Windows 10: Can't Login After Windows 11 Update

Discus and support Can't Login After Windows 11 Update in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a laptop Dell Latitude 7490 that updated to Windows 11 from Windows 10. When the laptop boots, it is on the login screen that displays the date... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JJ_945, Jan 25, 2023.

1. JJ_945 Win User

Can't Login After Windows 11 Update

I have a laptop Dell Latitude 7490 that updated to Windows 11 from Windows 10. When the laptop boots, it is on the login screen that displays the date and time. I hit enter to bring up the login fields and it flashes my name and the spinning circle very briefly, maybe a second and then it goes away and just displays the date and time again. Sometimes my name will just flash on the screen or the screen will just flash like the login fields are going to appear but no success, just get the date and time again.I have tried restarting the machine but I am at a loss what to do next to resolve this

:)

JJ_945, Jan 25, 2023
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jan 25, 2023
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Can't Login After Windows 11 Update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 25, 2023
  4. Can't Login After Windows 11 Update

i dont want upgrade to windows 11

Hi Samiee,

How to Stop or Block Windows 11 update - Your Windows Guide

To Block Windows 11 update, see the steps below, which is explained later on step by step. This would also work even if you have clicked Download and install.

• Right-click Start and select Windows Powershell(admin).
    • Press Yes when Prompted.
    • Type cmd.exe to open Command Prompt inside Powershell.
    Paste the following command to enable Targeted Updates to a specific release:

• reg add HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate /v TargetReleaseversion /t REG_DWORD /d 1
    If you are on Windows 10 version 21H2, use the command below:

• reg add HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate /v TargetReleaseversionInfo /t REG_SZ /d 21H2
    If you are on Windows 10 version 21H1, use the command below:

• reg add HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate /v TargetReleaseversionInfo /t REG_SZ /d 21H1
    You should see the “The command completed successfully” message when you enter the commands.

Sumit (Volunteer Moderator), Jan 25, 2023
Thema:

Can't Login After Windows 11 Update

1. Can't Login After Windows 11 Update - Similar Threads - Can't Login Update

2. After update can't login to my laptop windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After update can't login to my laptop windows 11: Hello , After update windows 11 i can't long in my password or fingerprint https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-update-cant-login-to-my-laptop-windows-11/b0a43a32-3de7-48a9-94c6-bdd067b9f263
  3. After update can't login to my laptop windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After update can't login to my laptop windows 11: Hello , After update windows 11 i can't long in my password or fingerprint https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-update-cant-login-to-my-laptop-windows-11/b0a43a32-3de7-48a9-94c6-bdd067b9f263
  4. Can't login after windows update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't login after windows update: After i updated, my windows with The last updates then i couldn't login at all. First i think it was the system so i use windows repair tool. But it couldn't fix The problem, so know i ask for helpVideo proof...
  5. Can't login after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login after windows update: After i updated, my windows with The last updates then i couldn't login at all. First i think it was the system so i use windows repair tool. But it couldn't fix The problem, so know i ask for helpVideo proof...
  6. Can't login after windows update

7. Can't Login After Windows 11 Update

Can't Login After Windows 11 Update: I have a laptop Dell Latitude 7490 that updated to Windows 11 from Windows 10. When the laptop boots, it is on the login screen that displays the date and time. I hit enter to bring up the login fields and it flashes my name and the spinning circle very briefly, maybe a...
  8. Can't login to windows after update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't login to windows after update.: I've been having this problem since 2019 and still don't know what's causing it. I'm currently trying to install the latest version on my Windows 10 21H1 I believe, and I seem to have issues logging into my PC after the update. What exactly happens? After the update installs,...
  9. Can't login to Windows after an update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't login to Windows after an update: My husband was using his computer when an automatic update started. Following the update he is unable to sign in to Microsoft, Windows, his computer nothing. He hasn't been able to use his computer since the automatic update. He has an HP Pavillion. We have tried calling...
  10. Can't login after update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't login after update.: So every time I update Windows 10 I always seem to have a problem logging back in. The update loads, it restarts, I get to the login screen and type in my password, only to have the loading icon freeze next to the Welcome. Usually, I'd go through the hassle of uninstalling...