Windows 10: Can't login to MS account on different devices/networks/apps

Discus and support Can't login to MS account on different devices/networks/apps in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; (I'm writing this post using alternative account) Hello, yesterday I bought new laptop with installed, but not activated W10. When I first fired it... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by TaurusTheBlack, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Can't login to MS account on different devices/networks/apps

(I'm writing this post using alternative account)

Hello,

yesterday I bought new laptop with installed, but not activated W10. When I first fired it up I went straight to account settings to switch from local account to MS one. When I entered my email and then pass and accepted it, the login popup dissapeared and nothing happened, there still was local account there. I decided to activate Windows and try again but to no avail. It still didn't log in.

Tried to restore system to default settings and during the setup phase when I was asked to login to my account I received OOBEIDPS error. After few tries I created local account again and when Windows was up and running I tried few tricks I read about while searching for that error solution. Tried changing WiFi to cable and mobile network but it would act the same. Then I tried logging in using Skype, Store or web browser but still the same - dissapearing login popup (apps) or getting back to first login step - entering email address (web).

I then created USB installation tool for W10 and tried that. Still no success.

Tried to login on other devices (mobile + my previous laptop), but it appeared the problem is not device issue. Logging to my wife's account caused no such issue.

Then, I tried to reset the password for my account, and it let me, so I did it. That led to logging me out of MS services on my mobile and old laptop (but I am still able to login to Windows on old laptop with new password).

Tried to get help from MS Twitter support, but they suggested me to create new account (and dump my over 8 years old account which I use for Office, OneDrive, Xbox etc. and purchased much content with). When I replied that's not going to happen I was told to wait 24-48h so maybe it will solve itself.

I have no idea what to do to fix my account.

Here are the symptoms of my problem:

Logging to web services:

- after accepting pass it goes back to 1st login screen (email/phone/skype)

- same happens with wrong pass entered

Logging to apps:

- login popup dissapears and nothing happens (skype, store, system settings while switching from local account)

- message about error 0x8004de80 (trying to log in to OneDrive on old laptop)

Logging to mobile office:

- showing "Fetching files' and closes app even though I have corporate account as second there

Logging to outlook.com, this message:

:-(
    Something went wrong
    Please try to sign in using the correct URL:

Outlook.com: https://outlook.live.com/owa/
    Outlook on the web: https://outlook.office365.com/owa/

MSSPError=-805313372.
    X-ClientId: F10F9F680C7E421A8C5E09A6D96B9E71
    request-id 2c99c6d8-5a1f-4169-a45c-80664568a483
    X-Auth-Error Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Security.MSSPErrorException
    X-OWA-Version 15.20.2073.14
    X-FEServer DB7PR03CA0096
    X-BEServer DB8PR08MB5241
    Date:14.07.2019 03:59:14

What works:

- logging to Win10 on my old laptop

- logging to Xbox One

- I was not logged out of Xbox app on Android

Any ideas what to do?

:)

TaurusTheBlack, Jul 16, 2019

2. Can't login to MS account on different devices/networks/apps

(I'm writing this post using alternative account)

Hello,

yesterday I bought new laptop with installed, but not activated W10. When I first fired it up I went straight to account settings to switch from local account to MS one. When I entered my email and then pass and accepted it, the login popup dissapeared and
    nothing happened, there still was local account there. I decided to activate Windows and try again but to no avail. It still didn't log in.

Tried to restore system to default settings and during the setup phase when I was asked to login to my account I received OOBEIDPS error. After few tries I created local account again and when Windows was up and running I tried few tricks I read about while
    searching for that error solution. Tried changing WiFi to cable and mobile network but it would act the same. Then I tried logging in using Skype, Store or web browser but still the same - dissapearing login popup (apps) or getting back to first login step
    - entering email address (web).

I then created USB installation tool for W10 and tried that. Still no success.

Tried to login on other devices (mobile + my previous laptop), but it appeared the problem is not device issue. Logging to my wife's account caused no such issue.

Then, I tried to reset the password for my account, and it let me, so I did it. That led to logging me out of MS services on my mobile and old laptop (but I am still able to login to Windows on old laptop with new password).

Tried to get help from MS Twitter support, but they suggested me to create new account (and dump my over 8 years old account which I use for Office, OneDrive, Xbox etc. and purchased much content with). When I replied that's not going to happen I was told
    to wait 24-48h so maybe it will solve itself.

I have no idea what to do to fix my account.

