Windows 10: Can’t login in windows 10 safe mode

Discus and support Can’t login in windows 10 safe mode in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I was trying for the first time getting into safe mode because later I need to do it again to clean install my graphics driver. When windows restarts... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by AyyashMarzuki, May 3, 2020.

1. Can’t login in windows 10 safe mode

I was trying for the first time getting into safe mode because later I need to do it again to clean install my graphics driver. When windows restarts on safe mode, it requires me to enter my password. I’ve tried entering it many times but is still incorrect. I’m sure it is the right password because I can login to my microsoft account from my phone. Now I can’t do anything on my laptop because I can’t even get pass the login page.

Windows is up to date as of now as I’ve checked before going into safe mode.

Help is very much appreciated, thank you.

:)

AyyashMarzuki, May 3, 2020

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 3, 2020
  3. Window 10 unable to login with normal and safe mode with correct password

Hi Team,

Today i stuck to login on windows 10 with correct password, i follow same on safe mode but it does not work.

I tried with safe mode with Network but no luck.. Below steps i followed for safe mode...

Troubleshoot> Advanced Options> Startup Settings> Restart>Safe Mode with Networking.O

Here i re-enter the password and it doesn't work.

Please suggest...

RohitPanchalPanchal, May 3, 2020
  4. Can’t login in windows 10 safe mode

Password not working in safe mode, windows 10

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• What happens exactly when you enter the password?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • How have you booted your computer into safe mode?
    • Are you using local or Microsoft account to login?

I suggest you to force restart your computer and check whether you can get back your computer to normal mode.

You may follow the steps from the below article to place the computer in safe mode and check if it helps.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 3, 2020
Thema:

Can’t login in windows 10 safe mode

1. Can’t login in windows 10 safe mode - Similar Threads - Can’t login safe

2. Can’t start in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t start in safe mode: Windows10 will not load and can not repair itself. Instructions read for stopcode does not work as no option to start safe mode is listed in the advanced solutions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-start-in-safe-mode/dce7121f-310b-4482-b28e-b67a5737af20
  3. Can’t start in safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can’t start in safe mode: Windows10 will not load and can not repair itself. Instructions read for stopcode does not work as no option to start safe mode is listed in the advanced solutions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-start-in-safe-mode/dce7121f-310b-4482-b28e-b67a5737af20
  4. Can’t restart in safe mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can’t restart in safe mode: My hp laptop won’t restart in safe mode. Trying to remove malware/software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-restart-in-safe-mode/0653b64e-5d2e-4fed-ba69-b6d09af78026
  5. Can’t restart in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t restart in safe mode: My hp laptop won’t restart in safe mode. Trying to remove malware/software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-restart-in-safe-mode/0653b64e-5d2e-4fed-ba69-b6d09af78026
  6. Can’t restart in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can’t login even with correct password or run Safe Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can’t login even with correct password or run Safe Mode: Hi,My Surface Book running Windows 10 was running perfectly fine until I received a windows notification that a scan disk was required this wasn’t in response to a pop up or other malware. When I restarted my system, drive C went through a disk scan and no errors or other...
  8. Can’t sign in with safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can’t sign in with safe mode: Ok,so I restarted my computer in safe mode not knowing i need a different password,i done this by the msconfig method. I am not sure if I use microsoft account or local accout for it, I changed my microsoft accout password,and restarted in safe mode with networking,but my...
  9. Can’t get into safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can’t get into safe mode: Hi, I was recently messing around with custom icons and stuff like that when I ran into a problem. I searched for a resolution and was directed to an answer on this telling me to rebuild my cache. I deleted the files and rebooted my computer. After this, I wasn’t able to...
  10. Can’t get to safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can’t get to safe mode: Hi so my problem began when i decided to update a driver for my laptop. Turned out to be a wrong one because when i restarted i got stucked into a blue screen of death loop and everytime it restarts it goes back to blue screen. I figure that if i go to safe mode and uninstall...