Windows 10: Cant login and no reset button

Discus and support Cant login and no reset button in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; i bought a computer online, it was really good but the seller failed to disclose to me the login. i had to check the serial code to make sure it wasnt... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by idontevenknownh, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Cant login and no reset button

i bought a computer online, it was really good but the seller failed to disclose to me the login. i had to check the serial code to make sure it wasnt stolen its not, hallelujah i was told to do shift+restart -> troubleshoot -> pc reset, but when i do that, there is no factory reset option! i tried the f9 trick and that didnt work either! i was told i had to buy a special driver online but that runs upwards to $50+, or i could take it to a repair shop, which does it upwards to $100+. i tried booting safe mode with command prompt but that makes me login as well, which i dont have. every

:)

idontevenknownh, Jun 15, 2021

2. Microsoft Login

Hi Gourmage,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to perform Safe Mode with Networking and then try to change the password.

Method 1: Safe mode.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Method 2:
    Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anil Madishetty, Jun 15, 2021
  3. Reset Button Not Working

Most reset buttons work with a single tap, but have you tried holding it down like one would a main power button?

Frag Maniac, Jun 15, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Cant login and no reset button

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 15, 2021
Thema:

Cant login and no reset button

1. Cant login and no reset button - Similar Threads - Cant login reset

2. Cant login into Microsoft account even if reseting password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cant login into Microsoft account even if reseting password: Recently i have gotten back into minecraft. So i downloaded the launcher and went to login using my microsoft account. then my password did not work i went to reset it and still nothing. then i went to the microsoft store app logged out then i could not log back in.I have...
  3. Cant login into Microsoft account even if reseting password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant login into Microsoft account even if reseting password: Recently i have gotten back into minecraft. So i downloaded the launcher and went to login using my microsoft account. then my password did not work i went to reset it and still nothing. then i went to the microsoft store app logged out then i could not log back in.I have...
  4. Cant login into Microsoft account even if reseting password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cant login after windows 11 PC reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant login after windows 11 PC reset: I decided to do a PC reset to clear my pc for preformance reasons but after the reset was done when ever I try to login it keeps saying "The User Profile Sevice service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded." I have tried restarting disconnecting the wifi and back...
  6. Cant login after windows 11 PC reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant login after windows 11 PC reset: I decided to do a PC reset to clear my pc for preformance reasons but after the reset was done when ever I try to login it keeps saying "The User Profile Sevice service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded." I have tried restarting disconnecting the wifi and back...
  7. Cant reset pc, cant update, no sound, start button doesnt work.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant reset pc, cant update, no sound, start button doesnt work.: About 2 days ago I've encountered a problem with my sound and my start button. Start button has completely stopped working when I left click it. And my sound says there are no Audio Devices Installed when I know that they are actually Installed because I haven't touched...
  8. password reset cant login to profile

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    password reset cant login to profile: help I can not log in into my account from startup and when I used the password reset disk it said it encountered an error how can I fix this help please...
  9. Cant login or reset after enabling safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cant login or reset after enabling safe mode: Hello. Today I tried getting rid of an .ogg file. I looked up how to do so, and followed a guide saying you had to enable safe boot, restart your pc, delete the file, and then disable safe boot. Heres the problem: I turned on safe boot and restarted my computer, but I was...
  10. Cant login after factory reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cant login after factory reset: I told my friend to do a factory reset on his notebook after he did it he cant login to his windows account. He cannot join to the internet connection with cable and without cable. He cannot do anything in "Shift and pressing power button and restart settings" when he try...