Windows 10: Can't login to Windows - won't accept password, changed password, etc

Discus and support Can't login to Windows - won't accept password, changed password, etc in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I can't log in to Windows. At all. I was following some instructions, and disabled all Startup items. As instructed. Now, I'm locked out of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jonah Falcon, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Can't login to Windows - won't accept password, changed password, etc

I can't log in to Windows.

At all.

I was following some instructions, and disabled all Startup items. As instructed.

Now, I'm locked out of Windows.

It won't recognize the new password. I can't repair. It asks for a password. I can't reset. It asks for a password.

I can't do Safe with networking.

I can't do Safe without networking.

I can't do Command Prompt.

ALL BECAUSE IT REFUSES TO ACCEPT MY PASSWORD.

I WANT TO SPEAK TO A HUMAN BEING. ALL I DO IS GET TOLD TO VISIT A WEBSITE.

WEBSITES AND BOTS.

WEBSITES AND BOTS.

Maybe Apple IS the answer.

:)

Jonah Falcon, Nov 30, 2020

2. Changed my Microsoft account password but windows login keeps accepting old password

Hi,

I have a Microsoft account (to be specific, it's a Passport account. I created it with a gmail account) and I recently changed my password and activated two-step verification with Microsoft Authenticator app.

The new password works perfectly in any web page, but doesn´t work when I try to login in my notebook. Windows login keeps accepting old password, and doesn´t accept the new one.

Am I doing something wrong or this is some kind of bug?

Thanks.

Axel Salomon, Nov 30, 2020
  3. Doug399 Win User
    After Windows 10 update, signin screen won`t accept my pssword.

Sign-in screen won`t take my password after Windows 10 update on a new HP laptop. I had setup a pin login but now asks for Microsoft password which I wrote down and have used before but will not accept now.

Doug991

Doug399, Nov 30, 2020
  4. Can't login to Windows - won't accept password, changed password, etc

Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

Can't login to Windows - won't accept password, changed password, etc

1. Can't login to Windows - won't accept password, changed password, etc - Similar Threads - Can't login won't

2. Change Password: Password not accepted???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Password: Password not accepted???: Hail all:Safety is a thing, rite?So, I wanted to slightly update my password.Not too hard, right?Figured, I get me a somewhat safe password, like, oh, I dunno, maybe something like,...
  3. Change Password: Password not accepted???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Password: Password not accepted???: Hail all:Safety is a thing, rite?So, I wanted to slightly update my password.Not too hard, right?Figured, I get me a somewhat safe password, like, oh, I dunno, maybe something like,...
  4. Windows won't accept password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't accept password: My laptop encountered an error and I've been in a bit of a loop with the recovery part e.i. restarting and ending up with the error and then being told automatic repair can't fix the issue. Every attempt I've made to use things like command prompt and stuff like the reset...
  5. Windows won't accept password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't accept password: My laptop encountered an error and I've been in a bit of a loop with the recovery part e.i. restarting and ending up with the error and then being told automatic repair can't fix the issue. Every attempt I've made to use things like command prompt and stuff like the reset...
  6. Windows won't accept password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Password incorrect. Can change password from login screen but won't accept new password.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Password incorrect. Can change password from login screen but won't accept new password.: So I power on my PC today and can't logon - incorrect password, password hasn't changed and I can login on another PC. After trying numerous times I select "I forgot my password" and create a new one with no problem. I try to login again and again "incorrect password". I try...
  8. Laptop Login won't accept correct password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop Login won't accept correct password: I'm currently logged in as a local user. When I try to switch my login to use my Microsoft Account it won't accept my password even though I am able to login into my Microsoft account with that password. I've tried changing password and restarting, still not working. Using...
  9. Windows 10 won't accept password at login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 won't accept password at login: When I tried turning on my desktop earlier today I was unable to login. It keeps saying my password is incorrect. Then it tells me i can reset at account.live.com/password/reset . It still didn't work. I've been searching around the internet all day and i still can't seem to...
  10. Can't login to change password in windows?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't login to change password in windows?: I changed my microsoft email which also changes my login name/email in windows. Now everything seemed to update to my new email on win10 but when I go to change password in setting>accounts>sign in options it still shows my old email and says this service isn't working try...