Windows 10: Can’t login to windows 10 after resetting the computer

Discus and support Can’t login to windows 10 after resetting the computer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I reseted my computer, and after is done. It asked for a login username which I don’t remember. I know the password but I don’t remember the login... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by shumgordon, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Can’t login to windows 10 after resetting the computer

I reseted my computer, and after is done. It asked for a login username which I don’t remember. I know the password but I don’t remember the login username cause I didn’t have to type the username before. Is there anyway to find my username? Or I can no longer use my computer. I saw two login options I think i use the local account one before, but i did tried the Microsoft account one. It both failed cause I didn’t remember my username

:)

shumgordon, Jul 10, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jul 10, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 10, 2018
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Can’t login to windows 10 after resetting the computer

Windows 10 Login Issues -- Computer Password Does Not Work!

Hi Scott,

You may need to reset your password for you to access your account using password login since PIN login is not working. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages when you tried to login?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Are you trying to log in to your Microsoft Account or to your Windows 10 local account?
    • Have you tried resetting your password?

Meanwhile, if you're trying to log in to your Microsoft Account, we suggest that you follow the steps in this

forum article
    shared by PaulSey on how to reset your password and recover your Microsoft Account.

If you're trying to log in to your Windows 10 local account, we suggest that you perform the instructions in this

article
    on how you can reset your Windows 10 local account.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

Can’t login to windows 10 after resetting the computer

1. Can’t login to windows 10 after resetting the computer - Similar Threads - Can’t login resetting

2. Can’t login into my computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can’t login into my computer: So idk how but I disabled my password for my computer but it still asks for it, so when I try to go to command prompt in recovery mode it asks for a password and when I put my old password it says incorrect, same thing for when I want to use my system restore, and when I...
  3. Can’t login into my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t login into my computer: So idk how but I disabled my password for my computer but it still asks for it, so when I try to go to command prompt in recovery mode it asks for a password and when I put my old password it says incorrect, same thing for when I want to use my system restore, and when I...
  4. Can’t login after windows 11 factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t login after windows 11 factory reset: I system reseted and deleted everything on my hp laptop. When it finished I couldn’t log in because there was a message that said “pin is no longer available due to a change on the security settings on this device.” under the message there was a set up my pin button, I...
  5. Can’t login after windows 11 factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t login after windows 11 factory reset: I system reseted and deleted everything on my hp laptop. When it finished I couldn’t log in because there was a message that said “pin is no longer available due to a change on the security settings on this device.” under the message there was a set up my pin button, I...
  6. Can’t login to my computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can’t login to my computer: This day when I started up my computer and tried to login it said that I had to make a new pin so I tried to do it but it said that I needed to download a app that let’s me change pin apparently but I can’t download it because I need to make a new pin. Please help....
  7. Can’t login to my computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t login to my computer: I built my own PC and it uses Windows 10. I got a VPN and now I’m getting the “no internet, secured” error whenever I try to login, barring me from actually logging in. I’ve tried everything that’s suggested online and the Microsoft forums are the most useless forum I’ve ever...
  8. Can’t access windows 10 after reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can’t access windows 10 after reset: My computer was freezing up so i decided to do a reset, and keep my files. After it finished installing, it took me back to the menu where i choose the operating system but nothing works at all...
  9. Can’t login to PC after reset

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can’t login to PC after reset: hello, today i reset my pc (while keeping personal data) to remove alot of programs in the hooes my oc would perform better and now it is stuck on the login screen. I put in my microsoft password, it tells me it is incorrect. Ive only used this one but ive reset it anyways...
  10. Can’t login after factory reset on windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can’t login after factory reset on windows 10: hi My laptop model is chuwi surbook. Its a chinese brand. Windows 10 OS installed. Factory reset and they brought me to the login page “other user”. I didnt have this account installed previously and i dont know the username and password. Tried other methods (e.g. restart...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant logun to PC after a reset

2. windows phone factory reset cant login

3. reset windows 10 cant login

4. i can;t loginto my computer remotely after rebooting,
  5. cant login to microsoft labtop after resetting,
  6. cant log in to computer after resetting password,
  7. cant login to computer after re-imaging,
  8. cant loginto computer after reset