Windows 10: Can't login to MS Account because nothing happens after clicking

Discus and support Can't login to MS Account because nothing happens after clicking in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I had the same problem after upgrading from Windows7. I managed to solve the problem by adding a new user account manually with cmd. Run cmd as... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by FROST, Jul 29, 2015.

1. FROST Win User

Can't login to MS Account because nothing happens after clicking

I tried this and created a new account but still the same problem occurs. Nothing happens when I click sign in.

FROST, Aug 8, 2015
  2. FROST Win User

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!!!
    I finally have logged into my microsoft account. Hope this method works for everybody else too.
    First I updated my computer with the latest windows update and the computer restarted but nothing seemed solved.
    Then
    I again went to my Settings and went to Update and Security.
    Then I clicked on Advanced Options and Clicked on the option under Get Insider Builds.
    This asked me for my microsoft account and password and actually worked.
    And it also solved the same problem happening with Windows Store.
    Hope it works for everyone else. Windows 10 looks and works amazing now and I finally got to use cortana.
    *Biggrin

FROST, Aug 8, 2015
  3. Paerrin Win User
    I was hoping this would work, but I get a window that says: "Your trial period for this app has expired."

Still having the same issue with all the other methods of logging in. Have not tried creating a new account yet and don't particularly want to.

*EDIT: So I bit the bullet and created the new user using the method described earlier in the post and the login screen does appear. I still would like my original local account to link though.

*EDIT 2: So after linking the new account and switching back to my original account, the window appears! I deleted the new account and was still able to link my original local account to my Microsoft account.

Paerrin, Aug 11, 2015
  4. HoreaM Win User

How did you manage to update if you were stuck at the login screen?

HoreaM, Aug 11, 2015
  5. kanwah Win User
    Thank you so much!! It works for me.

kanwah, Aug 14, 2015
  6. dibanno Win User
    I was hoping this would work for me too but it didn't. How did you link the new account and switch back to the old account? Thank you!

dibanno, Sep 4, 2015
  7. Ganeev Win User

Ganeev, Sep 17, 2015
  8. Can't login to MS Account because nothing happens after clicking

I already tried this method.It worked!

1. Start -> Windows PowerShell
    2. Right click on "Windows PowerShell" and select Run as Administrator
    3. Execute the following command exactly as written except where <STAR> replace with * as YouTube Text Box converts text between the * as bold text:
    Get-AppXPackage <STAR>xbox<STAR> -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope this all helps.

Iman Nur Anaqi, Oct 30, 2015
  9. kevin34ct Win User
    I'm not sure if anyone checked, but I had this problem while setting up my son's new laptop. My time and date were wrong and the windows time server was unreachable for some reason. I set the time and date manually and that fixed my problem. I also switched to using the alternate time server. I was able to log into Microsoft Account, log into One Drive, and use the Windows Store. This also fixed issues with certification errors in Edge/Internet Explorer and allowed windows to install updates.

kevin34ct, Dec 25, 2015
  10. Thank you so much!! It works for me.

dinhvannhan, Jan 1, 2016
    dinhvannhan, Jan 1, 2016
  12. Alicia J Win User
    So every time you go to the store you have to do this?

Alicia J, Jan 14, 2016
  13. MikeDrusH Win User

Hello,
    I tried all solution above and nothing works. I finally find the SIMPLE solution.
    In searchbox, type netplwiz. Choose the option add and the Microsoft account windows will appear. Type your email adress.
    After, you have to set this account as admin and transfert data from your local account.
    Hope it will helps

MikeDrusH, Feb 2, 2016
  14. Alicia J Win User
    I did a clean install of Windows 10 and that fixed it.

Alicia J, Feb 2, 2016
  15. lern2spel Win User
    I registered and created an account just to say thank you. I too saw that the clocks were wrong and I knew somewhere the Microsoft servers weren't syncing. I set it to the alternate time server and everything synced up! Now I can log into my Microsoft account and the Microsoft Store and all that. If I could tip you I would.

lern2spel, Feb 9, 2016
Thema:

1. Can't login to MS Account because nothing happens after clicking - Similar Threads - Can't login Account

2. Can't click any icons in Windows. Nothing happens.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't click any icons in Windows. Nothing happens.: I can log into Windows 10 and it all looks fine but none of the icons respond. Not even shut down. This happened on Thursday then it suddenly was OK yesterday morning after around a dozen reboots. But then the problem came back yesterday afternoon....
  3. Can't click any icons in Windows. Nothing happens.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't click any icons in Windows. Nothing happens.: I can log into Windows 10 and it all looks fine but none of the icons respond. Not even shut down. This happened on Thursday then it suddenly was OK yesterday morning after around a dozen reboots. But then the problem came back yesterday afternoon....
  4. Can't click any icons in Windows. Nothing happens.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why clicking on the calendar nothing's happening?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why clicking on the calendar nothing's happening?: Even if I click hundreds times on the calendar on the lower corner of my MSI Flip evo nothing is happening how to solve this issue? And it's not even the one, as I can't access on the windows defender saying the admin didn't give me the right.But I'm the only one admin?Please...
  6. Can't download apps, nothing happened after click "Get"

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't download apps, nothing happened after click "Get": After I click the "Get" button on the app page, nothing happened on Edge, Chrome, Opera. I done the trouble shooting by windows/setting/update-securiy/troubleshoot/widows-store-apps,, it shows no error. On the app store, I tired signout my account, but still the same ,...
  7. Netflix after click install button nothing happens

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Netflix after click install button nothing happens: Netflix after click install button nothing happens Ukraine version of store Any other apps installs as expected. Win 10 updated and rebooted after. What i have already tried: 1 Reset app 2 Run Troubleshooting 3 Clear cache via WIN+R->wsreset.exe 4 Sign out / Sign in...
  8. Double clicked the .txt nothing happened

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Double clicked the .txt nothing happened: System version is win10 pro 2004 english customer edition, just upgraded from 1909, not using insider program, nothing happennot even a "not responding" popup both clicking .txt file and notepad.exe, tried this method, still couldnt fix it. How do i diagnostic or fix it? btw...
  9. Nothing happens after clicking an account to Get started in Windows Insider Program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Nothing happens after clicking an account to Get started in Windows Insider Program: I've seen some similar -and closed- questions about this but no one has a valid solution for me. Can't activate the windows insider program. After I click on "Get started" button, pick an account to get started clicking on the "+" button Link an account, I select my account...
  10. Nothing happens after clicking the “Activate by phone” icon

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Nothing happens after clicking the “Activate by phone” icon: Why does nothing happen when I click the Activate by phone icon in Windows 10? If I go to Settings > Update & Security > Activation and then click on the link toActivate by phone, nothing happens. Also, if I try to activate Windows 10 by opening a command prompt and...