Windows 10: Can't Login as Administrator, Only Guest

Discus and support Can't Login as Administrator, Only Guest in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am logged in only as guest. I can't find any options to log in as admin. Can't update apps, or even start in safe mode. I've researched several posts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FPRedmon, Feb 26, 2020.

1. FPRedmon Win User

Can't Login as Administrator, Only Guest

I am logged in only as guest. I can't find any options to log in as admin. Can't update apps, or even start in safe mode. I've researched several posts about this with no definitive answer. I came across a Microsoft community post saying that this occurred with a user after setting up printer sharing on a home network. I recently tried to set up sharing on a home network. I wasn't able to get it to work. It asked for a user name and password. I put in my Account name and PIN. That didn't work. I tried my windows password. That didn't work. I don't know if this is when the problem started, but when I read about a similar issue, it made me wonder.

Need help before I take into the local computer shop to see if it's an easy fix.

:)

FPRedmon, Feb 26, 2020
  2. Alden Rey Win User

Resign-in as Administrator from guest in Windows 10

Hi Mike,

Have you tried to sign out of the guest account and login as Administrator?

If you're still signed in as Guest, you can check their existence & status by entering the steps in the command prompt. To do that you need to do the following:

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.
    • Click on ‘Command Prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated command prompt. Note: Click ‘Yes’ if it prompts for permission.
    • Enter the following command to enable the hidden administrator account:

net user administrator /active:yes

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Feb 26, 2020
  3. Guest

Hi Voytek,

To remove the guest account from your start screen, we suggest that you try the following steps:

• Right-click Start menu, then select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Enable guest account first by typing net user guest /active:yes, then press
      Enter.
    • Disable guest account by typing net user guest /active:no, then press
      Enter.
    • Perform a
      clean boot in Windows.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Feb 26, 2020
  4. Can't Login as Administrator, Only Guest

Windows 10 login for 2nd account or guest

Hi Steve,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I can understand how frustrating it can be when things don’t work as expected. I'd be glad to help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to enable the guest account and check if that helps.

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the below command:

net user guest /active:yes
    Hope it helps. Let us know if you have any further query Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Sara Mohammedi, Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

Can't Login as Administrator, Only Guest

1. Can't Login as Administrator, Only Guest - Similar Threads - Can't Login Administrator

2. can't login it says administrator disabled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    can't login it says administrator disabled: disabled administrator don't know password just bought the pc i have a usb and extra pc if there's a way i can do it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-login-it-says-administrator-disabled/db94d3cf-fe8d-43fc-bba3-d089ca5c5747
  3. Changing guest account to administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing guest account to administrator account: Hi thereI am unable to use administrator settings even though I am using the only account on my computer which is considered a guest account. I got typing in Windows Run: "netplwiz" and changing my account permissions to "Device Owner"Now I cannot reset the computer or use...
  4. Accidentally changed my only Administrator account to Guest

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accidentally changed my only Administrator account to Guest: Hello,As the subject suggests, I accidentally changed my only admin account to guest today. The account is also my Microsoft account, and I don't have any other accounts on my computer. So I ended up with only a guest account and can't use my laptop to its full potential....
  5. Administrator only login in windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Administrator only login in windows 10: Hi all. My windows 10 desktop only has administrator login options but no administrator account exists and I do not have a password, so logging on is not possible. This situation has come about after I replaced my original version of 10 with a new version downloaded. Any...
  6. Change Administrator Guest

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Administrator Guest: Ran net user in cmd and noticed that the Administrator was set to guest. Went to setting and check if I was the only admin visible and I am. Guest account is not visible. How do I change that admin slot from Guest to my admin log in?? Thanks for the help, Ty....
  7. Managing guest account as administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Managing guest account as administrator: I created a standard guest account with restricted access to settings. Now I would like to do some personalization tweaks on that account (add profile picture, edit input languages and layouts etc). I can't do that when logged in as a guest. Is there a way to configure the...
  8. Can't Login To administrator account on Laptop

Can't Login To administrator account on Laptop: Hello I've been having some issues with logging in for weeks because I don't know the password To My laptop,It's a Republic of gamers gl753ve laptop,I've tried going into safe mode by pressing shift and restart and tried doing a command prompt "rstrui.exe" but that doesn't do...
  9. can't login as administrator

can't login as administrator: i can't login as a administrator and there are no option of family and other users in User settings,below i attached screen shots,pls help me to fix this [ATTACH] after that i click this i got only this error message. [IMG]in settings-->users there is no "family and...
  10. Unable to show Administrator or Guest account on login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to show Administrator or Guest account on login screen: July 15, 2017 I have WIN 10 Pro on a Dell laptop. I have been unable to find a way to show ALL accounts, User, (built in) Administrator, Guest account, etc at WIN 10 login/sign on. The only account I can get to show in my user account (which has administrator status)....