Windows 10: Can’t login to computer with password. Not forgotten password. The one I set up!

Discus and support Can’t login to computer with password. Not forgotten password. The one I set up! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After hours of frustration and absolutely no help from the Microsoft folks, I am returning this junk HP laptop with the junk Microsoft 10 system. It’s... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Done3250, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Done3250 Win User

Can’t login to computer with password. Not forgotten password. The one I set up!

After hours of frustration and absolutely no help from the Microsoft folks, I am returning this junk HP laptop with the junk Microsoft 10 system. It’s plagued with glitches. Waste of time and money! So glad I kept the receipt. Word of advice Microsoft, if your are not willing to hire customer service people yes real people make a bug-free product!

:)

Done3250, Mar 2, 2020

2. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Mar 2, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Mar 2, 2020
  4. Can’t login to computer with password. Not forgotten password. The one I set up!

forgotten user password

Do you use a Microsoft Account to login to your computer? If so, you can reset it online. If not, your options locally are limited to doing things like a factory reset (so your computer is "good as new" and you can pick a new password that you want to
    use).

Here's a listing of all your options to reset a forgotten Windows Password.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

Can’t login to computer with password. Not forgotten password. The one I set up!

1. Can’t login to computer with password. Not forgotten password. The one I set up! - Similar Threads - Can’t login computer

2. Can’t get into computer because of pin error and forgotten password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can’t get into computer because of pin error and forgotten password: I accidentally disabled some windows services and when I restarted the PIN wasn’t working anymore. So I had to use my normal password but I forgot that one. Then I tried to select “forgot password” but then I got the system error: error in stack-bufferI saw some...
  3. Can’t get into computer because of pin error and forgotten password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t get into computer because of pin error and forgotten password: I accidentally disabled some windows services and when I restarted the PIN wasn’t working anymore. So I had to use my normal password but I forgot that one. Then I tried to select “forgot password” but then I got the system error: error in stack-bufferI saw some...
  4. Can’t get into computer because of pin error and forgotten password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Login Issue with password forgotten

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login Issue with password forgotten: I used to login my laptop through PIN instead of password till yesterday. But today when I opened my laptop and tried to login, it asks me to put password instead of PIN and I do not remember the password. I do not see the sign-in option to change the login method from...
  6. Login Issue with password forgotten

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login Issue with password forgotten: I used to login my laptop through PIN instead of password till yesterday. But today when I opened my laptop and tried to login, it asks me to put password instead of PIN and I do not remember the password. I do not see the sign-in option to change the login method from...
  7. recover forgotten password for computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recover forgotten password for computer.: I have forgotten my password to start my computer. is there a "forgot password" or recovery I can use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-forgotten-password-for-computer/8b202f6f-1f51-4cb1-9c71-c4bd64fa4884
  8. Computer Password Forgotten

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer Password Forgotten: I was going to buy a laptop from a coworker who hardly speaks english and he is not computer savvy. Nor am I when it comes to my question. I want to clean the computer and delete the viruses and malware found on it but, It wants a computer owner password. My co-worker...
  9. forgotten login password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    forgotten login password: I am trying to fix my granddaughters windows10 laptop. She has forgotten the password and cannot remember any of the previous passwords which the Microsoft password reset process asks for. Also tried the troubleshooting options including trying to get to the command prompt...
  10. I have forgotten my password for login on my computer!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have forgotten my password for login on my computer!: I have forgotten my password for login on my computer! Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-forgotten-my-password-for-login-on-my/7bc149d4-c9ae-48d3-afd8-47ff266fa6e9"