Windows 10: Can’t login after Windows reboots after update

Discus and support Can’t login after Windows reboots after update in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I guess about a month ago, I was unable to login to my computer after Windows automatically rebooted after an update, receiving a message something... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Pegasus416, May 28, 2019.

1. Can’t login after Windows reboots after update

I guess about a month ago, I was unable to login to my computer after Windows automatically rebooted after an update, receiving a message something about a group policy preventing access. I was unable to use either my PIN or MS password. I was running Windows 10 Home, version 1809. After I got done panicking, I manually rebooted and was able to successfully login with my PIN. I experienced this again last week after an update and a Windows automatic reboot. Yesterday I upgraded to 1903 and after the final reboot I experienced this once again. It’s not a show-stopper as I now know how to work around this issue, by restarting but it is a PITA. Any ideas?

:)

Pegasus416, May 28, 2019
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

3. P4-630 Win User
    FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

Ok I did another reboot, disabled windows update service, did step 3 again, this time it installed an update, enabled windows update service and did a reboot and voila!! *Peace Can’t login after Windows reboots after update :peace:

Can’t login after Windows reboots after update 20160416_190650-jpg.jpg

P4-630, May 28, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Can’t login after Windows reboots after update

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 28, 2019
Thema:

Can’t login after Windows reboots after update

1. Can’t login after Windows reboots after update - Similar Threads - Can’t login reboots

2. Can’t sign into Windows 10 after clean reboot

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can’t sign into Windows 10 after clean reboot: How do I fix my current issue of not being able to log in to the default account which is also my only administrator account? I’ve tried safe mode but it only gives a white screen after signing into my account with the correct password. When going into command prompt within...
  3. Can’t sign into Windows 10 after clean reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t sign into Windows 10 after clean reboot: How do I fix my current issue of not being able to log in to the default account which is also my only administrator account? I’ve tried safe mode but it only gives a white screen after signing into my account with the correct password. When going into command prompt within...
  4. Can’t sign into Windows 10 after clean reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot login to windows after Bios Update reboot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot login to windows after Bios Update reboot: Setting up new lenovo Thinkpad for the first time, after account sign-in with MS365 Exchange Go-Daddy for business, password was created. No login PIN was created as employee has not yet onboarded. Windows prompt for bio update and subsequently restarted. Upon restart, the...
  6. Windows Reboots Shortly After Login

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Reboots Shortly After Login: This past week my PC has been rebooting after logging in and I am quite confused on what is causing it. It seems after the random reboot when I log in a 2nd time all is well. I have updated all the drivers, checked the XMP settings, bios is up to date, temps are monitored...
  7. Can’t login to my account after updating to 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can’t login to my account after updating to 1903: Does anyone have the same issue I have? So basically I updated to 1903 from 1803 when I keep trying to login I get signed out immediately, I don’t know why. Also, when I login to an other account it lets me login with no problem. Any help?...
  8. Can’t login after Windows reboots after update

in Windows 10 Support
    Can’t login after Windows reboots after update: I guess about a month ago, I was unable to login to my computer after Windows automatically rebooted after an update, receiving a message something about a group policy preventing access. I was unable to use either my PIN or MS password. I was running Windows 10 Home, version...
  9. Rebooting after a Windows update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Rebooting after a Windows update.: One of our Acer All in One computer went through an Windows Update last night and now it won't boot up fully. Get the screensaver up but no communication with either the mouse or keyboard. We have tried rebooting it a few times and the computer will not get beyond this...
  10. Can’t login to PC after reset

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can’t login to PC after reset: hello, today i reset my pc (while keeping personal data) to remove alot of programs in the hooes my oc would perform better and now it is stuck on the login screen. I put in my microsoft password, it tells me it is incorrect. Ive only used this one but ive reset it anyways...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant login with my main account after 1903 update