Windows 10: Cant login to computer following turning off during reset

Discus and support Cant login to computer following turning off during reset in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; So recently I wanted to reset my computer and after noticing that the Installing Windows stage was stuck at 65% I took to the internet for help and it... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by GlenCort, Nov 7, 2018.

1. GlenCort Win User

Cant login to computer following turning off during reset

So recently I wanted to reset my computer and after noticing that the Installing Windows stage was stuck at 65% I took to the internet for help and it was suggested to turn off my computer. Well now that Ive done that its asking me to login and when I enter my email and password (which I know is right) it says Im wrong and so now Im locked out of my computer.

:)

GlenCort, Nov 7, 2018
  2. jeanlucky Win User

So recently Iwanted to reset my computer and after noticing that the Installing Windiws stage was stuck at 59% I took to the internet for help and it was suggested to turn off my compter. Well now that Ive done that its asking me to login

and when I enter my email and password (which I know is right) it says Im wrong and so now Im locked out of my computer.

jeanlucky, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 7, 2018
  4. Cant login to computer following turning off during reset

Turn off auto-login?

To stop the automatic log-in, please follow the
    auto-login to windows steps listed here
    , except when you get to the point to automatically login, check the box instead. That'll turn it off.

If you want to remove the extra account, you can also do that using the same steps (just click the "remove" button).

And finally, if you want to go back to Windows 8.1, get the Windows 8.1 install files

here

PS. You cannot ever delete the account with the actual name of "administrator" or you will ruin your computer.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Cant login to computer following turning off during reset - Similar Threads - Cant login computer

2. Laptop turned off during Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop turned off during Factory Reset: I wanted to reset my laptopDuring the resetting process the laptop ran out of battery and closed downI turned it on and now I have the message 'The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows...
  3. Laptop turned off during Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop turned off during Factory Reset: I wanted to reset my laptopDuring the resetting process the laptop ran out of battery and closed downI turned it on and now I have the message 'The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows...
  4. computer turns off during update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    computer turns off during update: I was trying to download windows 11 preview today and at 50% done it turned off without my touching itive had this before with updates and it allways turns off at 50% done. is there a way to fix this...
  5. Computer reset turning off at 65%.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer reset turning off at 65%.: I decided to reset my computer because its been glitching a lot and its very slow. While the reset was happening it just shuts down. I waited 5 minutes then I turned it back on. It was at 64%. When it went to 65% it just turned off. I turned it back on. It was at 64% again...
  6. OK to turn off computer during update?

OK to turn off computer during update?: Was wondering if it's OK if we turn the computer off during this process? Thanks you! submitted by /u/JoanofArc0531 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lec0z3/ok_to_turn_off_computer_during_update/
  7. Cant turn off windows login screen

Cant turn off windows login screen: Did a fresh install of Win10 the other week, for some reason I am unable to disable the Windows 10 login screen. Before it was as simple as going into netplwiz and disabling it from there. I have tried going into regedit as well and following the methods via that way....
  8. Pc turned off during reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc turned off during reset: I was resetting my pc to sell then The screen froze and about 10 minutes later it turned off and now every time I turn it back on a page comes up saying my pc had an unexpected restart and says press ok to download windows and every time I press ok it does the same thing over...
  9. NEED HELP !!!!! TURNED OFF PC DURING RESET !!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NEED HELP !!!!! TURNED OFF PC DURING RESET !!: I Accidentally turned my pc off during reset. now it is showing your pc need to be repaired, error code 0xc000014c my OS was windows 10 cpu was dell optiplex 3060 mini tower PLEASE HELP ME !!!1 I AM VERY SCARED ABOUT IT I DON'T HAVE ANY IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS IN IT...
  10. HP Laptop Turns off During Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Laptop Turns off During Reset: So I'm trying to reset my PC to it's original state but it keep shutting down on it's own during the reset process. I turn it back on and it tells me its undoing changes. How do I fix this? I want to be able to wipe my laptop but it turns off automatically, despite it being...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to fix a laptop after it switched of during factory resrt