Windows 10: Can't login as local user

Discus and support Can't login as local user in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have new a Dell Laptop 8 gb, i5, 64-bit x64- based processor. I just reinstalled Windows 10 pro, version 20H2, OS build 19042/865, Windows Feature... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KirkKS, Jan 4, 2021.

1. KirkKS Win User

Can't login as local user

I have new a Dell Laptop 8 gb, i5, 64-bit x64- based processor. I just reinstalled Windows 10 pro, version 20H2, OS build 19042/865, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0 via the Media Creation tool, clean installation. Which went without a hitch.

I had to login with my my Office 365 business account. That went smoothly.

However, I created an "Other Users" local account without a microsoft account and when I try to login as the "other user" It does'nt recognize the account. It expects an email address and password. I tried creating the "other user" with the "Computer Management" app. Still no luck.

I would like other people to use this computer without having them to login in as me or without having to create Microsoft accounts for each volunteer who needs to use our computer. Is there a way for this to happen?

:)

KirkKS, Jan 4, 2021

2. Use a Local user Account to login to Windows 10 PC

Hello Vojta,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that you want a Local user account to login to your computer.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to convert the Microsoft Account you are using to a Local Account.

• Sign in to your Microsoft account.

• Click Start and then PC settings.

• Click Users and accounts and under your Profile select “Sign in with a local account instead ” option.

• Enter the required details.

• Type in a Username, Password, and Password Hint that you want set for your Local account and click
      Next. Click on Sign out and Finish button.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further assistance, we would be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 4, 2021
  3. Forgot Local Password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and reset the password for the local account and check.

• Login in to your Microsoft account.

• Press Windows logo key + X key.

• Select Computer Management.

• Click on Local user and group.

• In the right window pane, double click on user’s folder.

• Right click on local user account and select set password and follow the on screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 4, 2021
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Can't login as local user - Similar Threads - Can't login local

2. Can't login to local account.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't login to local account.: Can't login to local account, when try to do so, it shows an error code, We're sorry , But Something Went Wrong. Your Microsoft Account Wasn't changed to local account....
  3. Can't login to local account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login to local account.: Can't login to local account, when try to do so, it shows an error code, We're sorry , But Something Went Wrong. Your Microsoft Account Wasn't changed to local account....
  4. Can't login to local account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't login in user

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't login in user: Today I tried to turn on my computer and the error "the user profile service failed the sign-in" popped up. So after looking for solutions, all of these said that I should enter in safe mode. The problem is that I can't even enter in safe mode, it loads for about 15 minutes...
  6. Local User login on Win 10

Local User login on Win 10: Hi I purchased a dell xps15 and set up win10 as a work user. I then proceed to add a local user. I was asked username, password and set up 3 security questions. However I was unable to login as a local user, as the login screen ask for an email address and password. I was...
  7. Microsoft login to local user sign in

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft login to local user sign in: I'm about to switch from Microsoft administrator account to a local account. What about my files, pictures. Will they be automatically saved or do I need to save all of them again before changing to a local account? Thank you...
  8. Login with Local User on Windows Pro

Login with Local User on Windows Pro: Hi, I have just started up a brand new HP Desktop machine with Windows Pro installed. I completed the setup, all ok. I have created a new user for my collegaue to use the PC who will also need to be an administrator. She does not have a microsoft email acount or address...
  9. Local access user login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local access user login: I have several HP home computers that I am setting up local account users for. I have 7 kids so 9 of us in the family. I have created local user accounts with no email(kids). Some of them work and some I get profile service service failed can not load profile. I have...
  10. Can't login as local user after adding a computer to a domain

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't login as local user after adding a computer to a domain: Here are the steps I took. Please tell me if I should have done differently. 1. On the server end add the user and computer to the domain in advance. 2. Fresh install windows 10 and make the first username Admin. 3. Once at desktop rename PC to match PC name on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot log in to local user

2. windows 10 local account cant login using pc name and username

3. unable to login to local account windows 10