Windows 10: Can’t login to my Surface Laptop At all!

Discus and support Can’t login to my Surface Laptop At all! in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I just got my surface laptop (1st gen) yesterday and this morning at school i tried logging in and it claimed to not be able to recognize my face. It... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Casmud, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Casmud Win User

Can’t login to my Surface Laptop At all!

I just got my surface laptop (1st gen) yesterday and this morning at school i tried logging in and it claimed to not be able to recognize my face. It then told me my only option now was to use my pin. It then says “pin is no longer available” because of a change in my security settings? I did not change anything in my settings at all. So now i have no way of entering my laptop. I have tried numerous times to reset or restore it but it kept asking for a recovery key and the link it told me to go to would say “access denied”.

I paid $680 for this laptop just to not be able to use it? If anybody has any advice I’d greatly appreciate it.

:)

Casmud, Feb 13, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Can’t login to my Surface Laptop At all! :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Feb 13, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, Feb 13, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Update for Surface Laptop - February 28, 2018

Source: Update for Surface Laptop (28 February 2018) Surface

See also: Surface Laptop update history

Brink, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Can’t login to my Surface Laptop At all! - Similar Threads - Can’t login Surface

2. Can’t login or reset PIN on laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t login or reset PIN on laptop?: I went into my settings and disabled all the startup apps because they were getting annoying. Then I restarted my computer to make sure the changes went through.When I tried to login afterwards, it said “something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your...
  3. Can’t login or reset PIN on laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t login or reset PIN on laptop?: I went into my settings and disabled all the startup apps because they were getting annoying. Then I restarted my computer to make sure the changes went through.When I tried to login afterwards, it said “something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your...
  4. I can’t login to my laptop.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can’t login to my laptop.: When trying to log in to my laptop, I’m given 2 options. I can either use my fingerprint or my pin. When I try to use my fingerprint it doesn’t even register my finger, when I try to do pin it says it hasn’t been set up it has. What do I do, I can’t get in?!...
  5. I can’t login to my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t login to my laptop.: When trying to log in to my laptop, I’m given 2 options. I can either use my fingerprint or my pin. When I try to use my fingerprint it doesn’t even register my finger, when I try to do pin it says it hasn’t been set up it has. What do I do, I can’t get in?!...
  6. I can’t login to my laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can’t login to my computer

Can’t login to my computer: This day when I started up my computer and tried to login it said that I had to make a new pin so I tried to do it but it said that I needed to download a app that let’s me change pin apparently but I can’t download it because I need to make a new pin. Please help....
  8. Can’t login to my computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t login to my computer: I built my own PC and it uses Windows 10. I got a VPN and now I’m getting the “no internet, secured” error whenever I try to login, barring me from actually logging in. I’ve tried everything that’s suggested online and the Microsoft forums are the most useless forum I’ve ever...
  9. Can’t Reset Laptop at all?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can’t Reset Laptop at all?: I have a fairly new asus laptop made in 2018 and was working great for a few months, but after a time the audio stopped working if their was nothing connected in (headphones), money has been tight so i was meaning to reset it to fix the audio issue then sell it, but no matter...
  10. Can’t sign in to my surface

Can’t sign in to my surface: I always used face recognition, it’s not working. A pin is required is what I get but it says my pin is no longer available due to changes to the setting and I forgot my password. Went to microsoft account and changed my password, tried that one and still nothing. All I see...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i cant log into my surface laptop

2. cant log into my surface laptop