Windows 10: Can't Login - Password Gets Mangled - Not CAPS Lock

Discus and support Can't Login - Password Gets Mangled - Not CAPS Lock in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi folks! I need a had with an issue I've run into several times now. I've been working around it with System Restore but I'd like to know the real... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mmiller99, Feb 20, 2020.

1. mmiller99 Win User

Can't Login - Password Gets Mangled - Not CAPS Lock

Hi folks!

I need a had with an issue I've run into several times now. I've been working around it with System Restore but I'd like to know the real answer. This is in regards to Windows 10 any version.

I had someone remotely log into my computer with a 3rd party app and whenever I typed something it would not come out right. The letters would not be correct. System restore fixed that but I never knew the real answer.

Today I was over at my Mom's and she had cleaned the screen on the computer and the keyboard, but....it was ON when she did it. Now she can't log-in. I typed in her correct password and then looked at what was typed. It was not the same. Some of the letters were incorrect. Same issue. In her case, system restore is turned off. So I can't use that to work around the issue.

What causes this issue? I checked the language settings and they were correct. It's as if the keyboard has been changed or something. Is there some hotkey combination that changes the keyboard? Please help!

Best & Thanks!

:)

mmiller99, Feb 20, 2020
  2. Roohi_Taj Win User

Unable to take caps off at login screen only

Thank you for your response.

Method 1: Tap on Shift key.

The alternate to Caps Lock key is the Shift
    key which might be causing this issue. In the login page, press and hold the Shift key for 8 seconds and then try to enter the password. This option will turn off the Caps lock key
    behavior.

Method 2: Change the Cap lock key settings.

This behavior can occur when the option Shift key is selected to turn on the Caps lock key. To change these settings, follow the steps given below:

1. Go to Windows Settings.
    2. Click on Devices.
    3. Now, click on the Typing on the left plane.
    4. Scroll down and click on Advance Keyboard Settings in the right pane.
    5. Click on Language bar Options.
    6. Click on Advanced key tab.
    7. Select the option: Press the CAP’s lock.
    8. Click on Apply and Ok. Now, lock the system and try to sign in again.

We await your response.

Regards,

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Feb 20, 2020
  3. Caps Lock is on?

Hello All:

My win10 pro (v1803 Build 17134.112) was designed to have a password to login.

It has been used for long long time.

Today it suddenly can not be logged in. It says:

Caps Lock is on

What is
    Caps Lock? How solve this problem?

Help me!! -- Zhao

HonglinZhao, Feb 20, 2020
  4. David Haz Win User

My caps lock won t turn off

Hi Sally,

For us to isolate the issue about being unable to turn off Caps lock, kindly respond to the questions below:

• If you press the Caps Lock button on your keyboard, does it turn off the Caps Lock?
    • You mentioned that you are using Word, may we know if the issue is within Word only or the issue persists in using another typing application (i.e. Notepad)?

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't Login - Password Gets Mangled - Not CAPS Lock - Similar Threads - Can't Login Password

2. Can't Remove Login Password from Lock Screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Remove Login Password from Lock Screen.: Hi,I recently reset my laptop, and while setting it up, it is asking me to create a PIN. However, I don't want to have any kind of PIN or password on my lock screen. When I initially bought the laptop, there was no PIN on the lock screen. There was simply a sign-in button....
  3. Can't Remove Login Password from Lock Screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Remove Login Password from Lock Screen.: Hi,I recently reset my laptop, and while setting it up, it is asking me to create a PIN. However, I don't want to have any kind of PIN or password on my lock screen. When I initially bought the laptop, there was no PIN on the lock screen. There was simply a sign-in button....
  4. .Cap lock on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    .Cap lock on: After update Cap button doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cap-lock-on/d4d4cd06-71e0-4f34-b031-ef3c9053b168
  5. CAPS LOCK

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CAPS LOCK: HEY GUYS MY CAPS LOCK IS LOCKED AND I CANT TYPE IN LOWERCASE UNLESS I PRESS SHIT AND CAPS LOCK AT THE SAME TIME BUT THEN IM LOCKED IN LOWERCASE. COULD U GUYS HELP ME FIX THIS PLEASEEEE ITS ANNOYING AND I MUST WORK submitted by /u/L9Darkaparition [link] [comments]...
  6. Can't Login - Password Gets Mangled - Not CAPS Lock

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Login - Password Gets Mangled - Not CAPS Lock: Hi folks! I need a had with an issue I've run into several times now. I've been working around it with System Restore but I'd like to know the real answer. I had someone remotely log into my computer with a 3rd party app and whenever I typed something it would not come...
  7. Caps lock

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Caps lock: Hi! My problem is that when i turn my caps lock on some letters are big some aren't , like this: HeLLO! I WaNT tO tALK AbOUT SoMeTHIng. i don't know why is like that and i don't know how to fix it....
  8. CAPS LOCK

CAPS LOCK: CAPSLOCK STUCK ON EVEN WHEN KEY SAYS IT IS DISABLED WHEN IN WORD DOCUMENT Able to use normal small case otherwise so not my key board. Any ideas? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/caps-lock/243a3c52-5759-4e85-ae6a-086683d94bec
  9. Caps lock

Caps lock: My new keyboard does not have an LED to indicate caps lock and nothing on the screen shows the status. How can I get a notification on the screen to show caps lock status? I don't have sound turned on because I don't want to disturb my disabled wife....
  10. CAPS LOCK

CAPS LOCK: 9/12/18 When prompted, the indicator light goes on. But it doesn’t work. In Windows 10, how do I activate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/caps-lock/bf94491d-c07f-468d-834f-158ceb8fc8aa