Here are the symptoms of my problem:

Logging to web services:

- after accepting pass it goes back to 1st login screen (email/phone/skype)

- same happens with wrong pass entered

Logging to apps:

- login popup dissapears and nothing happens (skype, store, system settings while switching from local account)

- message about error 0x8004de80 (trying to log in to OneDrive on old laptop)

Logging to mobile office:

- showing "Fetching files' and closes app even though I have corporate account as second there

Logging to outlook.com, this message:

:-(

Something went wrong

Please try to sign in using the correct URL:

Outlook.com: https://outlook.live.com/owa/

Outlook on the web: https://outlook.office365.com/owa/

MSSPError=-805313372.

X-ClientId: F10F9F680C7E421A8C5E09A6D96B9E71

request-id 2c99c6d8-5a1f-4169-a45c-80664568a483

X-Auth-Error Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Security.MSSPErrorException

X-OWA-Version 15.20.2073.14

X-FEServer DB7PR03CA0096

X-BEServer DB8PR08MB5241

Date:14.07.2019 03:59:14

What works:

- logging to Win10 on my old laptop

- logging to Xbox One

- I was not logged out of Xbox app on Android

Any ideas what to do?

TaurusTheBlack, Jul 17, 2019
  3. Login not accepted for my MS Account

Let me explain, again, what I have experienced:

• I use my MS account to unlock this computer. No problem doing that
    • I attempted to use other apps requiring the MS login, like Outlook, or even this forum, and it would not accept the very same credentials I used to unlock the computer
    • I used my wife's MS account to login to this forum so that I could seek help
    • I have tried resetting my MS account twice, and that did not work either.
    I would appreciate suggestions OTHER than wha I have already tried

SonoRimaggio, Jul 17, 2019
  4. Can't login to MS account on different devices/networks/apps

Devices list under MS account

Hello

I have a desktop PC plus an XBOX one. Both signed into my MS account. Until today (well that's when I first noticed) both the PC and the XBOX one are listed under 'My Devices' when I login to the account.microsoft.com

However now the XBOX one listing is missing. And it won't seem to re-appear. I tried checking for other devices and nothing picks up. I logged out of MS account and then back in on the XBOX one and still no joy. Any ideas why this might be occurring? I ended up manually registering the device and adding the serial number. Which after a while made it appear under 'my devices'. Although it still doesn't appear under 'Devices with apps and games that you downloaded from the Store', I can only see my PC still.

this is strange behaviour!

Scottyboy99, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

Can't login to MS account on different devices/networks/apps

1. Can't login to MS account on different devices/networks/apps - Similar Threads - Can't login account

2. Remote Login from different network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Login from different network: Hello! If I install Win 11 PRO on a laptop at work and enable Remote Login, can I take my other laptop home win 11 home and remote in to my laptop at work? The laptops will be on different networks. I thought I read somewhere that they have to be on the same network but I'm...
  3. Remote Login from different network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Login from different network: Hello! If I install Win 11 PRO on a laptop at work and enable Remote Login, can I take my other laptop home win 11 home and remote in to my laptop at work? The laptops will be on different networks. I thought I read somewhere that they have to be on the same network but I'm...
  4. Can't RDP to computer account that uses MS login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't RDP to computer account that uses MS login: Here's the problem. Some of my windows machines have both local accounts and MS accounts. Machine A, for example, has Administrator is a local account while the account name "UserName" uses a Microsoft login.When I'm using Machine B and want to RDP to Machine A as...
  5. Can't RDP to computer account that uses MS login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't RDP to computer account that uses MS login: Here's the problem. Some of my windows machines have both local accounts and MS accounts. Machine A, for example, has Administrator is a local account while the account name "UserName" uses a Microsoft login.When I'm using Machine B and want to RDP to Machine A as...
  6. Can't Login to Surface After MS Update - Blank MS Account Popup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Login to Surface After MS Update - Blank MS Account Popup: I had a Microsoft update run a couple days ago and I am no longer able to log in to my Surface Pro 3. Prior to the update I used a local password to login, but when I brought my computer back up after the update it now has the 'Sign in' link to sign in via my Microsoft...
  7. Error device offline at login but can't select a network

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error device offline at login but can't select a network: My pc crashed and after the pc repair scan It managed to get to the Microsoft windows login screen. After entering my password it said device offline. The Internet icon at the bottom right won't show me options to connect, not even with a network cable. I've done safe mode...
  8. Ms account login problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Ms account login problem: Can not login to mircosoft account because win 10 wants my password for my local account. All I have is my pin number. 137346
  9. Should MS account and Community login have different passwords?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Should MS account and Community login have different passwords?: Also, is it possible to delete a Community logon and profile, removing all traces? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-ms-account-and-community-login-have/2e7a49fa-b382-40c1-919a-4396fee4b47a"
  10. MS Account Login Problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    MS Account Login Problem: So I recently changed the alias for my MS account, was also able to figure out how to change the email address when logged into Windows. I had problems starting windows today, so I did a startup repair. When I got to the login screen it is now using my old MS account email....