Windows 10: Can't login to MS Account because nothing happens after clicking

Discus and support Can't login to MS Account because nothing happens after clicking in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Cant do this because you cant login MS acc. I hv the same problem as all of you here. How can this possible? How this can be solved?[/QUOTE I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by FROST, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Can't login to MS Account because nothing happens after clicking

bschandra1, Feb 22, 2016
  2. MAdil Win User

i just updated from windows 7. i am able to use browsers, but when i try to open cortana or calendar or store, where i need to enter account, i am not able to proceed, as it says u dont have an internet connection.

MAdil, Mar 24, 2016
  3. Divalish Win User
    Greetings everyone!

I am having a similar issue. This is the story all about how my life got flipped, turned upside-down:

I upgraded to Windows 10 which deactivated Windows Defender.
    I contracted viruses/malware/IT bubonic plague
    I used Malwarebytes, ADWCleaner and Hitman Pro to remove malware.
    I restarted computer after Hitman Pro cleanup.
    My login won't work and I have no wifi!!!

So I can't get to the command prompt, I don't have access to search bars or anything else. At times, the laptop will restart interminably.

Please HELP!! I have exams and projects due and I'm dead in the water right now!

Any assistance will be vastly appreciated!

Thanks all!!

Divalish, Mar 30, 2016
  4. alphajoe Win User

Can't login to MS Account because nothing happens after clicking

Is there a typo in this? I can't get the net share command to work. concfg is not a valid option

alphajoe, Apr 6, 2016
  5. rddennis Win User
    Did you have this issue in Windows 10?
    You're logged in under a local account and you go into Settings and click "Sign in with a Microsoft Account instead." A box flashes, but nothing else happens. You aren't able to sign in. You spend hours/days trying to figure out, and you can't get through to Windows Support (this was my situation all weekend). Here's what you should do:
    - Type User Accounts in your search bar and select "Change User Account Control Settings"
    - Check your settings---if the lowest option is selected, this is your problem! Change your option to the Windows recommended option (in bold). It should be one option below "Always Notify."
    - Restart your computer. Upon restart, you should see that Cortana is working. But if she's not, select the Windows store icon in your taskbar.
    - Click the Sign in option.
    - Sign in and answer that you'd like to use your Microsoft Account to access the computer.
    - (Optional) Sign out to make sure changes have saved.
    - (Optional) Sign back in and all should work (see notes below if you have problems with Cortana).

This worked for me and it took me over a day (THIRTY FREAKING HOURS) to figure it out because Windows Support never called for my appointment and a L1 Tech couldn't figure it out. Hope it works for you, too.

If, after your change, you're having problems with Cortana because you’re unable to enable location access (meaning it’s grayed out, preventing you from enabling it), see below.

Follow the steps below:
    - type "msconfig" in your search bar, right click System Configuration and select "Pin to Taskbar." (trust me, this will help for the next step).
    - Restart your computer in Safe Mode (in Windows 10, to start your computer in Safe Mode, hold the shift button when you select "Restart" then select Troubleshooting -> Advanced Options -> Startup Settings -> Restart -> Option 4: Boot in Safe Mode
    - Once your computer has started in Safe Mode, select System Configuration from your taskbar.
    - Under General, select “Normal Startup” then click “Apply” and “OK.”
    - Restart your computer and all will work!

rddennis, Apr 16, 2016
  6. KingHarry Win User
    Fixed it!!!
    Lots of people having this problem. I did the same as many, Got a new PC. skipped logging in with MS account and then found I could not login to store. Having tried various options, I found the following worked for me.

Press Start button and select Settings
    Select Accounts
    Select Family and other users
    There was an option in there to sign in with MS account. (Sorry I cannot be more precise, but now I have logged in this screen has changed)
    Enter your MS account & password
    You will then be prompted for the password of the local account that you created when you first logged into the PC.
    And that should work. It did for me. Very annoying little problem.

KingHarry, May 23, 2016
  7. This did not work for me as I simply was presented a blank page under Update and Security

GiJoeSchmoe, Jun 2, 2016
  8. Can't login to MS Account because nothing happens after clicking

GiJoeSchmoe, Jun 2, 2016
  9. informatic21, Jun 19, 2016
  10. wolfling Win User
    I just ran Xbox... it brought up the login prompt.

wolfling, Jun 20, 2016
  11. bpodnar Win User
    Hi! I have a problem with signing in to my account on Win 10 pro. Login button is grayed out and non-responsive and functions on lower right corner are also grayed. I dont use login password or anything. Always clicked on sign in button under my username and went in. I tried to pull out the battery and left my laptop to settle for a while but no luck. I have legal copy of windows 10 pro. How to fix that without reinstalling windows?

bpodnar, Jul 24, 2016
  12. This worked for me: hit the power button in the lower right, hold in shift and click restart it will bring you to the recovery/troubleshoot screen and from there you can recover or reset computer. It's a headache. Stupid Windows 10.

