Windows 10: Can't login in safe mode after setting safe mode at booting with msconfig and I am now...

Discus and support Can't login in safe mode after setting safe mode at booting with msconfig and I am now... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, i needed to boot my notebook ( windows 10) in safemode so i chanced my booting preferences in msconfig to safe boot. I did this procedure many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by il B0b, Sep 7, 2019.

1. il B0b Win User

Can't login in safe mode after setting safe mode at booting with msconfig and I am now...

Hello, i needed to boot my notebook ( windows 10) in safemode so i chanced my booting preferences in msconfig to safe boot. I did this procedure many many times in the past.

Once restarted, my correct password was not recognised as correct and i am now locked out without the possibility to boot in normal mode.

I already tried several solution:

- booting from a w10 usb drive using bcdedit , didnt work

- booting in safe mode with networking , still no connection after plugging the Ethernet cable therefore my password couldn't be verified.

- i tried all my old passwords and still nothing.

As far as I understood the problem is released to microsoft "cloud" password verification not possible in safe mode without internet connection, am i correct?

Any help will be extremely appreciated.

Regards!

T

:)

il B0b, Sep 7, 2019
  2. psyko12 Win User

Safe mode problems

System refuses to go to safe mode unless, 1. using the directory service repair mode, 2. in windows go to msconfig use diagnostic startup and then boot back and choose normal safe mode.

Other than that, when not using two statements above, when safe mode is used it restarts the computer, Is there a software/driver conflict? Or maybe disabled a used service so windows doesn't want to go to normal safe mode? Any help is welcome, *Bang Head :banghead:

Thanks in advance

psyko12, Sep 7, 2019
  3. changed msconfig setting to boot to safe mode now unable to boot

I wanted to uninstall an antivirus, I thought I needed to go to safe mode, so I went into msconfig to set it to boot to safe mode after restart. I think there is a problem with safe mode on my computer. Now I am unable to boot into Windows at all. Is
    there a way to tell msconfig I want to boot into normal Windows mode again ?

Francis Bouchard, Sep 7, 2019
  4. Can't login in safe mode after setting safe mode at booting with msconfig and I am now...

Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

Can't login in safe mode after setting safe mode at booting with msconfig and I am now...

1. Can't login in safe mode after setting safe mode at booting with msconfig and I am now... - Similar Threads - Can't login safe

2. Booted in safe mode and cant login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booted in safe mode and cant login: I selected safe mode with registry? Or something of the sort and now i cant login, and i cant bring up the cmnd prompt or my account. I used system. Restore but it did not change anything...
  3. Booted in safe mode and cant login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Booted in safe mode and cant login: I selected safe mode with registry? Or something of the sort and now i cant login, and i cant bring up the cmnd prompt or my account. I used system. Restore but it did not change anything...
  4. I can't boot in to safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't boot in to safe mode: So I've had a really frustrating problem... I was doing a factory reset with my pc and something went wrong. "user profile service service failed the logon. user profile cannot be loaded" so I was like alright time to boot in to safe mode but I literally cannot boot into safe...
  5. I can't boot in to safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't boot in to safe mode: So I've had a really frustrating problem... I was doing a factory reset with my pc and something went wrong. "user profile service service failed the logon. user profile cannot be loaded" so I was like alright time to boot in to safe mode but I literally cannot boot into safe...
  6. I can't boot in to safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Enabled Safe Mode using MSConfig, but now it boots to black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Enabled Safe Mode using MSConfig, but now it boots to black screen: As the title says, I needed to reboot in safe mode using MSConfig, but upon trying to reboot, I now just get a black screen. The hotkey for entering bios during startup is F12 since this is a Dell, but it does nothing now. I made a recovery USB from another windows 10 machine...
  8. Can't boot into safe mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't boot into safe mode.: Every time I try to boot into safe mode it always tries to do an automatic repair and fails to repair.I can still boot normally just not in safe mode. This from the log: Root cause found: Boot critical file g:\windows\system32\drivers\ramdisk.sys is corrupt. Repair...
  9. Stuck in safe mode, can't run msconfig

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stuck in safe mode, can't run msconfig: I rebooted my computer into Safe Mode to uninstall some drivers. I did this using msconfig. Now that I am in Safe Mode, I can't run msconfig to get out. I try running the command and nothing happens. I have tried running it from the command prompt, and I get the same thing....
  10. No monitor after trying to boot to safe mode with msconfig

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No monitor after trying to boot to safe mode with msconfig: I recently tried to restart my pcninto safe mode in order to run some diagnostics. I entered safemode through msconfig. After booting this way, my monitor has completely stopped recieving signal. Ive tried plugging it into other ports and even used other monitors with no...