Windows 10: can't login or delete mirosoft account

Discus and support can't login or delete mirosoft account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; my home laptop, windows 8.1. I need to install a new VPN on it. my microsoft account on it was created with a login e-mail that is no longer in... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jimhansenArch, Oct 6, 2020.

1. can't login or delete mirosoft account

my home laptop, windows 8.1. I need to install a new VPN on it. my microsoft account on it was created with a login e-mail that is no longer in existence with a password that I don't remember. I created a new account but my computer won't let me switch.

:)

jimhansenArch, Oct 6, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Oct 6, 2020
  3. Removing deleted user account from login screen

Hi Macheal,

Thank you for posting your queries in Microsoft Community.

We are sorry to know that you have issues with the account.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

Are you logging in using a Microsoft account?

If you are using an administrator account, I suggest you to delete the other user accounts once again and check if that helps.

Method 1: I would have you perform the steps-

• Login to your default account.
    • Click on the “Windows logo” and type “User Accounts”.
    • Now, select “Settings” and then select the “User Accounts” icon.
    • Click on “Manage another account” and then select the user account that you want to delete.
    • Click on “delete the account”.
    • Depending on whether you want to “Keep the files” or “delete the files” choose the appropriate option.
    • You can delete the other accounts similarly.

Note: Once deleted, the user accounts cannot be recovered. Make sure you back up any data if required.

Method 2: If the issue persists, create a new user account and check if it helps.

Refer the following link for help.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8

Note the above steps are also valid in Windows 10.

Please contact us for further assistance, we are glad to assist you.

Sudharshan M K, Oct 6, 2020
  4. can't login or delete mirosoft account

Windows 10 - Deleted account appears in login and not able to login

Thanks for the reply Anu...

I am not logged in with the microsoft account so when I click on reset password on the windows login page I see a popup to enter the cd for the password recovery which I don't have it

This is a local windows account that I deleted from the command prompt in my previous login

for reference here are the steps that I followed

• Initially had Windows 7
    • upgraded to Windows 10
    • Didn't like it much as I have to run everything as administrator otherwise the application will not open
    • All my previous work is moved to a different user account which is a master admin and I have to keep trying to access to that folder
    • So I used a RECOVERY option in windows 10 to go back to Windows 7
    • Got a popup requesting to delete the accounts created in Windows 10
    • Using command prompt deleted the user account(local user account and not the Microsoft account.Read somewhere in blogs.(net user and then delete user from cmd prompt))
    • Got the confirmation message in cmd prompt window that the user account has been successfully deleted
    • Restarted my machine and I am surprised to see the login window (the one that is deleted in previous steps)
    • I tried resetting the password but requires password recovery cd which I didn't create after moving to Windows 10

Mohana V R KMutyala, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

can't login or delete mirosoft account

1. can't login or delete mirosoft account - Similar Threads - can't login delete

2. Mirosoft account troubles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mirosoft account troubles: Hello!I changed my email on my microsoft account, and now a couple of unwanted changes happened.-My web browser firefox has changed from using google to bing despite the efforts to change it- Minecraft for Windows 10, allows me to sign in but I cannot play online, access the...
  3. Mirosoft account troubles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mirosoft account troubles: Hello!I changed my email on my microsoft account, and now a couple of unwanted changes happened.-My web browser firefox has changed from using google to bing despite the efforts to change it- Minecraft for Windows 10, allows me to sign in but I cannot play online, access the...
  4. Can't login to local account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login to local account.: Can't login to local account, when try to do so, it shows an error code, We're sorry , But Something Went Wrong. Your Microsoft Account Wasn't changed to local account....
  5. Can't login to account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't login to account: I purchased a new laptop Saturday and have not been able to even open the thing because I can't remember the password. The alternate email address is no longer viable so I have been unable to reset it. I get as far as the phone verification which passed but then it want's...
  6. help mirosoft

in Windows 10 Customization
    help mirosoft: hi l need help with my pc l found out that there is a account that l didnt make when l try to put in my info so l can get rid of it but it cant get rid of it can you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-mirosoft/01c0bb47-6e22-4a97-888d-a9fb92f5f408
  7. mirosoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    mirosoft store: how do i uninstall an application from the microsoft store? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mirosoft-store/b4fa072e-3d8f-4cb0-a47c-cf1058681ded
  8. Can't login to parent account.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't login to parent account.: When I open google chrome it tells me to ask a parent for permission. I know how to fix this, the problem is just that I can't log in to the parent in my family's email. We tried logging in to her email, but no emails showed up. This must mean that it's connected to another...
  9. Mirosoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Mirosoft account: When I login it says that can't be logged into my Microsoft account and I have a temporary Microsoft profile? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mirosoft-account/6b908f04-edc9-440f-ad81-a50ae6291541"
  10. Can't access Mirosoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access Mirosoft Store: I just got a Acer Laptop running windows 10 Home and when I try to get to the store by clicking the icon in the taskbar I get the messge "The server has stumbled. Try again later." When I try to access the store in the same way on another machine running Windows 10 I get...