Windows 10: Can't login to Microsoft Store or Xbox Companion app

Discus and support Can't login to Microsoft Store or Xbox Companion app in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I had my account under and old email I made just for an Xbox 360 account way back when. Today I finally changed it on Microsoft's website updating it... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by BobaVhett66, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Can't login to Microsoft Store or Xbox Companion app

I had my account under and old email I made just for an Xbox 360 account way back when. Today I finally changed it on Microsoft's website updating it to my current email which is now the primary and only email on the account. I can login just fine on my Xbox one X, Microsoft's website and the Xbox website. Everything is working 100% normal. Everything is as it should but now with my actual email attached to the account as I wanted. However, when I try to login to the Microsoft Store or Xbox Companion app on my PC I am given these messages. "We encountered an error. Please try signing in again later." or "It doesn't look like you're connected to the internet. Check your connection and try again." That message also comes with error 0x800704cf. The first message has no error code.

I don't know what to do to get it to let me login to my accounts. I tried looking it up online but no one else seems to have posted this same problem that I can find. And in regards my internet connection my PC is in the middle of doing a dozen other things with an internet connection as the Microsoft Store is telling me I need one so clearly those error messages have no clue what they're talking about. All i'd like to do is login again so I can download and play Halo Wars 2 in anticipation of Halo Infinite.

:)

BobaVhett66, Jul 23, 2020

2. Can't login to Microsoft Store or Xbox Companion app

Edit: just saw it used my gamer-tag. If you respond you can regard me as Matt instead.

I had my account under and old email I made just for an Xbox 360 account way back when. Today I finally changed it on Microsoft's website updating it to my current email which is now the primary and only email on the account. I can login just fine on my
    Xbox one X, Microsoft's website and the Xbox website. Everything is working 100% normal. Everything is as it should but now with my actual email attached to the account as I wanted. However, when I try to login to the Microsoft Store or Xbox Companion app
    on my PC I am given these messages. "We encountered an error. Please try signing in again later." or "It doesn't look like you're connected to the internet. Check your connection and try again." That message also comes with error 0x800704cf. The first message
    has no error code.

I don't know what to do to get it to let me login to my accounts. I tried looking it up online but no one else seems to have posted this same problem that I can find. And in regards my internet connection my PC is in the middle of doing a dozen other things
    with an internet connection as the Microsoft Store is telling me I need one so clearly those error messages have no clue what they're talking about. All i'd like to do is login again so I can download and play Halo Wars 2 in anticipation of Halo Infinite.

BobaVhett66, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Can't Login to Store/Xbox/

Hi Spacegizmo,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you faced. Don’t worry about this issue. We will definitely help you to resolve this issue.

As I understand from your information you are not able login in windows store as well in Xbox.

I would suggest you to run windows apps troubleshooter to resolve windows store issue.

Follow the steps.

• Go to control panel and select troubleshooting then in top left corner of your screen select view all.

• Click on windows store app and click on it and run it.

To resolve Xbox issue I would suggest you to post your query in Xbox forum. We have dedicated team which deals with all these kinds of issues.

Follow the link:

Xbox Support

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thanks.

Preeti Patel, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Can't login to Microsoft Store or Xbox Companion app

Xbox Dev Mode Companion freezes / hangs

Hello MCorgano,

Having a corrupted app file is one of the common reasons why Xbox Dev Mode Companion freezes when using it. To help you resolve this concern, I need to verify the following:

• Have you made any changes on your computer prior to this concern?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox Dev Mode Companion?
    • Are you experiencing this concern with your other app?

In the meantime, I recommend that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Step 2: Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Kindly click the link below to proceed:

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Step 3: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Select This PC.
    5. Click Temporary files.
    6. Choose Temporary files.
    7. Click Remove files.

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Can't login to Microsoft Store or Xbox Companion app

1. Can't login to Microsoft Store or Xbox Companion app - Similar Threads - Can't login Microsoft

2. Can't login to the Xbox app, Minecraft launcher or Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login to the Xbox app, Minecraft launcher or Microsoft store: I have tried a bunch of different solutions like WSreset but to no avail. I have no problem logging into the Xbox website at all but when I try to log in to for example the Xbox app, I choose either my account or another account, and then a brief popup window opens and closes...
  3. Can't login to the Xbox app, Minecraft launcher or Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't login to the Xbox app, Minecraft launcher or Microsoft store: I have tried a bunch of different solutions like WSreset but to no avail. I have no problem logging into the Xbox website at all but when I try to log in to for example the Xbox app, I choose either my account or another account, and then a brief popup window opens and closes...
  4. Can't update windows + xbox console companion app can't log in + microsoft store doesn't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't update windows + xbox console companion app can't log in + microsoft store doesn't...: When trying to update windows I get We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet.I first came across this when my xbox console companion app didn't work. I also...
  5. Can't update windows + xbox console companion app can't log in + microsoft store doesn't...

Can't update windows + xbox console companion app can't log in + microsoft store doesn't...: When trying to update windows I get We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet.I first came across this when my xbox console companion app didn't work. I also...
  6. Can't update windows + xbox console companion app can't log in + microsoft store doesn't...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. None of my Microsoft apps are working, microsoft store, xbox app, xbox companion, microsoft...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    None of my Microsoft apps are working, microsoft store, xbox app, xbox companion, microsoft...: I've been having trouble with logging into my Microsoft apps for a while now and nothing that I try works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/none-of-my-microsoft-apps-are-working-microsoft/6b58c3e0-c41d-4bdd-8f48-ef81567a1ff7
  8. None of my Microsoft apps are working, microsoft store, xbox app, xbox companion, microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    None of my Microsoft apps are working, microsoft store, xbox app, xbox companion, microsoft...: I've been having trouble with logging into my Microsoft apps for a while now and nothing that I try works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/none-of-my-microsoft-apps-are-working-microsoft/6b58c3e0-c41d-4bdd-8f48-ef81567a1ff7
  9. None of my Microsoft apps are working, microsoft store, xbox app, xbox companion, microsoft...

10. Can't Login to Xbox Store App

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't Login to Xbox Store App: I changed my primary email alias and haven't been able to use the Xbox app since. When I login it appears to work but I never actually get logged in. Example here: https://gfycat.com/littleformalguppy . I have uninstalled, reset, repaired, everything I could to the app and...