Windows 10: Cant login to work Microsoft account and email on new HP all in one computer

Discus and support Cant login to work Microsoft account and email on new HP all in one computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I need help. We bought a business computer last month, all has been fine . Was able to set the computer up with the business Microsoft account and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Richard Wright, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Cant login to work Microsoft account and email on new HP all in one computer

Hi I need help. We bought a business computer last month, all has been fine . Was able to set the computer up with the business Microsoft account and business email as it gave us the option of business or personal. This month we have bought a HP all in one computer , I started setting it up today but it wouldn't set up with the work Microsoft account. I have had to put in my personal one just to get it set up but this isn't ideal, I also cannot log in to the work email. Can anyone explain why I could do it on one computer but not the other and how I can get it sorted so I can have both compute

:)

Richard Wright, Jun 17, 2021

2. Email

Hello,

Thank you for reaching us on the forum with your concern.

As per the issue description you have two email id's and you want to change your secondary email to primary on your pc.

I would suggest you to switch the login account to Local user account. Then switch back to Microsoft account which you want to use. You may follow the steps provided below:

Step 1: Switch to local user account

Follow these steps to create a “Local User account”.

• Press “Windows key +W”.
    • Type “users” without quotes in the search box.
    • Then select “Users” from the left panel.
    • You will get an option “Switch to a Local account” right below your user account name.
    • Select “Switch to a local account” option.
    • Enter the required details.
    • Then login to the local account and check how it works.

Step 2: Switch back to Microsoft account

Follow these steps to create a “Microsoft account”.

• Press “Windows key +W”.
    • Type “users” without quotes in the search box.
    • Then select “Users” from the left panel.
    • Select “Switch to Microsoft account” right below your user account name.
    • Enter the required details (Primary Email ID).
    • Restart the computer and then try to login using new Primary account.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jun 17, 2021
  3. Cannot login with microsoft account on Windows 10.

Hi John,

If you are using Microsoft account to login into the user account, I suggest you to convert the user account to
    Local account and using the new Microsoft account change to Microsoft user account by following the below steps and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 1: To convert to local account.

• Press Windows logo + I keys on the keyboard to open system
      Settings window.
    • Click Accounts and under Your emails and accounts, click on
      sign in with a local account instead option.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password and click on Next.
    • Type the Password, and Password Hint that you want set for the local account and click
      Next.
    • Click on Sign out and Finish button.
    • Login to check if the changes are effective.

Step 2: To switch to Microsoft account.

• On the newly converted Local user account, press
      Windows logo + I
      keys on the keyboard to open Settings window.
    • Click Accounts and under Your emails and accounts click on
      sign in with a microsoft account instead option.
    • Enter the new Microsoft account ID and Password and click Sign in.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of not able to login using Microsoft account on the computer for further assistance.
    Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jun 17, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Cant login to work Microsoft account and email on new HP all in one computer

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 17, 2021
Thema:

Cant login to work Microsoft account and email on new HP all in one computer

1. Cant login to work Microsoft account and email on new HP all in one computer - Similar Threads - Cant login Microsoft

2. I have changed the password for Microsoft account, but cant login to computer using the new...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have changed the password for Microsoft account, but cant login to computer using the new...: I have changed my password for Microsoft account, but it will not work for my login to my computer. Is there another way to reset the Microsoft user login password for the computer?...
  3. Cant access new email account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cant access new email account: Hi,I just created a new email account, mistakenly under 'my family' which i wanted to use for my business email as a sole proprietor and it's my business name so i can't just create another. The problem is that when it was created, neither edge nor my password manager seem to...
  4. New HP all in one computer issues

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New HP all in one computer issues: I purchased my HP new all in one computer from Best Buy last Saturday and am trying to install it now. The keyboard isn't working nor is the mouse. The screen was working but not now. Yes, the batteries are installed. Can anyone help me?Jim...
  5. Microsoft family doesn't work for one child's account on new computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft family doesn't work for one child's account on new computer: I have a new computer with a newly installed windows 10 professional. When I allowed one of my kids to use this computer. The restrictions setup in Microsoft family doesn't work at all. I did the verification for both myself and my child. Please let me know how to deal with...
  6. Two Computer Logins With One Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two Computer Logins With One Microsoft Account: I have a computer with two logins: one for me, and one for other users. The one for other users is a local account, and the other is signed in with a Microsoft account. However, I signed in to my Microsoft account on the local account and cannot remove it via Settings,...
  7. All in one hp computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All in one hp computer: Hi I cut on my deskstop and I press F11 until startup menu comes up. It now says Please install an operating system on your hard disk. I don't know how to do this. Please help....
  8. HP scanner -all in one -not working with new laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP scanner -all in one -not working with new laptop: New Dell Inspiron 7000 2-in-1 and HP scanner (all in one) Can't scan, but can see the preview on the screen? "Sorry it's not working properly, please try again"!! Whaaat?! Already tried Dell's "help"...
  9. Microsoft Account - 2 computers - login fails on one

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Account - 2 computers - login fails on one: I tried to set up 2 computers with Microsoft Account for the first time. I (probably stupidly) had them side by side and entered the exact same password and password hint on both. Note that at that point I had not created any flash drive recovery. I then restarted both...
  10. Microsoft Account - 2 computers - login fails on one

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Account - 2 computers - login fails on one: I have 2 computers. I have just now set up Microsoft Login on both. I did them side-by-side and at the same time (and that may have been my mistake!) I used the exact same login name, password and password hint on both. I restarted both at about the same time. Now I can...