Windows 10: Can't login to original account, possible loss of data ?

Discus and support Can't login to original account, possible loss of data ? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I wanted to change the username folder of my account and was following this tutorial: How to Change the User Profile Folder Name in Windows 11... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LeonardoGarcia8, Dec 5, 2022.

1. Can't login to original account, possible loss of data ?

Hello, I wanted to change the username folder of my account and was following this tutorial: How to Change the User Profile Folder Name in Windows 11 makeuseof.comBeing the naive person I am, I skipped the initial steps and didn't read them and ended up changing the ProfileImagePath in regedit to the desired username folder name that I wanted. In hindsight, this was a really bad idea not to follow the tutorial correctly, but what's done is done.After changing the ProfileImagePath, I restarted my computer and tried to login to my account, I was met with a screen that said "We can't log in to

:)

LeonardoGarcia8, Dec 5, 2022

2. Locked Out of Admin Account

Hello Linda,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you using a Microsoft account or a local account?
    2. Which version of Windows 10 you are using currently?
    3. Is the other user account an admin account?

I suggest you to try using the on screen keyboard at the login page and check if you are able to login to the PC.

1. At the login screen click on the
      ease of access icon at the bottom right hand corner.
    2. Click on the on screen keyboard to open it.
    3. Type the password and try to login.

If you are using a Microsoft account, I suggest you to refer the article on

how to reset your Microsoft account password

However, if you are using a local account, then I suggest you to refer the article on

reset your Windows 10 local account password

Note: While performing these steps, there might be a risk of data loss. You may take a backup of the data before performing the steps.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Dec 5, 2022
  3. S-and-S Win User
    DATA LOSS

No one can help you if you won't tell us what data was lost, where it was originally stored, and
    what steps you've taken so far to find it. Otherwise, you're hoping for a lucky guess.

Do you normally backup your data?

S-and-S, Dec 5, 2022
  4. Jonas Flo Win User

Can't login to original account, possible loss of data ?

how to convert Dynamic disk to Basic disk without data loss ?

Hi,

The process of conversion is quite tricky but not exactly that complicated. Suggested safe is to have your data cloned and work on the clone instead of the original. This suggestions and steps were provided by one of the Microsoft Community Forum MVP's,
    John John__ in his response on this thread. Follow the steps carefully
    to be able to avoid data loss.

I hope it helps. If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Jonas Flo, Dec 5, 2022
Thema:

Can't login to original account, possible loss of data ?

1. Can't login to original account, possible loss of data ? - Similar Threads - Can't login original

2. Can't login to original account, possible loss of data ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't login to original account, possible loss of data ?: Hello, I wanted to change the username folder of my account and was following this tutorial: How to Change the User Profile Folder Name in Windows 11 makeuseof.comBeing the naive person I am, I skipped the initial steps and didn't read them and ended up changing the...
  3. Loss of data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loss of data: I recently signed into my schools Microsoft account on my personal computer. I managed to sign in and could use all of the facilities they offer. However, i decided to sign out of my schools Microsoft account and upon returning to my homepage I lost all of my data. I then...
  4. Loss of data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Loss of data: I recently signed into my schools Microsoft account on my personal computer. I managed to sign in and could use all of the facilities they offer. However, i decided to sign out of my schools Microsoft account and upon returning to my homepage I lost all of my data. I then...
  5. data loss

data loss: I deleted one of the user accounts on my pc and all the data is also deleted. how can i find my data back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-loss/2db3f703-7bc9-4ab2-a55a-be585a53e095
  6. Loss of full account data

Loss of full account data: I completely created a new mail, after which I reinstalled Windows and lost the notepad from the Account data. I remember that earlier on that account there was mail *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and it seems that the password is 12320042008...
  7. Possible data loss after windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Possible data loss after windows 10 update?: Hi there, I currently use a Lenovo laptop and had a windows 10 update last friday. Afterwards I noticed that the data in my local Drive C:/ changed. It had 10GB remaining before the update, and went up to 50GB after the update which means that 40GB of data was deleted. Should...
  8. Loss of Data

in Windows 10 Customization
    Loss of Data: I have been using a Windows 10 laptop. Everytime i turn my laptop On, i am losing all the data in all drives other than OSC. Also, it takes a lot of time to load displaying "Preparing Windows" text while loading. Please help me with the problem....
  9. Data loss

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Data loss: My pc keeps losing it data and i dont know why do you think i need a new hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-loss/30dd6610-a132-4f58-981e-760aa20451ef
  10. Data loss

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Data loss: I really need help my pc keeps loosing all of its data and i have to reinstall windows again and again and i don’t know the problem this is the 5th time its happened it only happens when i restart my pc its not every time only some times...