Windows 10: Can't login to my Windows 10 computer

Discus and support Can't login to my Windows 10 computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an HP Notebook that originally came with Windows 7 pro. I upgraded with the free Windows 10 offer way back when. Had not touched the laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lisa.McBride11, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Can't login to my Windows 10 computer

I have an HP Notebook that originally came with Windows 7 pro. I upgraded with the free Windows 10 offer way back when. Had not touched the laptop since March 2018. Turned it on 2 days ago July 24, 2020 I think. It was setup to login with pin. I remembered it. All was okay until I turned on the auto update. I woke up to a login screen requiring password. I was able to get a command console up and BIOS was accessible. I changed the user, guest, and administrator passwords successfully. Reboot took me to login and I put in new password. Got message that computer was offline use old password. I don't know old password. I don't remember enough to reset the network adapter or even find a network driver for the WlanSvc, netsh, stuff to work. I learned all that on DOS anyway. Little diff. How can I either reconnect the Wireless or Ethernet connection too my computer or override the old password requirement so I can use Windows 10 again? Any help is appreciated guys. Windows 10 for dummies please. NOTE: have no idea where my USB bootable Windows 10 or Password recovery USB went.

:)

Lisa.McBride11, Jul 26, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Can't login to my windows 10 PC

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Are you trying to login to Microsoft account or local account?

• If its Microsoft account are you able to login using the web interface?
    I suggest you to use the on-screen keyboard and try to login. Follow the steps below:

Click on the Ease of Access icon at the right bottom of the screen and select On-screen keyboard and check if issue persists.

Please get back to us with the results of the above instructions.

Giridhar J, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Can't login to my Windows 10 computer

Can't login to my windows 10 PC

Hi,

I tried everything that you suggested.

I am trying to login to Microsoft account.

And I am able to login using the web interface.

I used on-screen keyboard too. But the issue persists. It gives an error, and asks to try again.

Please help. I am stuck.

Thanks in advance.

vikas.bandaru, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Can't login to my Windows 10 computer

1. Can't login to my Windows 10 computer - Similar Threads - Can't login computer

2. Can't login to my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't login to my computer: Please i need help as soon as possible because it's so frustrating.. i can't login to windows, the keyboard and mouse are not responding at all, the mouse is lit but dosen't respond and no pointer, the keyboard lights turns off as soon as windows starts and login window shows...
  3. Can't login to my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login to my computer: Please i need help as soon as possible because it's so frustrating.. i can't login to windows, the keyboard and mouse are not responding at all, the mouse is lit but dosen't respond and no pointer, the keyboard lights turns off as soon as windows starts and login window shows...
  4. Can't login to Windows 10 computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't login to Windows 10 computer: I have three, Dell computers.Two of them, running Windows 10.It is, the third one. I need help, with.I assume, it's running Windows 10?I'm unable, to log into it.I've tried every password, I know?I've been reading about, self booting USB drives.I'm not exactly sure, how you...
  5. Can't login to computer.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't login to computer.: I accidentally removed my Pin used to login to my computer while trying to set up excel with Microsoft account. Not sure how it happened, but now I can't login to my computer. The screen says"Something happened and your PiN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again" and...
  6. I can't login to my computer.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't login to my computer.: I can't reach the login screen at all, whenever I click or press a button on my keyboard to reach the password insert screen the screen goes black for a bit then it goes back to the screen right before it which displays the time and this just keeps on looping which makes it...
  7. Can't login to my Computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't login to my Computer: I have reset my MS account password on a different computer, but I can't connect my HP computer to the internet please see picture below and therefore can't login with the new password. Also the camera is not working either. How can I fix this? [ATTACH]...
  8. Can't login to my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't login to my computer: Computer will only let me enter 4 digits of my 8 digit password. Tried restarting 3 times and got nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-login-to-my-computer/32854617-e20f-48ed-bbfc-1d2d05eb48da
  9. Can't login to my account and can't reset my computer.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't login to my account and can't reset my computer.: I have been using my computer like normal, used my pin and everything was fine. That was until I opened up my computer again and the login screen said password. Entered in my pin and it didn't work. I remember creating a password when I first got it years ago, but have not...
  10. Can't login to my computer - Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't login to my computer - Windows 10: Hello, I had been always using fingerprint and the PIN to login. I never used the password for my account so can't even remember. I wanted to find out if any of the services causing the slow startup of the machine. I turned off all the service and reboot the machine to...