Windows 10: Can't login to my PC using MS account without internet connection

Discus and support Can't login to my PC using MS account without internet connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have a laptop which I connected with my Microsoft account, so I can use that to login. I already tried to reinstall the laptop but it didn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AndreasSandner, Mar 19, 2021.

1. Can't login to my PC using MS account without internet connection

Hello,

I have a laptop which I connected with my Microsoft account, so I can use that to login. I already tried to reinstall the laptop but it didn't help.

Like I said, I'd like to login using my Microsoft account. However, I noticed that this is only possible when there is an internet connection. Since this is not always the case when I'm travelling, there are times when I cannot login to this laptop.

Searching for this issue only resulted in the "solution" to just "login with a local account instead". But that's not a solution. I have a desktop PC where I also login with my Microsoft account, I tested this and it works without internet connection, so I know this is possible.

What do I need to do to be able to login to the laptop with my Microsoft account even when there's no internet connection?

:)

AndreasSandner, Mar 19, 2021

2. Login not accepted for my MS Account

Let me explain, again, what I have experienced:

• I use my MS account to unlock this computer. No problem doing that
    • I attempted to use other apps requiring the MS login, like Outlook, or even this forum, and it would not accept the very same credentials I used to unlock the computer
    • I used my wife's MS account to login to this forum so that I could seek help
    • I have tried resetting my MS account twice, and that did not work either.
    I would appreciate suggestions OTHER than wha I have already tried

SonoRimaggio, Mar 19, 2021
  3. AsRock Win User
    New PC DRM!

I was thinking

Step 1: Install
    Step 2: Get a Ubi account
    Step 3: Login to Ubi
    Step 4: Enjoy the game and pray hard that internet doesn't crap on you
    Step 5: Save failed cannot find server Please wait ?.
    Step 6: Boots user to main menu. (Still no server found although your connected online )

AsRock, Mar 19, 2021
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Can't login to my PC using MS account without internet connection

Relocated PC can't connect to internet

That's correct. His brother forgot the PW, But he and the machine are at the facility, and as of his post#1 had not set up any WiFi connection, so, of course, he got the "No connection" error when he tried to do the Manage Logon to reset the password. Hence, my suggestions in post #2 and #4. Otherwise, he's gonna go in circles. Has to get to a Net connection before doing anything else. He could take it back home with him, fix it, and bring it back. Somehow get a net connection. Don't see any mention of another PC.

f14tomcat, Mar 19, 2021
Thema:

Can't login to my PC using MS account without internet connection

1. Can't login to my PC using MS account without internet connection - Similar Threads - Can't login using

2. How can I login to my pc without MS account? I don’t have internet connection and I have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I login to my pc without MS account? I don’t have internet connection and I have...: Hi there.I whant to login to my computer without internet connection, but I have only one account on thatonly one MS account. how can I login to my pc? I connected my computer to the internet but I still got this error: You’ll need the internet for this....
  3. How can I login to my pc without MS account? I don’t have internet connection and I have...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I login to my pc without MS account? I don’t have internet connection and I have...: Hi there.I whant to login to my computer without internet connection, but I have only one account on thatonly one MS account. how can I login to my pc? I connected my computer to the internet but I still got this error: You’ll need the internet for this....
  4. I can't login into my Microsoft account without internet and there's no button to turn on...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can't login into my Microsoft account without internet and there's no button to turn on...: Broken System https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-login-into-my-microsoft-account-without/fad26c80-24ac-41b5-957d-b688692f0d2e
  5. Can't RDP to computer account that uses MS login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't RDP to computer account that uses MS login: Here's the problem. Some of my windows machines have both local accounts and MS accounts. Machine A, for example, has Administrator is a local account while the account name "UserName" uses a Microsoft login.When I'm using Machine B and want to RDP to Machine A as...
  6. Can't RDP to computer account that uses MS login

Can't RDP to computer account that uses MS login: Here's the problem. Some of my windows machines have both local accounts and MS accounts. Machine A, for example, has Administrator is a local account while the account name "UserName" uses a Microsoft login.When I'm using Machine B and want to RDP to Machine A as...
  7. No internet connection / Can't login in my Windows PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet connection / Can't login in my Windows PC: I have a windows pc that hasn't been working for a while now. When trying to login it doesn't work even though I know it's the right password, also when I do that it tells me that there is no internet connection. I've tried pressing the "forgot my password" button but it does...
  8. No internet connection / Can't login in my Windows PC

No internet connection / Can't login in my Windows PC: I have a windows pc that hasn't been working for a while now. When trying to login it doesn't work even though I know it's the right password, also when I do that it tells me that there is no internet connection. I've tried pressing the "forgot my password" button but it does...
  9. Can't login to Windows account without internet, no ethernet drivers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't login to Windows account without internet, no ethernet drivers: Hello, Long story short: I bought a new laptop with Windows 10 Created an account with "PIN" log in type, and did not setup other login variants My laptop got spilled with juice, and the main cpu is fried No intentions of repairing it, too expensive for a lower-end laptop...
  10. Connected to internet, can't login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Connected to internet, can't login: When I am online, I cannot log in to Windows 10. When I enter my password or pin it says "Your device is offline. Please sign in with the last password used on this device." I used chrome remote desktop to access the computer... So I am for sure connected to the internet....