Windows 10: Can't login to Windows after starting up in Safe mode Manual once

Discus and support Can't login to Windows after starting up in Safe mode Manual once in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello everyone. So, a few days ago my laptop got in by Domn virus buy I didn't realize it until today. So I searched online for some ways to gey rid... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LisaFBAB, Sep 22, 2019.

1. LisaFBAB Win User

Can't login to Windows after starting up in Safe mode Manual once

Hello everyone.

So, a few days ago my laptop got in by Domn virus buy I didn't realize it until today. So I searched online for some ways to gey rid of it and I found this <https:// sensorstechforum dot com/remove-domn-file-virus/>

<Mod note: Spyhunter pushing site. Do not download anything from this site>

I opened the Run window and selected Boot and safe mode manual and then restart.

After I restarted it I had to enter a password to log in but it wouldn't accept any password. So i thought I probably forgot it and then I logged in a Microsoft account on my phone and changed the password. I restarted my laptop again and entered my new password again buy it says it's incorrect. I talked to someone who I thought could help me and we tried in so many ways to sign in or at least disable safe mode just to get to normal sign in, but the password would always be the problem. Btw my OS is Win 10. Does anyons have anh thoughts?

* Moved from education

* Original title: Safe mode Manual

:)

LisaFBAB, Sep 22, 2019

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 22, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Unable to Start in Safe Mode Win10

I understand that as repeating the basic problem. Is that what you mean? I can't tell you why- some sort of corruption- hence all the steps I'm suggesting. Please try each in turn.

The first are to check for basic forms of corruption and so proceed onwards in order.

dalchina, Sep 22, 2019
  4. Can't login to Windows after starting up in Safe mode Manual once

Password not working in safe mode, windows 10

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• What happens exactly when you enter the password?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • How have you booted your computer into safe mode?
    • Are you using local or Microsoft account to login?

I suggest you to force restart your computer and check whether you can get back your computer to normal mode.

You may follow the steps from the below article to place the computer in safe mode and check if it helps.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 22, 2019
Thema:

Can't login to Windows after starting up in Safe mode Manual once

1. Can't login to Windows after starting up in Safe mode Manual once - Similar Threads - Can't login starting

2. Can't login to Admin account in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login to Admin account in safe mode.: I've been having many issues with my HP laptop lately failing windows updates, failed signature checks so I have no audio, corrupt display adapter, so I booted Windows in safe mode to see if something I installed had been causing issues. Now I get "Something happened and your...
  3. Can't login to Admin account in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't login to Admin account in safe mode.: I've been having many issues with my HP laptop lately failing windows updates, failed signature checks so I have no audio, corrupt display adapter, so I booted Windows in safe mode to see if something I installed had been causing issues. Now I get "Something happened and your...
  4. Can't login to Admin account in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to start up in safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to start up in safe mode: What are the steps to start your computer in Safe Mode in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-start-up-in-safe-mode/c5ae0c3d-1364-4940-96fa-4eb0a889e034
  6. Forgetting the password and can't login to safe mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgetting the password and can't login to safe mode: yesterday i i was trying to uninstall my display drivers with ddu, so i booted up in safe mode as it told me to, but for some reason both my microsoft account password and PIN doesn't work. I searched up tons of solutions online and none worked for me. bcbedit didnt work,...
  7. Can't login in safe mode after setting safe mode at booting with msconfig and I am now...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't login in safe mode after setting safe mode at booting with msconfig and I am now...: Hello, i needed to boot my notebook ( windows 10) in safemode so i chanced my booting preferences in msconfig to safe boot. I did this procedure many many times in the past. Once restarted, my correct password was not recognised as correct and i am now locked out without...
  8. Login issues after safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login issues after safe mode: So firstly my computer has been having an error with the personalized settings not responding AFTER I log in for a while now. But just recently I had a big complied update as I hadn't updated windows in a while. Few days later and my computer is running ridiculously slow....
  9. Stuck, can't login and in Safe Mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stuck, can't login and in Safe Mode: I entered regular safe mode this morning and it had been stuck there ever since. It says wrong password, I've tried all passwords and pins I can remeber and nothing. Tried choosing safe mode with networking in troubleshooting (holding shift while selecting restart) but...
  10. Can't start up computer. Problem with safe mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't start up computer. Problem with safe mode.: So what happened was trying to uninstall a program on my computer, so I put it into safe mode. I restarted my computer, but when the login screen appeared, the box where you enter your password did not appear. All there was was the blue Windows wallpaper. I tried to fix...