Windows 10: Can't Login to Microsoft Store

Discus and support Can't Login to Microsoft Store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi all, Using Windows 10 Enterprise version 1803 build 17134.407, fully updated, I can't login to Microsoft Store. The message I always get is,... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by rjperes, Feb 20, 2019.

1. rjperes Win User

Can't Login to Microsoft Store

Hi all,

Using Windows 10 Enterprise version 1803 build 17134.407, fully updated, I can't login to Microsoft Store. The message I always get is, "you'll need the Internet for this", error 0x800704cf.

The account I'm using is obviously valid, not expired, and I am using it all the time. My Internet connectivity is otherwise working perfectly.

My anti-virus program is disabled and I tried pretty much everything I could find on the Internet, including calling System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) and WSReset.exe (which, incidentally, takes more than 10 minutes to finish, silently, without any indication of success or failure). Tried resetting the Microsoft Store also through the UI (Settings - Apps).

This is causing me serious problems. I need to know how can I debug this.

Thanks in advance.

RP

:)

rjperes, Feb 20, 2019

2. can't login to Store app

Hi,

Thank you posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you facing this issue in Local account or the Microsoft account?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    Note: You need a Microsoft account for the Windows Store to download and install and work properly. So you may have logged your system to Microsoft account but you need to login to Microsoft account in the Store also to get full access.

If it not working then try with the below steps and check if helps.

Step 1: Sign out from the current user account and login to Admin account which has a Microsoft account linked
    and check.

Note: Install all the pending updates and check restarting the machine.

If still the issue persists check with next method.

Step 2: Try a Windows store resetting.

1. Press Windows + R key.

2. Type wsreset and hit Enter.

Windows store will reset and start.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 20, 2019
  3. can't login to Store app

When I run 'wsreset' I get the message that 'I need a new app for this'

PeterStrong, Feb 20, 2019
  4. Can't Login to Microsoft Store

Microsoft Login

Hi Gourmage,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to perform Safe Mode with Networking and then try to change the password.

Method 1: Safe mode.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Method 2:
    Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anil Madishetty, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

Can't Login to Microsoft Store

1. Can't Login to Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Can't Login Microsoft

2. login microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    login microsoft store: microsoft store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-microsoft-store/ab86a33f-687a-4cf9-b60c-7a167e284a60
  3. login microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    login microsoft store: microsoft store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-microsoft-store/ab86a33f-687a-4cf9-b60c-7a167e284a60
  4. login microsoft store

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can't login to Windows 10 and Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't login to Windows 10 and Microsoft Store: When I try to login in my windows 10, A grey screen comes after pressing Sign In button and Microsoft Account application closes after 20-30 sec. I have asked so much people and tried so much things but still not working. Please fix it.....
  6. Microsoft Store Login

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Login: Hello for some reason I cannot log in to the Microsoft Store app. I can open it however clicking on the sign-in button does nothing and clicking on the ADD SCHOOL OR WORK ACCOUNT button closes the store....
  7. I can't Login to the Microsoft Store from Microsoft Hololens

I can't Login to the Microsoft Store from Microsoft Hololens: I can't login to Microsoft Store from HoloLens. I've heard that I need to set the date and time automatically, but when I set the time zone automatically in Korea, it appears in the US time zone. Also, when I change to Korea, the automatic setting is turned off. Is this...
  8. Can't login to Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't login to Microsoft Store: Hello Reddit, Whenever I click "Log In" in the Microsoft Store it opens an "Lets get you signed in" pop-up, I click "Continue" and the pop-up closes by itself. Every time again. I have read multiple articles about this but nothing seems to help Please help ne resolve this...
  9. Can't login to Microsoft Store

Can't login to Microsoft Store: Last week my hard drive died, so I had to start from scratch. I just recently started gaming on Xbox and decided to download Gears 5 on PC through the Windows Store. After getting my new hard drive and setting stuff back up, the one thing I can't do is log back into the...
  10. Can't login into Microsoft Store

Can't login into Microsoft Store: Ok so, when I go into the store and I try to download something like anything the sing in window pops up for like 1 millisecond and then it disappears so this prevents me from loging into my account. Is there any way to fix this?? If there is please get to me Microsoft Team....