media into.

Once the Windows Setup window appears, follow these steps:

c) Click Next and select Repair your computer.

d) You will then see a blue screen and an option to choose. Choose the option
    Troubleshoot
    and select Advanced options.

e) You may choose Automatic Repair from Advanced boot option.

You may refer to the below link to download the ISO and create the installation media:

Download Windows 10

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

Can't login after performing clean boot

1. Can't login after performing clean boot - Similar Threads - Can't login performing

2. How to perform a clean boot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to perform a clean boot?: How do I perform a clean boot state, what does this mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot/945abdd8-02ad-4e7c-be6f-1cce41fd8601
  3. How to perform a clean boot?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to perform a clean boot?: How do I perform a clean boot state, what does this mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot/945abdd8-02ad-4e7c-be6f-1cce41fd8601
  4. Can't login to Laptop after clean boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login to Laptop after clean boot: HelloI have an Windows 11.I followed a guide on how to do a clean boot of my Laptop because my notepad wasn't working and here: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/notepad-is-not-opening told me to clean boot following this:...
  5. Can't login to Laptop after clean boot

Can't login to Laptop after clean boot: HelloI have an Windows 11.I followed a guide on how to do a clean boot of my Laptop because my notepad wasn't working and here: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/notepad-is-not-opening told me to clean boot following this:...
  6. Unable to login after performing clean boot

Unable to login after performing clean boot: My Vostro 5402 was having problem allocating virtual memory not related to the current topic so I thought it might be having problem loading settings so I decided to listen to guides on the internet and do a clean boot. However, after restarting the lock screen said there was...
  7. Unable to login after performing clean boot

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to login after performing clean boot: My Vostro 5402 was having problem allocating virtual memory not related to the current topic so I thought it might be having problem loading settings so I decided to listen to guides on the internet and do a clean boot. However, after restarting the lock screen said there was...
  8. Unable to login after performing clean boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Can't login after clean boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't login after clean boot: I followed the steps here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows-da2f9573-6eec-00ad-2f8a-a97a1807f3dd to clean boot, but I forgot to check Hide All Microsoft Services. Now when I get to the login screen I see "Something happened and...
  10. Can't Perform Clean Boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't Perform Clean Boot: Hi, For some reason I am unable to perform a clean boot. I'm following the instructions on the Microsoft page carefully but it's not working. I'll explain what's happening with a screenshot in the hope someone can give me some pointers....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cleanboot windows problem locked out of addoumt

2. unable to enter pin after clean boot

3. Windows clean boot no login

4. cannot log into clean boot,
  5. cannot login after clean boot,
  6. clean boot cantsee login screen,
  7. cant login at cleanboot