Windows 10: Can’t login to Windows user when entering password correctly “the password is incorrect....

Discus and support Can’t login to Windows user when entering password correctly “the password is incorrect.... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I also don’t have Wi-Fi even though my Ethernet cable is connected and my Wi-Fi is working. I’ve tried: Holding shift key while holding the Power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DonaldFranklin III, Dec 8, 2021.

1. Can’t login to Windows user when entering password correctly “the password is incorrect....

I also don’t have Wi-Fi even though my Ethernet cable is connected and my Wi-Fi is working. I’ve tried: Holding shift key while holding the Power button then RestartAdvanced Recovery Options menu appearsTroubleshoot Advanced options Startup Settings Restart Tried 4 & 5 to Enable Safe Mode but it still doesn’t workalso tried: on-screen keyboardI did disconnect all my cables for awhile then plugged them back into the computer, the Ethernet was working but the password wasn’t still. did the troubleshooting process and still nothing.

:)

DonaldFranklin III, Dec 8, 2021
  2. donnyb Win User

No login password craziness

Brink, that was the missing step. What threw me off was in netplwiz, where it asks about password for my MS account, the user name was not the same as my MS account name. Once I entered the password (twice) I can now login without entering a password. In fact the name that was listed was not the MS account name, but a folder name. The folder is the one that shows when you click on C:\Users.
    Thanks for the help.

donnyb, Dec 8, 2021
  3. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Dec 8, 2021
  4. mrgeek Win User

Can’t login to Windows user when entering password correctly “the password is incorrect....

Password incorrect

"If it doesn't work will I be locked out for 30 days?"
    Only if, say, you choose to get a reset code sent to your phone and enter it incorrectly or send it to wrong #. Be careful how you choose to be sent code and enter it correctly, you get only one try or it's detected as possible hack and you'll get locked out of the MS acct.

There is no option to do anything other than use the 4 digit PIN.
    Choose on sign-in screen

Can’t login to Windows user when entering password correctly “the password is incorrect.... [​IMG]

I don't recall using a password when I set up my HP laptop.
    You must have had a password at some point. See Step 4 of this tutorial - http://bit.ly/2JKzQRZ
    excerpt- "When you enable the PIN, it fully replaces the traditional password, but this PIN method is only available if you login into Windows 10 using a Microsoft account instead of a local account. ... the good thing about this method is, if you ever forget your PIN, you can use the traditional method to login to your account."

When I use Skype I don't have or use a password. I just click on the link and it opens Skype.
    Then you have it set to auto sign-in, otherwise anyone can use it w/o your permission. Here's my Skype app page-

Can’t login to Windows user when entering password correctly “the password is incorrect.... [​IMG]

Click your acct pic and 'Sign out' appears. You can see that I have an msn.com acct, same as my computer sign-in. I think this last update of Skype no longer accepts yahoo or gmail logins, so be careful if it turns out that you do have a hotmail/msn acct. Click it will take you to your acct page where you may be able to change password to something easier to remember.

mrgeek, Dec 8, 2021
Thema:

Can’t login to Windows user when entering password correctly “the password is incorrect....

1. Can’t login to Windows user when entering password correctly “the password is incorrect.... - Similar Threads - Can’t login user

2. How to login my laptop after entering correct password but it shows incorrect password?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to login my laptop after entering correct password but it shows incorrect password?: My lenovo laptop runs on Windows 10. Today when I started my laptop by pressing power button and enter the correct password to login, it shows incorrect password. I took help from utube to fixed this problem but every effort went in vain....
  3. How to login my laptop after entering correct password but it shows incorrect password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to login my laptop after entering correct password but it shows incorrect password?: My lenovo laptop runs on Windows 10. Today when I started my laptop by pressing power button and enter the correct password to login, it shows incorrect password. I took help from utube to fixed this problem but every effort went in vain....
  4. How to login my laptop after entering correct password but it shows incorrect password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can’t login to Windows user when entering password correctly “the password is incorrect....

Can’t login to Windows user when entering password correctly “the password is incorrect....: I also don’t have Wi-Fi even though my Ethernet cable is connected and my Wi-Fi is working. I’ve tried: Holding shift key while holding the Power button then RestartAdvanced Recovery Options menu appearsTroubleshoot Advanced options Startup Settings Restart Tried 4 & 5 to...
  6. Can’t login to Windows user when entering password correctly “the password is incorrect....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t login to Windows user when entering password correctly “the password is incorrect....: I also don’t have Wi-Fi even though my Ethernet cable is connected and my Wi-Fi is working. I’ve tried: Holding shift key while holding the Power button then RestartAdvanced Recovery Options menu appearsTroubleshoot Advanced options Startup Settings Restart Tried 4 & 5 to...
  7. Can’t login even with correct password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can’t login even with correct password: Hi,My Surface Book running Windows 10 was running perfectly fine until I received a windows notification that a scan disk was required this wasn’t in response to a pop up or other malware. When I restarted my system, drive C went through a disk scan and no errors or other...
  8. incorrect password when i enter it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    incorrect password when i enter it: recently my pc got a blue screen. i changed a setting in control panel, it was something alomg the lines of max processor cores. i have an 8 core ryzen 5 2600x cpu, but i chose 16 because i was informed the setting also counted cpu threads. i made a system restore point...
  9. Can't login, correct password incorrect.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't login, correct password incorrect.: My computer was booting to a black screen that I kept restarting to to try to fix. After it finally booted correctly the resolution looked messed up and my correct password is saying incorrect. I can't access any of the troubleshoot options as it says I need my account...
  10. "Incorrect Password" when given correct password

"Incorrect Password" when given correct password: I've been having this problem for about five hours now and am getting increasingly frustrated. I left my computer on sleep as I usually do for a few hours and came back to log in and was told it was incorrect. I've restarted my computer a dozen or so times, put it in safe...