Windows 10: Can't login in safe mode after setting safe mode at booting with msconfig and I am now...

Discus and support Can't login in safe mode after setting safe mode at booting with msconfig and I am now... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, i needed to boot my notebook ( windows 10) in safemode so i chanced my booting preferences in msconfig to safe boot. I did this procedure many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by il B0b, Sep 7, 2019.

1. il B0b Win User

Can't login in safe mode after setting safe mode at booting with msconfig and I am now...

Hello, i needed to boot my notebook ( windows 10) in safemode so i chanced my booting preferences in msconfig to safe boot. I did this procedure many many times in the past.

Once restarted, my correct password was not recognised as correct and i am now locked out without the possibility to boot in normal mode.

I already tried several solution:

- booting from a w10 usb drive using bcdedit , didnt work

- booting in safe mode with networking , still no connection after plugging the Ethernet cable therefore my password couldn't be verified.

- i tried all my old passwords and still nothing.

As far as I understood the problem is released to microsoft "cloud" password verification not possible in safe mode without internet connection, am i correct?

Any help will be extremely appreciated.

Regards!

T

:)

il B0b, Sep 7, 2019
  2. psyko12 Win User

Safe mode problems

System refuses to go to safe mode unless, 1. using the directory service repair mode, 2. in windows go to msconfig use diagnostic startup and then boot back and choose normal safe mode.

Other than that, when not using two statements above, when safe mode is used it restarts the computer, Is there a software/driver conflict? Or maybe disabled a used service so windows doesn't want to go to normal safe mode? Any help is welcome, *Bang Head :banghead:

Thanks in advance

psyko12, Sep 7, 2019
  3. changed msconfig setting to boot to safe mode now unable to boot

I wanted to uninstall an antivirus, I thought I needed to go to safe mode, so I went into msconfig to set it to boot to safe mode after restart. I think there is a problem with safe mode on my computer. Now I am unable to boot into Windows at all. Is
    there a way to tell msconfig I want to boot into normal Windows mode again ?

Francis Bouchard, Sep 7, 2019
  4. Can't login in safe mode after setting safe mode at booting with msconfig and I am now...

Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

Can't login in safe mode after setting safe mode at booting with msconfig and I am now...

1. Can't login in safe mode after setting safe mode at booting with msconfig and I am now... - Similar Threads - Can't login safe

2. Login issues after safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login issues after safe mode: So firstly my computer has been having an error with the personalized settings not responding AFTER I log in for a while now. But just recently I had a big complied update as I hadn't updated windows in a while. Few days later and my computer is running ridiculously slow....
  3. Can't login to desktop after booting into safe mode without networking

Can't login to desktop after booting into safe mode without networking: Hello, I have a bit of problem and would appreciate help. I booted into safe mode without networking and now i can't login, I am stuck here, I already tried Shift and restart>Troubleshoot>Advanced options>Startup settings and then i press restart then f5/5 to enable safe...
  4. I am stuck with safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    I am stuck with safe mode: When set up msconfig into safemode to boot default I can't sign in because my password is incorrect, now I am stuck with safemode. I don't know why, I tried everything! But it keeps telling me that to sign in and my password is incorrect when its not..tried to fix this up but...
  5. Unable to login in safe mode

Unable to login in safe mode: Hello, I entered safe mode to check some issue with my system however in spite of entering correct password (which is same as my Microsoft account password) the login screen shows incorrect password. I have tried safe mode with networking and my system is connected to...
  6. Stuck, can't login and in Safe Mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stuck, can't login and in Safe Mode: I entered regular safe mode this morning and it had been stuck there ever since. It says wrong password, I've tried all passwords and pins I can remeber and nothing. Tried choosing safe mode with networking in troubleshooting (holding shift while selecting restart) but...
  7. No login prompt/safe mode boot not working

No login prompt/safe mode boot not working: Hi, I just installed a new GPU and after rebooting my computer, I'm not being presented with a login prompt, when I interact with the PC it just goes to this screen and I am not able to progress further. I have tried multiple times the "shift" + restart method to boot the...
  8. Login woes in Safe Mode

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Login woes in Safe Mode: I am working on a computer running Windows 10, 64-bit. The model computer is an HP 15-f211wm laptop. A friend brought it over saying there was a problem with sound and thought it may be infected. I saw Malwarebytes was already installed. I updated it using an ethernet...
  9. Can't log on or boot into Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't log on or boot into Safe Mode: After running some virus scans for maintenance on my computer, (MalwareBytes, Emsisoft), I restarted the machine and wasn't able to log in to my account after that, and I can't get into Safe Mode at all, as the only options at the logon screen are Ease of Access and Network...
  10. Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...: Good Evening, I could do with some pointers on resolving an issue. I can only boot into windows in safe mode in Windows 10. Normal mode and safe mode with networking doesn't work. The problem occurred after a windows update. I have removed the latest updates that were...