Windows 10: Cant Login after Windows 10 Reset keeping the files Option

Discus and support Cant Login after Windows 10 Reset keeping the files Option in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The windows 10 on my laptop was getting updated overnight. In the morning the screen was stuck on blank screen. It stayed on blank screen after I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rik_S, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Rik_S Win User

Cant Login after Windows 10 Reset keeping the files Option

The windows 10 on my laptop was getting updated overnight. In the morning the screen was stuck on blank screen. It stayed on blank screen after I restarted several times. I read help comments online & I was able to get to the Blue screen with options. After trying many restarting my laptop it always came to the blue screen and tried many options like selecting safe mode. Finally then no other options available, I selected System Restore keeping the files option which reset my laptop. After reseting now, when I try to login in with the default user it says Password incorrect. I am trying to forget password, it says "The user profile failed the sign in The ProfSVC service failed the sign-in, user profile cannot be loaded".

I tried restarting again pressing the Shift button in Safe mode with Command Prompt still I asks me for a login page and the same message 'The password is incorrect' and not able to go past the login page. I also tried resetting my passord online but still get the same error "The password is incorrect"

:)

Rik_S, Feb 27, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 27, 2021
  3. Karla Alm Win User
    Reset this PC 'Keep my Files' Option

Hello J,

There's a way if you want to keep your application and other files after resetting your computer. For instructions, we suggest that you check this link:Recovery
    options in Windows 10.

Kindly look for Keep my files under Reset this PC.

If you need further assistance, let us know.

Thank you.

Karla Alm, Feb 27, 2021
  4. Cant Login after Windows 10 Reset keeping the files Option

Windows 10 login prompt not appearing in startup- Help Please!

Hi,

The login prompt may not appear at startup due to system file and user profile corruption. Since you have tried some of the troubleshooting steps known to resolve this issue, we suggest resetting the PC. Make sure to choose the
    Keep my files option. To do so, follow the steps under Reset your PC section found on this article:

Recovery options in Windows 10
    . This method reinstalls Windows 10, keeps your files, and removes installed apps in your system.

Do not hesitate to reply if you need more help.

Dhavelyn Mer, Feb 27, 2021
Thema:

Cant Login after Windows 10 Reset keeping the files Option

1. Cant Login after Windows 10 Reset keeping the files Option - Similar Threads - Cant Login Reset

2. Windows 10 Reset Keeping My Files Option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Reset Keeping My Files Option: Hi there, i'm hoping someone can help. My Lenovo ideapad3 has gone to blue screen and I am unable to restart Windows. Not sure what happened but i think something to do with trying to upgrade to Windows 11. I called Lenovo support and they told me i have to reset the laptop...
  3. Windows 10 Reset Keeping My Files Option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Reset Keeping My Files Option: Hi there, i'm hoping someone can help. My Lenovo ideapad3 has gone to blue screen and I am unable to restart Windows. Not sure what happened but i think something to do with trying to upgrade to Windows 11. I called Lenovo support and they told me i have to reset the laptop...
  4. Windows 10 Reset Keeping My Files Option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I reset Windows 10 with "Keep all files" option but it didn't keep all files.

I reset Windows 10 with "Keep all files" option but it didn't keep all files.: I recently reset my windows 10 and I wanted to keep all of my files. But for some reason after resetting it, some of my files were gone I could tell that because I noticed that a lot of my pc's space was cleared. I didn't have a recovery point before this change because I...
  6. Cant login after windows 11 PC reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant login after windows 11 PC reset: I decided to do a PC reset to clear my pc for preformance reasons but after the reset was done when ever I try to login it keeps saying "The User Profile Sevice service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded." I have tried restarting disconnecting the wifi and back...
  7. Cant login after windows 11 PC reset

Cant login after windows 11 PC reset: I decided to do a PC reset to clear my pc for preformance reasons but after the reset was done when ever I try to login it keeps saying "The User Profile Sevice service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded." I have tried restarting disconnecting the wifi and back...
  8. Windows 10 Reset Keep My Files Additional Options

Windows 10 Reset Keep My Files Additional Options: I can't find the additional option while trying to reset my PC to keep preinstalled apps. I only have the option to download windows. Can I please have help?...
  9. My windows 10 is undoing changes after reseting with keep files option

My windows 10 is undoing changes after reseting with keep files option: windows was stuck in the blue screen because there is a boot error in srtTrail.txt says: critical boot is corrupted I faced this problem many times and I solved it using reset pc with keep files option because other advanced options didn't work. but now after reset on...
  10. Cant login after factory reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cant login after factory reset: I told my friend to do a factory reset on his notebook after he did it he cant login to his windows account. He cannot join to the internet connection with cable and without cable. He cannot do anything in "Shift and pressing power button and restart settings" when he try...