Windows 10: Can’t login to Windows with my password

Discus and support Can’t login to Windows with my password in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi there, I am unable to login to windows using my password. I’ve been using a pin number for quite some time so I am able to get in. My user name and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Splider, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Splider Win User

Can’t login to Windows with my password

Hi there, I am unable to login to windows using my password. I’ve been using a pin number for quite some time so I am able to get in. My user name and password works just fine if I log into my Microsoft account in the browser or on a mobile device, it just doesn’t work for windows. I have reset the password several times and confirmed that it works by successfully logging in on mobile. At the end of the process, it indicates that it did work.... But then it still won’t let me use it to log into windows. I’m trying to use Jump desktop from my iPad, and it won’t let me use a pin number, it needs the password. I just want to get this cleaned up.

:)

Splider, Jan 25, 2021

2. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Jan 25, 2021
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jan 25, 2021
  4. Can’t login to Windows with my password

Going to local login broke ability login without password prompt

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

1) Have you set up same password for both Microsoft account and local account?

You can sign in either with Microsoft account or local account. I suggest you to change the password for both the accounts and check if it helps.

1) Open settings and click on accounts.

2) Click on Your email and accounts.

3) Now in the right pane click on Manage my Microsoft account. It will redirect to your Microsoft account page.

4) here click on change password and try to sign in again.

You can also change password by clicking on Sign-in options in the left pane and choose change password in the right pane.

If the issue still persists, you can follow the below steps.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

Can’t login to Windows with my password

1. Can’t login to Windows with my password - Similar Threads - Can’t login password

2. Can’t login into my computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can’t login into my computer: So idk how but I disabled my password for my computer but it still asks for it, so when I try to go to command prompt in recovery mode it asks for a password and when I put my old password it says incorrect, same thing for when I want to use my system restore, and when I...
  3. Can’t login into my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t login into my computer: So idk how but I disabled my password for my computer but it still asks for it, so when I try to go to command prompt in recovery mode it asks for a password and when I put my old password it says incorrect, same thing for when I want to use my system restore, and when I...
  4. Can’t login into my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t login into my desktop: My desktop would always show pin, but when I type in my pin it would say that credentials aren’t verified and that the pin isn’t available. I tried to reset it but it says something went wrong and wasn’t able to reset it or set up. I tried to do password option, but there...
  5. Can’t login into my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t login into my desktop: My desktop would always show pin, but when I type in my pin it would say that credentials aren’t verified and that the pin isn’t available. I tried to reset it but it says something went wrong and wasn’t able to reset it or set up. I tried to do password option, but there...
  6. Can’t login to my computer

Can’t login to my computer: This day when I started up my computer and tried to login it said that I had to make a new pin so I tried to do it but it said that I needed to download a app that let’s me change pin apparently but I can’t download it because I need to make a new pin. Please help....
  7. Can’t login even with correct password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can’t login even with correct password: Hi,My Surface Book running Windows 10 was running perfectly fine until I received a windows notification that a scan disk was required this wasn’t in response to a pop up or other malware. When I restarted my system, drive C went through a disk scan and no errors or other...
  8. can’t login into windows

can’t login into windows: I’m using a Microsoft account not a local account.I accidentally removed my four digit pin number from the sign in options via windows settings and restarted my computer. now I can’t login into windows, clicking “sign in” does nothing. I tried every safe mode option, nothing...
  9. Can’t Type Password at the Login Screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Can’t Type Password at the Login Screen in Windows 10: [ATTACH]When you are on the Windows 10 login screen, and no matter how many keypresses you make, you cannot type the password!? It’s a confusing scenario, but it only means there is a problem with the keyboard. In this post, we will suggest some tips to help you fix the...
  10. Can’t login to my computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t login to my computer: I built my own PC and it uses Windows 10. I got a VPN and now I’m getting the “no internet, secured” error whenever I try to login, barring me from actually logging in. I’ve tried everything that’s suggested online and the Microsoft forums are the most useless forum I’ve ever...