Windows 10: Can’t login to PC after reset

Discus and support Can’t login to PC after reset in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; hello, today i reset my pc (while keeping personal data) to remove alot of programs in the hooes my oc would perform better and now it is stuck on... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ThomasLuongo, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Can’t login to PC after reset

hello,

today i reset my pc (while keeping personal data) to remove alot of programs in the hooes my oc would perform better and now it is stuck on the login screen. I put in my microsoft password, it tells me it is incorrect. Ive only used this one but ive reset it anyways using recovery email and even after successfully resetting it still tells me it is incorrect and to go to the website to reset. I just used the same account to log in to this forum so i know it works. I also do not have the power icon in the bottom right hand corner of my screen, just ease of access and wifi settings so i am unable to access the troubleshooting menu to do safe mode or a full reset.

Any suggestions??

thank you

:)

ThomasLuongo, Nov 10, 2018
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Nov 10, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 10, 2018
  4. Can’t login to PC after reset

Can't login to my windows 10 PC

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Are you trying to login to Microsoft account or local account?

• If its Microsoft account are you able to login using the web interface?
    I suggest you to use the on-screen keyboard and try to login. Follow the steps below:

Click on the Ease of Access icon at the right bottom of the screen and select On-screen keyboard and check if issue persists.

Please get back to us with the results of the above instructions.

Giridhar J, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

Can’t login to PC after reset

1. Can’t login to PC after reset - Similar Threads - Can’t login reset

2. Can’t login or reset PIN on laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t login or reset PIN on laptop?: I went into my settings and disabled all the startup apps because they were getting annoying. Then I restarted my computer to make sure the changes went through.When I tried to login afterwards, it said “something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your...
  3. Can’t login or reset PIN on laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t login or reset PIN on laptop?: I went into my settings and disabled all the startup apps because they were getting annoying. Then I restarted my computer to make sure the changes went through.When I tried to login afterwards, it said “something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your...
  4. Can’t login after windows 11 factory reset

Can’t login after windows 11 factory reset: I system reseted and deleted everything on my hp laptop. When it finished I couldn’t log in because there was a message that said “pin is no longer available due to a change on the security settings on this device.” under the message there was a set up my pin button, I...
  5. Can’t login after windows 11 factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t login after windows 11 factory reset: I system reseted and deleted everything on my hp laptop. When it finished I couldn’t log in because there was a message that said “pin is no longer available due to a change on the security settings on this device.” under the message there was a set up my pin button, I...
  6. Can’t reset pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t reset pc: Hey I just bought a pc off Facebook and I connected it and noticed it had an account on it already. Well I tried to reset the pc because I didn’t know the password, well what I did was press shift and restart and then I would try to press reset and my screen just goes black...
  7. Can’t reset pc

Can’t reset pc: Hey I just bought a pc off Facebook and I connected it and noticed it had an account on it already. Well I tried to reset the pc because I didn’t know the password, well what I did was press shift and restart and then I would try to press reset and my screen just goes black...
  8. Can’t reset PC after being locked out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t reset PC after being locked out: So i got locked out of my laptop because I forgot my password. I cannot reset it because it’s an local account without security questions . I’m running windows 10 and I tried to reset the laptop, but it says I can’t because I need to free up space. How do I do that if I can’t...
  9. Can’t login after factory reset on windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can’t login after factory reset on windows 10: hi My laptop model is chuwi surbook. Its a chinese brand. Windows 10 OS installed. Factory reset and they brought me to the login page “other user”. I didnt have this account installed previously and i dont know the username and password. Tried other methods (e.g. restart...
  10. Can’t login to windows 10 after resetting the computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can’t login to windows 10 after resetting the computer: I reseted my computer, and after is done. It asked for a login username which I don’t remember. I know the password but I don’t remember the login username cause I didn’t have to type the username before. Is there anyway to find my username? Or I can no longer use my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 cant login after reset

2. i have done a reset and now cant log back in to my laptop

3. After Resetting the PC still not able to see all User Names