Windows 10: Can't login after start-up keyboard and mouse not working

Discus and support Can't login after start-up keyboard and mouse not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I got a new laptop and i use a Windows 10pro everything was okay till I got a notification that I had to restart my go laptop I did restart but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TinanTinank, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Can't login after start-up keyboard and mouse not working

So I got a new laptop and i use a Windows 10pro everything was okay till I got a notification that I had to restart my go laptop

I did restart but after I can't log in because I can't make entries into my laptop...no keyboard entry no mouse cursor nothing just the sign in page appears but I can't log in....so I tried i turned on my safe mode from my advanced options in start-up options and still nothing

P.S cursor was working in advanced options features but after I did turn on my safe mode same problem

I can't login to my pc neither can I turn off my safe mode...im stuck at a place

i have all my school work on it and one is due tomorrow...any help?????

:)

TinanTinank, Dec 2, 2018

2. keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Dec 2, 2018
  3. Keyboard & mouse not working at windows 10 login

Hi Gonzukes,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums. Your interest on Windows 10 is appreciated.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing. We are glad to help you.

I would suggest you to follow the methods given below and check if it works:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + X”.

• Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.

• Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.

• Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.
    Follow the On Screen instructions.

Method 2: Un-install and re-install latest keyboard and mouse drivers from the computer manufacturer’s website and check.

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows Key + X” from the keyboard.

• Type “device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.

• Right click on the keyboard and mouse drivers and select
      “Uninstall”.
    Restart the computer once it is uninstalled.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Jenith_James, Dec 2, 2018
  4. XDCash Win User

Can't login after start-up keyboard and mouse not working

Windows 10 Login Screen - Not recognizes any keyboard and mouse

Windows 10 Login Screen not recognizes to ANY keyboard and mouse (both wired and wireless) but when power up to start up and the keyboard is working fine before login screen.

BUT - I am able to enter BIOS (keyboard working fine) and Acer Recovery Program (pressed by ALT + F10) and both keyboard and mouse working fine.

ONLY Login Screen not working where I have to type in password to unlock screen, however the keyboard’s number lock light went off when got on that screen, before that - it was light on while I am on BIOS and Recovery Program.

This not even make sense.

However, I tried those list.

• System restore (failed third times).
    • Refresh PC (failed).
    • Startup Repair (failed).
    • Tried go on safe mode but keyboard and mouse not recognizing.
    • I tried unplug both usb and restart without it until login screen open and reconnect both keyboard and mouse, still not recognizing.

I tried everything, seem nothing work at the login screen.

Any advice?

XDCash, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

Can't login after start-up keyboard and mouse not working

1. Can't login after start-up keyboard and mouse not working - Similar Threads - Can't login start

2. Mouse and keyboard not working upon windows start up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and keyboard not working upon windows start up: Upon turning on my PC and Windows launching my mouse and keyboard don't work at all. Have tried a system restore and a complete reset of the pc with no luck.I have also tested the mouse and keyboard on a different device and they work fine and in the safe mode options they...
  3. Mouse and keyboard not working upon windows start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and keyboard not working upon windows start up: Upon turning on my PC and Windows launching my mouse and keyboard don't work at all. Have tried a system restore and a complete reset of the pc with no luck.I have also tested the mouse and keyboard on a different device and they work fine and in the safe mode options they...
  4. Mouse and keyboard not working upon windows start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Mouse AND Keyboard not working after Windows Start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse AND Keyboard not working after Windows Start: Dear AllMy mouse and my keyboard have simultaneously stopped working. I tested them on other devices they work and also as long as I am not yet in Windows they seem to work fine. USB Ports also work, since i installed windows on another disk and ran it through that one....
  6. Mouse AND Keyboard not working after Windows Start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse AND Keyboard not working after Windows Start: Dear AllMy mouse and my keyboard have simultaneously stopped working. I tested them on other devices they work and also as long as I am not yet in Windows they seem to work fine. USB Ports also work, since i installed windows on another disk and ran it through that one....
  7. Mouse AND Keyboard not working after Windows Start

8. Windows 10 - Both keyboard and mouse are not working after start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - Both keyboard and mouse are not working after start up: Hello guys,I am aware that there are already many posts on the forum asking about why the keyboard and mouse don't work in Windows 10, however, after researching, I haven't been able to find a post that exactly describes my current problem.So basically, this is what's...
  9. Mouse and Keyboard not working at start after regedit

Mouse and Keyboard not working at start after regedit: I changed my regedit of the ff:Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e96b-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318} UpperFilter Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e96f-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318} UpperFilter I got...
  10. Keyboard and mouse are not working in login screen after restoring

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard and mouse are not working in login screen after restoring: I have restored my Windows 10 pc last night. But my keyboard and mouse are not working in the login screen. I don't have any CD or USB pendirve with windows 10. What should I do?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant login keyboard not working

2. after system login time key board and mouse not working