Windows 10: Can't login to change password in windows?

Discus and support Can't login to change password in windows? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I changed my microsoft email which also changes my login name/email in windows. Now everything seemed to update to my new email on win10 but when I go... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Karizma, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Karizma Win User

Can't login to change password in windows?

I changed my microsoft email which also changes my login name/email in windows. Now everything seemed to update to my new email on win10 but when I go to change password in setting>accounts>sign in options it still shows my old email and says this service isn't working try later when I try to log in with it. Also when I go to forgot password it sends a email to my old email which isn't even on my account anymore.

Just curious does everyone get this error that the change password isn't working or is there a glitch somewhere from changing my email name?

:)

Karizma, Aug 6, 2015

2. Desktop log-in

Hello,

Changing password at login screen is only supported for Microsoft accounts ATM. The local account password can't be changed on login screen. You can change the local account password as suggested by Dave M.

Regards,

Kapil Arya MVP, Aug 6, 2015
  3. C180K Win User
    Password not accepted on live login

I'm unable to login to my PC, my password is not accepted, I'm using Microsoft live login, so I reset my password on line. New password works with all devices, so it's been changed. But still I'm unable to login in to my PC, except by using Safe Mode,
    although my password is the pre changed one. I can't change from live login to local login as option to change is not displayed.

C180K, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

Can't login to change password in windows?

1. Can't login to change password in windows? - Similar Threads - Can't login change

2. I can't change my computer login password.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't change my computer login password.: I'm not sure if this came with the recent update, but when I tried changing my computer password, it directed me to change my Microsoft account password. In sign in options, I clicked on password, and it says underneath "Your account password is all set up to sign in to...
  3. Can't login to Windows - won't accept password, changed password, etc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't login to Windows - won't accept password, changed password, etc: I can't log in to Windows. At all. I was following some instructions, and disabled all Startup items. As instructed. Now, I'm locked out of Windows. It won't recognize the new password. I can't repair. It asks for a password. I can't reset. It asks for a password. I...
  4. login password into windows changed for no reason?

login password into windows changed for no reason?: Hello, i have windows 10 home edition. This morning, i tried to login into my computer windows login to desktop and it said the password was wrong not the pin password. So i proceeded to click on the "forgot password?" link on the login screen and it prompted me to change it...
  5. Can't login in windows with correct password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't login in windows with correct password: Have tried everything, Shift + restart safe mode. Recovery and others ask for admin access , then tried to alow admin access with comand promt which doesn't work! Teling me again "You need to sign in as administrator to continue, but there aren't any administrator accounts...
  6. Unable to change Windows login password.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to change Windows login password.: I am unable to change my current password for administrator account on Windows 10 home ver. 1. I click the start menu button, 2. I click the settings icon button, 3. In the Windows settings window I click the accounts not actually an icon, 4. I cannot find where...
  7. Change of login password in windows 10

Change of login password in windows 10: Hi, I am having trouble changing the login password for my windows 10 PC. I have tried changing it via the 'Change Password' option in Settings but all that does is change the Microsoft Account Password. I need to change the password I use to log in to the PC daily and not...
  8. Windows 10 Login Password Change

Windows 10 Login Password Change: I have changed my email password which i thought would have synced with my windows10 login. How do I get them to be the same? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-login-password-change/e7a8490d-40f3-416b-90d4-8bf88679235c"
  9. windows 10 can't login with password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 can't login with password: windows 10 can't login with password !!!!! And also de shutdown is missing !!!! windows 10 can't login with password !!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-cant-login-with-password/9e5f1ffe-37b7-4a07-b2b9-9290d556c36b
  10. Can't change computer login password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't change computer login password: I want to change the password when I log into the computer on start up. The one where you have to put the password in just to get the computer to even get to the home page. I've change my password in the Microsoft account part but it didn't change the main computer log in....