Windows 10: Can't login to my own Laptop with my Microsoft account

Discus and support Can't login to my own Laptop with my Microsoft account in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This has started on Sunday the 11th of October. I turned on my laptop and put my password and say i got it wrong. I try it again 20 times nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Davidpeixoto2, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Can't login to my own Laptop with my Microsoft account

This has started on Sunday the 11th of October. I turned on my laptop and put my password and say i got it wrong. I try it again 20 times nothing happens. Then i go to forgote password and change it on my phone. So when i put my new password it then says the device is offline. I keep changing nothing. I then try multiple methods like resetting it, using command prompt ext. Nothing works i tried to call microsoft but it always sends me to the website. I then find out that one of the devices connected to my account is a desktop in Mumbai which isn't mine. I never got an email about this as well so im quite upset about this. I tried to use the agent chat but it just gives me the website for me to reset password. Please help me i have all my school work in this laptop and i have a bunch of online work to do and meetings. Please help.

Thank you for reading.

:)

Davidpeixoto2, Oct 12, 2020

2. Unable to Login to the Laptop Using Microsoft Account Password.

Hi Dane,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, answer the below-listed questions and get back to us.

1. Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    2. Do you have any other Administrator User Accounts in your computer?
    3. What is the complete error message that you get when trying to login to your laptop?
    4. If you are using a Microsoft Account, are you able to login to
      login.live.com
      ?

Try the below steps and see if this helps.

Step 1: Once you are at the login screen, click on the
    Ease Of Access
    icon on the bottom right corner of the login screen and click on
    On-Screen Keyboard.

Step 2: Once the On-Screen Keyboard is up and running, type the correct password using the
    On-Screen Keyboard and see if you are able to login to your computer.

Also, try to change the Keyboard Layout From the Login Screen and see if this helps.

For references, you may also go through the steps mentioned in
    When you can't sign in to your Microsoft account

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Shafeeq_Khan, Oct 12, 2020
  3. MICROSOFT ACCOUNT LOGIN

Hi Arbaaz,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• Are you able to login with Microsoft account in web?
    • What happens exactly when you try to login using Microsoft account?
    I suggest you to login to Microsoft account through online login.live.com, if you are able to login to Microsoft account on web then you can reset the password and then try to login and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 12, 2020
  4. Addie Win User

Can't login to my own Laptop with my Microsoft account

Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

Can't login to my own Laptop with my Microsoft account

1. Can't login to my own Laptop with my Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Can't login own

2. I can't login to my laptop account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't login to my laptop account: I can't login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-login-to-my-laptop-account/91376215-e4b2-4ee9-9758-6a6c73c431ff
  3. I can't login to my laptop account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't login to my laptop account: I can't login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-login-to-my-laptop-account/91376215-e4b2-4ee9-9758-6a6c73c431ff
  4. Can't login to my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login to my Microsoft account: Something went wrong. [1200] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-login-to-my-microsoft-account/6e1f6afb-72c5-4d9f-baa9-63711e57e4e5
  5. Can't login to my Microsoft account

Can't login to my Microsoft account: Something went wrong. [1200] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-login-to-my-microsoft-account/6e1f6afb-72c5-4d9f-baa9-63711e57e4e5
  6. Can't login to my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. I can't login to my Microsoft account windows 11 on my laptop

I can't login to my Microsoft account windows 11 on my laptop: I have full access on my phone, but my password even after resetting it doesn't work. Also I'm not receiving emails when I'm asked to receive a code through the laptop, but on my phone I receive them. This also happened after I restarted my laptop. It's weird since I have...
  8. I can't login to my microsoft account in my ASUS laptop.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can't login to my microsoft account in my ASUS laptop.: When I go to setting to login I try many times to login but I can't login, my password I put in is correct because I try it in the wedsite and it work. When I put the password in, it said:Oops, Something went wrong What ever happened, it was probably our fault. Please try...
  9. Can't login to my account on the laptop.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't login to my account on the laptop.: So I formatted my laptop and now I when I try to login again, I'm getting this error. `The password you entered for your device is incorrect. Please try again. This is silly because I literally just entered the password to login to this site and it worked...
  10. Can't login to my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't login to my Microsoft Account: Hi there, I'm facing an issue with my microsoft account from last three months now. I can not use any Microsoft apps like- Your Phone, Store, Outlook and all of microsoft apps, its shows"0x800704cf" error code. i tried every solution available on online nothing worked then I...