Windows 10: Can't Login on Windows, Asking for a USB flash drive

Discus and support Can't Login on Windows, Asking for a USB flash drive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My laptop is asking for a password when it usually asks for a pin number. There is no way to switch login options and it's saying I need a USB to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Reina609, Feb 23, 2024.

1. Reina609 Win User

Can't Login on Windows, Asking for a USB flash drive

My laptop is asking for a password when it usually asks for a pin number. There is no way to switch login options and it's saying I need a USB to change the password, etc. I don't have a USB backup or Windows disk. I've tried to reset the computer using shift/restart...troubleshoot, etc. No matter what I try, it keeps asking for a password or to be signed in as an admin. My computer was acting weird yesterday and wouldn't link my phone to my laptop as usual. It also could be from a new update, but I can't uninstall the update without the password.I have another laptop that I can access and am

:)

Reina609, Feb 23, 2024
Thema:

Can't Login on Windows, Asking for a USB flash drive

1. Can't Login on Windows, Asking for a USB flash drive - Similar Threads - Can't Login Asking

2. Can't format USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't format USB flash drive: I have recently purchased a Sandisk Cruzerglide 32gb USB drive for personal use. the first time I used it was to download Windows 10 free to my new PC Sata storage and worked perfectly fine. Since then every time I plug the drive into my Windows 11 HP laptop and tried on the...
  3. Can't format USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't format USB flash drive: I have recently purchased a Sandisk Cruzerglide 32gb USB drive for personal use. the first time I used it was to download Windows 10 free to my new PC Sata storage and worked perfectly fine. Since then every time I plug the drive into my Windows 11 HP laptop and tried on the...
  4. Can't Login on Windows, Asking for a USB flash drive

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't Login on Windows, Asking for a USB flash drive: My laptop is asking for a password when it usually asks for a pin number. There is no way to switch login options and it's saying I need a USB to change the password, etc. I don't have a USB backup or Windows disk. I've tried to reset the computer using...
  5. Can't Login on Windows, Asking for a USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Login on Windows, Asking for a USB flash drive: My laptop is asking for a password when it usually asks for a pin number. There is no way to switch login options and it's saying I need a USB to change the password, etc. I don't have a USB backup or Windows disk. I've tried to reset the computer using...
  6. can't login to recovery usb drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    can't login to recovery usb drive: it types pin in italics https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/cant-login-to-recovery-usb-drive/f2b1ca5b-417b-4ffe-aecd-0226988d60e1
  7. USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB flash drive: Hello, I just purchased a PNY USB flash drive. After connecting it to my PC, I noticed there is 34mb of unallocated space on it. Can anyone explain the reason for this? Please see screen shot below. If I want to allocate this 34mb space and make the USB flash drive have one...
  8. USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Support
    USB flash drive: Hello, I just purchased a PNY USB flash drive. After connecting it to my PC, I noticed there is 34mb of unallocated space on it. Can anyone explain the reason for this? Please see screen shot below. If I want to allocate this 34mb space and make the USB flash drive have one...
  9. usb flash drive

usb flash drive: I am using windows 10. My usb flash drive does not show in disk manage but only intermittently. Often to make matters worse it freezes my mouse when I have the flash drive plugged in. Also it wont let my computer shut down when the flash drive is plugged in. So far I have...
  10. USB flash drive

USB flash drive: usually, when I insert a cd/dvd in my laptop, it usually asks how I want to use it, and gives 2 options: like a USB flash drive or with CD/DVD drive. I just need to see and read what's in it. which option is appropriate?...