Windows 10: Can't login to MS Account because nothing happens after clicking

Discus and support Can't login to MS Account because nothing happens after clicking in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I already tried this method.It worked! 1. Start -> Windows PowerShell 2. Right click on "Windows PowerShell" and select Run as Administrator 3.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by FROST, Jul 29, 2015.

1. jplynch9 Win User

Can't login to MS Account because nothing happens after clicking

Thank you.
    I have been trying for days, searching and searching, most so-called"solutions" required registry edits which did not work since apparently it was the development mode that was actually blocking access to the windows live account login.

This worked other than I had to remove the <Star>xbox<star> completely since I have nothing installed for xbox. However, the rest of that command line worked just fine for me.

Thank you again. Such an absolute PROFESSIONAL answer!

jplynch9, Feb 11, 2017
  2. dahamsta Win User

The above worked for me too, after trying a hell of a lot of other things. It appears to reset all Windows Store apps back to their installation state, reinstalling any you may have uninstalled, and resetting installed ones.

Some of the reinstalled apps can't be uninstalled via Apps & Features, so I'm guessing that I uninstalled some apps manually that are needed for Windows Account logins.

Thanks OP. Here's the command line I ran, as above without the xbox reference.

Code: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}[/quote]

dahamsta, Feb 22, 2017
  3. [/quote] Registered only to tell you this solution worked to me! Thanks.

h1ghland3r, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't login to MS Account because nothing happens after clicking

1. Can't login to MS Account because nothing happens after clicking - Similar Threads - Can't login Account

2. Can't click any icons in Windows. Nothing happens.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't click any icons in Windows. Nothing happens.: I can log into Windows 10 and it all looks fine but none of the icons respond. Not even shut down. This happened on Thursday then it suddenly was OK yesterday morning after around a dozen reboots. But then the problem came back yesterday afternoon....
  3. Can't click any icons in Windows. Nothing happens.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't click any icons in Windows. Nothing happens.: I can log into Windows 10 and it all looks fine but none of the icons respond. Not even shut down. This happened on Thursday then it suddenly was OK yesterday morning after around a dozen reboots. But then the problem came back yesterday afternoon....
  4. Can't click any icons in Windows. Nothing happens.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why clicking on the calendar nothing's happening?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why clicking on the calendar nothing's happening?: Even if I click hundreds times on the calendar on the lower corner of my MSI Flip evo nothing is happening how to solve this issue? And it's not even the one, as I can't access on the windows defender saying the admin didn't give me the right.But I'm the only one admin?Please...
  6. Can't download apps, nothing happened after click "Get"

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't download apps, nothing happened after click "Get": After I click the "Get" button on the app page, nothing happened on Edge, Chrome, Opera. I done the trouble shooting by windows/setting/update-securiy/troubleshoot/widows-store-apps,, it shows no error. On the app store, I tired signout my account, but still the same ,...
  7. Netflix after click install button nothing happens

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Netflix after click install button nothing happens: Netflix after click install button nothing happens Ukraine version of store Any other apps installs as expected. Win 10 updated and rebooted after. What i have already tried: 1 Reset app 2 Run Troubleshooting 3 Clear cache via WIN+R->wsreset.exe 4 Sign out / Sign in...
  8. Double clicked the .txt nothing happened

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Double clicked the .txt nothing happened: System version is win10 pro 2004 english customer edition, just upgraded from 1909, not using insider program, nothing happennot even a "not responding" popup both clicking .txt file and notepad.exe, tried this method, still couldnt fix it. How do i diagnostic or fix it? btw...
  9. Nothing happens after clicking an account to Get started in Windows Insider Program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Nothing happens after clicking an account to Get started in Windows Insider Program: I've seen some similar -and closed- questions about this but no one has a valid solution for me. Can't activate the windows insider program. After I click on "Get started" button, pick an account to get started clicking on the "+" button Link an account, I select my account...
  10. Nothing happens after clicking the “Activate by phone” icon

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Nothing happens after clicking the “Activate by phone” icon: Why does nothing happen when I click the Activate by phone icon in Windows 10? If I go to Settings > Update & Security > Activation and then click on the link toActivate by phone, nothing happens. Also, if I try to activate Windows 10 by opening a command prompt and...