Windows 10: Can't login to Window 10 after reset

Discus and support Can't login to Window 10 after reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A few days ago I did did a reset for my Windows 10 because I had some issues. After the reset Windows asked me to login using an account that I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nckbnnk, Nov 23, 2018.

1. nckbnnk Win User

Can't login to Window 10 after reset

A few days ago I did did a reset for my Windows 10 because I had some issues. After the reset Windows asked me to login using an account that I've never created. I've tried all my usernames and password but nothing worked.

So I've tried to press shift + restart to go intro recovery and reset the computer again. But this was not possible because there was no account on the PC. So what I did was go to safe mode, open a terminal and create a new account with net user. After restart I saw my new account, but when I type my password it says: incorrect username or password.

When I try to boot up safe mode it now asks for the password of my account which doesn't work. So what now? How can I boot into my PC? Do I need to make a bootable Windows disc and reinstall Windows? How does this work? Can I remove my old Windows easily and overwrite it with a new, clean version?

:)

nckbnnk, Nov 23, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 23, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 23, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't login to Window 10 after reset - Similar Threads - Can't login Window

2. Can't login to Windows 10 after updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't login to Windows 10 after updates: I updated the Windows 10 software on my laptop, and after the update completed, I restarted the laptop. Now, when the laptop starts, it goes to the lock screen, then I see my name and the click “login” , but when Iclick "login," the laptop returns to the lock screen.* Changed...
  3. Can't login or reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login or reset.: So I accidentally deleted my windows defender attempting to repair it. I then chose to reset my PC hoping to get it back and have my PC working again. Each time I try to reset it, it comes back to the login screen, and when I try to login it says that the sign in service has...
  4. Can't login or reset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't login or reset.: So I accidentally deleted my windows defender attempting to repair it. I then chose to reset my PC hoping to get it back and have my PC working again. Each time I try to reset it, it comes back to the login screen, and when I try to login it says that the sign in service has...
  5. Can't login to Windows 10 after Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login to Windows 10 after Reset: Hello,I have a Surface Pro 3. I used Recovery > Reset This Computer option to delete everything and reinstall Windows 10. After the reset process finished, I can't login to the computer. My account comes up and when I enter my password, it says "The user profile service...
  6. Can't login to Windows 10 after Reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't login to Windows 10 after Reset: Hello,I have a Surface Pro 3. I used Recovery > Reset This Computer option to delete everything and reinstall Windows 10. After the reset process finished, I can't login to the computer. My account comes up and when I enter my password, it says "The user profile service...
  7. Can't login to Windows 10 after Reset

8. Can't login to windows 10. No reset pin or reset password option

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't login to windows 10. No reset pin or reset password option: I've been using an older computer at work. I came in this Monday to find that the pin no longer works and we don't know what the password is. I tried changing the window's account's password but it doesn't work. I tried looking for options and came across running the...
  9. Can't reset forgotten windows login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't reset forgotten windows login: I usually log in using my pin, but to start in safe mode, you are prompted for your password. I don't seem to have a record of this. How can I either reset the login password? Failing that, is it possible to start in safe mode with the pin?...
  10. Can’t login after factory reset on windows 10

Can’t login after factory reset on windows 10: hi My laptop model is chuwi surbook. Its a chinese brand. Windows 10 OS installed. Factory reset and they brought me to the login page “other user”. I didnt have this account installed previously and i dont know the username and password. Tried other methods (e.g. restart...