Matrixunloaded, Aug 8, 2016
  13. horosh Win User

Thank u

horosh, Nov 17, 2016
  14. bra10n Win User
    Allow me to share my experiences from last evening. After a minor issue with some unwanted crap being removed with MBAM and then some remaining issues with Edge not reaching my favourite websites I decided to do a clean install on my laptop. I also picked up a Lumia 950XL yesterday so it seemed appropriate I could set both up at the same time. Well...

Regardless of whether it was the phone or the laptop I just couldn't sign in to my MS account. On the laptop, I used a fresh ISO via media creation tool and that failed to connect to my account even during setup. Just an error. Retry failed and I skipped. So with a pristine O/S installed on 2 devices all I got was "Just a moment" and then white screens.

I tried to sign into my account online and found Edge on both devices unable to even display any page from Microsoft. For all intents it was an outage... Everywhere else on the net was fine so connectivity was not the issue. Hour after hour nothing but white sign-in boxes and white websites in Edge. I was able to update both devices though without any issue.

This morning for some unknown reason all is well again. Blazingly fast without any problems. If it was an outage is there some way to tell? I'd really like to know just what was going on last night...

bra10n, Nov 29, 2016
  15. Worked perfect. Thank you!

shortsteven, Jan 6, 2017
Thema:

1. Can't login to MS Account because nothing happens after clicking - Similar Threads - Can't login Account

2. Can't click any icons in Windows. Nothing happens.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't click any icons in Windows. Nothing happens.: I can log into Windows 10 and it all looks fine but none of the icons respond. Not even shut down. This happened on Thursday then it suddenly was OK yesterday morning after around a dozen reboots. But then the problem came back yesterday afternoon....
  3. Can't click any icons in Windows. Nothing happens.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't click any icons in Windows. Nothing happens.: I can log into Windows 10 and it all looks fine but none of the icons respond. Not even shut down. This happened on Thursday then it suddenly was OK yesterday morning after around a dozen reboots. But then the problem came back yesterday afternoon....
  4. Can't click any icons in Windows. Nothing happens.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why clicking on the calendar nothing's happening?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why clicking on the calendar nothing's happening?: Even if I click hundreds times on the calendar on the lower corner of my MSI Flip evo nothing is happening how to solve this issue? And it's not even the one, as I can't access on the windows defender saying the admin didn't give me the right.But I'm the only one admin?Please...
  6. Can't download apps, nothing happened after click "Get"

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't download apps, nothing happened after click "Get": After I click the "Get" button on the app page, nothing happened on Edge, Chrome, Opera. I done the trouble shooting by windows/setting/update-securiy/troubleshoot/widows-store-apps,, it shows no error. On the app store, I tired signout my account, but still the same ,...
  7. Netflix after click install button nothing happens

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Netflix after click install button nothing happens: Netflix after click install button nothing happens Ukraine version of store Any other apps installs as expected. Win 10 updated and rebooted after. What i have already tried: 1 Reset app 2 Run Troubleshooting 3 Clear cache via WIN+R->wsreset.exe 4 Sign out / Sign in...
  8. Double clicked the .txt nothing happened

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Double clicked the .txt nothing happened: System version is win10 pro 2004 english customer edition, just upgraded from 1909, not using insider program, nothing happennot even a "not responding" popup both clicking .txt file and notepad.exe, tried this method, still couldnt fix it. How do i diagnostic or fix it? btw...
  9. Nothing happens after clicking an account to Get started in Windows Insider Program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Nothing happens after clicking an account to Get started in Windows Insider Program: I've seen some similar -and closed- questions about this but no one has a valid solution for me. Can't activate the windows insider program. After I click on "Get started" button, pick an account to get started clicking on the "+" button Link an account, I select my account...
  10. Nothing happens after clicking the “Activate by phone” icon

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Nothing happens after clicking the “Activate by phone” icon: Why does nothing happen when I click the Activate by phone icon in Windows 10? If I go to Settings > Update & Security > Activation and then click on the link toActivate by phone, nothing happens. Also, if I try to activate Windows 10 by opening a command prompt and...