Windows 10: Can't login to my windows 10 PC. Login screen refreshes after entering any key.

Discus and support Can't login to my windows 10 PC. Login screen refreshes after entering any key. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; So since yesterday I have this one problem. I started my pc as usual and then this pre-login screen appears, everything looks like always, but when I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by AlexanderZM, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Can't login to my windows 10 PC. Login screen refreshes after entering any key.

So since yesterday I have this one problem. I started my pc as usual and then this pre-login screen appears, everything looks like always, but when I try to enter any letter into the enter password box the login screen 'refreshes' and I still have to enter my password which leads to the same problem if I enter any key the login screen refreshes and I am stuck in this loop. On the bottom left only the ease of access button and the change language button works. If I try to hit the power button or the wifi button the login screen refreshes again. I tried pressing shift and the power button on the bottom left but the same problem comes. I've also tried a couple of other things and now I am out of ideas. Would anyone be so kind and give me a solution to this problem?

Edit: After sometime my pc restarts automatically but the problem still persists.

:)

AlexanderZM, Nov 9, 2018
  2. regan1985 Win User

login screens

is there anyway to stop windows going into the login screen wen i boot up and leave my pc for more then 10mins?i have no password set and im the only user!!

cheers

regan1985, Nov 9, 2018
  3. ATIonion Win User
    login screens

goto CONTROL PANEL/ USER ACCOUNTS then you have to remove all the other accounts except for the one you logon with....then restart...it should bypass the login tho it will still show the screen for it...it will continue to load windows...good luck*Rockout :rockout:

edit:: it asks for a login when there are more then one accounts..or if you set a pw to your login name...

ATIonion, Nov 9, 2018
  4. Can't login to my windows 10 PC. Login screen refreshes after entering any key.

Little to no keyboard input on windows 10 login screen

I have encountered an issue where only the space bar and enter keys work on login.

Below is a step by step of what I have found so far:

1. I restarted my computer - and tried to enter my pin and noticed that nothing was happening and i could not log in but the enter and space keys were working.
    2. I then walked through the change pin process - it through me back to the login screen and inputs worked again.
    3. I then tried running the hardware and device troubleshooter and it found no issues.
    4. I then downloaded the windows diagnostic tool - it repaired two issues in relation to a windows update, on in regards to a corrupt database and another which i cant remember.
    5. I restarted after it fixed these issues and I could log in fine.
    6. I then restarted again to be 100% sure it worked - and behold the issue was back again.
    7. As long as I go into the reset pin process and come back into the login screen again I can then enter my pin.

I dont know what has caused this issue and if anyone else has encountered it but is there any fixes or other potential solutions could try to resolve this?

Am thinking at the moment I may have to do a clean install of windows 10 but I would like to avoid that if I can. *sarc

joshcranmore, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

Can't login to my windows 10 PC. Login screen refreshes after entering any key.

1. Can't login to my windows 10 PC. Login screen refreshes after entering any key. - Similar Threads - Can't login Login

2. Can’t see any login option on my Windows 11 login screen. Just says enter the pin to login,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t see any login option on my Windows 11 login screen. Just says enter the pin to login,...: This is the screen I am getting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-any-login-option-on-my-windows-11-login/c6271137-460a-4422-8f9a-8057a5152930
  3. Can’t see any login option on my Windows 11 login screen. Just says enter the pin to login,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t see any login option on my Windows 11 login screen. Just says enter the pin to login,...: This is the screen I am getting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-any-login-option-on-my-windows-11-login/c6271137-460a-4422-8f9a-8057a5152930
  4. Windows 10 screen flickering on login screen, can't login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 screen flickering on login screen, can't login: I built my pc and have been using it perfectly fine for over a week now but it suddenly started flickering on the login screen and not letting me log on at all. I can't type in my password and I can't even click the power button on screen. I've looked up any ways to fix this...
  5. Windows 10 screen flickering on login screen, can't login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 screen flickering on login screen, can't login: I built my pc and have been using it perfectly fine for over a week now but it suddenly started flickering on the login screen and not letting me log on at all. I can't type in my password and I can't even click the power button on screen. I've looked up any ways to fix this...
  6. Can't Enter/Login PC

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't Enter/Login PC: I need to sign into my Microsoft account when I start/enter my PC. It was working fine but since this morning whenver I turn on my PC and start signing in it says "You'll need the internet for this." Then two option appears at the bottom "Retry" & "Cancel"I keep retrying but...
  7. Press enter key cannot get login screen Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Press enter key cannot get login screen Windows 10: Hi all, when i switch on my own laptop, the welcome screen comes up. For some reason, when i press the enter key or any key on keyboard, it does not take me to the login screen. I have to click the mouse to enter the login screen and password box. However, i can click enter...
  8. After refreshing I cannot login to my PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After refreshing I cannot login to my PC: We in our company have refreshed our PCs to HP elite with Windows 10. However we encountered an issue because when after some period of time they try to log in to their machines, it takes them long time...
  9. Windows 10 HP (Can't enter password in login screen)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 HP (Can't enter password in login screen): windows 10 HP Pavilion 15- n259Tx ( Can't type Password in login screen) I am facing this issue that I can't type Password in login screen in windows 10. When I press key to enter password nothing happened. Password field is blank, it is not detecting keystrokes. I...
  10. Flickering Of Windows 10 Login screen after pressing enter

in Windows 10 Support
    Flickering Of Windows 10 Login screen after pressing enter: I regret to say that this issue started occuring shortly after downloading some torrents. I was looking to cut some costs and decided to cancel my DJ pool subscriptions and download some music. Unfortunately, not only did I get some terrible quality audio, this flickering...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. logon screen resfreshes after one letter