Windows 10: Can't login Microsoft 10 for initial setup

Discus and support Can't login Microsoft 10 for initial setup in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I have a new laptop for my colleague, I set it up for her follow the instruction. It asked me to reset password while set up for Windows login... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Carol Kwok, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Can't login Microsoft 10 for initial setup

Hi,

I have a new laptop for my colleague, I set it up for her follow the instruction. It asked me to reset password while set up for Windows login then I followed. The next screen is asking if I have got a Microsoft account, I entered the email and it asked for password update. However, it first says my password doesn't match with organization policy so I tried few times and at the end it says sign-in timed again please try sign in again. I cannot go back or forward, it stuck at the screen even I restart the laptop. There is no restart icon on the screen but I just press the Switch off button on the laptop.

I have tried the password is fine which can be logged into another laptop.

Can I reset the laptop without Microsoft login?

Please help!

:)

Carol Kwok, Apr 17, 2019

2. Wi-Fi requires browser login Windows 10 initial setup

Windows 10 initial setup requires login to Wi-Fi, but won't launch the browser to allow login. The Wi-Fi hotspots I have access to rewrite login visa browser ad the final step. I'm dead in the water. Is there a way to get the browser to load so I can complete
    the Wi-Fi login at initial setup of Windows 10?

***Subject edited for clarity.***

TomBartley1900, Apr 17, 2019
  3. Wi-Fi requires browser login Windows 10 initial setup

Hi Tom,

To better assist you, we would like to know more information regarding this issue. Kindly answer the following:

• Since it is the initial setup, have you tried skipping the step of connecting your PC to WiFi, or is there no option to do that?
    • If you already skipped this step, what is the default browser that you're currently using?
    • Does this only happen when trying to connect to a specific WiFi hotspot?

Your reply is most important for us to assist you accordingly.

Patricia Yu, Apr 17, 2019
  4. Can't login Microsoft 10 for initial setup

Windows 10 Can't Login to Microsoft Account

Hi Gaurav,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you to try signing in to account.live.com on another device and verify the account is in a good state.

Step 2:

Login in to another user account and try logging in to Windows Store and check.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to perform an automatic repair on your computer and check if it helps.

If you need an installation media, I suggest you to download and create the installation media using the follow Microsoft link, which contains the Windows 10 ISO file.

http://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows10

Method 1: Automatic Repair.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
      • Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Automatic Repair’ and select the operating system.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

Can't login Microsoft 10 for initial setup

1. Can't login Microsoft 10 for initial setup - Similar Threads - Can't login Microsoft

2. Windows 10 initial setup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 initial setup: When initially setting up my new Laptop, I selected UK Keyboard when I should have selected US. How do I change this setting to 'US Keyboard'? I seem not to be able to find the 'Language' feature in 'Control Panel' Thankyou in advance for your help. Regards. Robert...
  3. can't setup "PIN" to login to windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can't setup "PIN" to login to windows: [ATTACH] this is a weird problem. i logged into my college email using the Mail app in windows 10. after that i got a message that tells me that i need to setup a new PIN to login to windows (my old PIN was 4 digits) and the new Required one should be more than 6 digits....
  4. Microsoft account required at initial setup - no way to bypass

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft account required at initial setup - no way to bypass: I run small IT Services company (Country Computer Guy) and have install/re-installed Windows 10 many times with minimal issues. I am setting up a refurbished Dell Outlet Inspiron 15 - 7573 2-in-1 laptop with a Windows 10 Home build for a customer. The laptop came directly...
  5. Windows 10 Initial Setup

Windows 10 Initial Setup: Hi I am trying to install windows 10 in a mac machien using windows bootcamp . I am runniing Mojave and all the apps are up to date just freshly installed yesterday . while insatlling and after the reboot , i am stuck in the page lets conenct to a internet , there is no...
  6. Initial setup of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Initial setup of Windows 10: I bought a refurbished Lenovo Think Centre, and in the initial setup, I have been unable to change the default language and geographic location. The machine default is French. When I try to change the default to English, I get a message that a problem occurred, and I'm...
  7. Initial Setup with Broken Screen

Initial Setup with Broken Screen: Hello! I'm wanting to do an initial Setup on a laptop with a broken screen by using an external monitor. I was wondering if there was a way to switch the primary screen to the monitor, or if I have to use the built in monitor for it. Thanks!...
  8. error during initial setup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    error during initial setup: One Drive shows a blank screen during the initial setup of my newly purchased Surface Pro 6. I turned on the laptop and went to the part about OneDrive, pressed Next but the screen went blank. I tried to click the back arrow to choose “Only save files on this PC”, but the...
  9. Initial setup

Initial setup: I have a Gigabyte b360m ds3h motherboard and I am trying to install windows 10 but im not sure what im doing wrong. I have my flashdrive with the windows 10 media creation tool installed and formatted to NTFS but it is not showing up as a bootable drive. when i try to boot it...
  10. Crash during initial setup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crash during initial setup: Here is a screen I got during an installation on a VirtualBox installation. Attachment 10284 Any suggestions? Snarks*Cool 3522