Windows 10: Can't login to my account with my Pin

Discus and support Can't login to my account with my Pin in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since I reset my computer the next message shows up "you can't sign in with this account. try a different account" every time I try to login with my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Daniel L C., Jan 6, 2020.

1. Can't login to my account with my Pin

Since I reset my computer the next message shows up "you can't sign in with this account. try a different account" every time I try to login with my pin.

I tried restarting in safe mode but it asks for my password which unfortunately I don't remember since I set up when I bought the computer 2 years ago, and it seems it's not the same as the Microsoft password since it's a local password.

Another problem is I can't select any other option when troubleshooting because it says I'm not the administrator of my own PC?? This is driving me crazy!! Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

:)

Daniel L C., Jan 6, 2020

2. OSK PIN login on non-touch device

Hello,

I suggest you to create a PIN for your device and try the on screen keyboard to login to the same.

You may follow the steps below to create PIN protection for your device.

• Go to Settings and select account.

• Click on sign in option and Go to PIN option.

• Now click on Add and set PIN for login.

You can use the same PIN to login to your device using the on screen Keyboard from ease of access option and verify the result.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 6, 2020
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Can't login to my account with my Pin

Unable to login using The login PIN

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the pin and check fi it helps.

• In the login page next to “PIN password option”.
    • You will find “Other sign in options”, click on it will prompt you for regular password.
    • Enter regular password and login to the computer.
    • I suggest you to click on the Start Menu
      and select settings.
    • Now select Accounts.
    • Next select the tab Sign-in option.
    • Under the “PIN tab” click on “ADD” option.
    • It will prompt you for current pin password and new password, please provide
      new password then apply the changes, restart
      the computer and check if it works.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

Can't login to my account with my Pin

1. Can't login to my account with my Pin - Similar Threads - Can't login account

2. Can't login to account with PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login to account with PIN: Hi, I have a problem with my laptop, so I when to my laptop to do video editing when suddenly I put the correct PIN code to the login screen and it said it was wrong, only for a time. I tried restarting the laptop and reinsert the PIN, but it wouldn't work, I tried using "I...
  3. Can't login to account with PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't login to account with PIN: Hi, I have a problem with my laptop, so I when to my laptop to do video editing when suddenly I put the correct PIN code to the login screen and it said it was wrong, only for a time. I tried restarting the laptop and reinsert the PIN, but it wouldn't work, I tried using "I...
  4. It seems I can't change my Account login PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It seems I can't change my Account login PIN: HelloSo my current Windows and Microsoft user is a personal account this one. I also got two more accounts but no users, just accounts for Office from two different universities. It seems to me that Windows is expecting those not personal accounts but I'm using my personal...
  5. It seems I can't change my Account login PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    It seems I can't change my Account login PIN: HelloSo my current Windows and Microsoft user is a personal account this one. I also got two more accounts but no users, just accounts for Office from two different universities. It seems to me that Windows is expecting those not personal accounts but I'm using my personal...
  6. It seems I can't change my Account login PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Can't login to my account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't login to my account: I have a microsoft account with a PIN, when I opened my PC after latest update KB5005033 this message showed up "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again." with "Set up my PIN" button under the text when I click on the button it asks for...
  8. Can't login to my account without PIN, can't change PIN without PIN, don't know PIN.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't login to my account without PIN, can't change PIN without PIN, don't know PIN.: The problem began because my OneNote was logged out of one of my microsoft accounts - the account associated with my Windows laptop. To log back in, it demands either my fingerprint reader, which stopped working, or my PIN, which I can't remember. I can't change my pin from...
  9. Can't login into my account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't login into my account: Guys I have recently bought Forza Horizon 4 and after I tried to sign in into my account I get this Error message 0x80070781 the name of the file cannot be resolved by the system I have updated my windows to the last version and still not working for me what should I do...
  10. Pin not working and I can't login my account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pin not working and I can't login my account.: I opened my laptop and it says that my pin is no longer working. I have tried signing in with other option but my password isn't working. I have tried entering my microsoft account password but still no luck. (Not even sure wether i am using my microsoft account on this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows you cant sign in with this account try a different account

2. windows 10 you cant sign in with this account try a different account

3. windows you can’t sign in with this account