Windows 10: Can't login using PIN number and there are no other login options available

Discus and support Can't login using PIN number and there are no other login options available in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I can't login to my desktop using PIN number. The system is looping whenever I choose to reset even though I did not forget my PIN. And there are no... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by MDW04, Apr 13, 2022.

1. MDW04 Win User

Can't login using PIN number and there are no other login options available

I can't login to my desktop using PIN number. The system is looping whenever I choose to reset even though I did not forget my PIN. And there are no other options to login except using PIN.Error code received each time: 0x8009002d.This is the 2nd device with login issues. Down to one laptop. What in the world is going on? Note. I do not use "Windows Hello."Marcia

:)

MDW04, Apr 13, 2022

2. OSK PIN login on non-touch device

Hello,

I suggest you to create a PIN for your device and try the on screen keyboard to login to the same.

You may follow the steps below to create PIN protection for your device.

• Go to Settings and select account.

• Click on sign in option and Go to PIN option.

• Now click on Add and set PIN for login.

You can use the same PIN to login to your device using the on screen Keyboard from ease of access option and verify the result.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Apr 13, 2022
  3. Pin Login not available and can't change or remove my pin

Hi Saschavan,

To help you disable your PIN login, kindly follow the steps below:

• Go to this location: Settings/Accounts/Sign-in options
    • Check the PIN options and click the I forget my PIN available to click?
    • Enter your password, it will prompt you to enter a new PIN.
    • Click Cancel and your PIN should be disable upon reboot.

Let us know the result to help you further.

Dennis Mop, Apr 13, 2022
  4. Can't login using PIN number and there are no other login options available

Unable to login using The login PIN

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the pin and check fi it helps.

• In the login page next to “PIN password option”.
    • You will find “Other sign in options”, click on it will prompt you for regular password.
    • Enter regular password and login to the computer.
    • I suggest you to click on the Start Menu
      and select settings.
    • Now select Accounts.
    • Next select the tab Sign-in option.
    • Under the “PIN tab” click on “ADD” option.
    • It will prompt you for current pin password and new password, please provide
      new password then apply the changes, restart
      the computer and check if it works.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 13, 2022
Thema:

Can't login using PIN number and there are no other login options available

1. Can't login using PIN number and there are no other login options available - Similar Threads - Can't login using

2. PIN number to login to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN number to login to PC: I have just replaced a CPU in my PC, when I try to login to my PC as normal, I am get a message, Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security setting on this device. Please can anyone help me resolve this issue? Thanks you Oliver....
  3. Forgot PIN, no other login options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot PIN, no other login options: I lost the PIN for a Windows laptop. When I hit "forgot my PIN" the screen said "just a moment" and had a spinning circle. It stayed that way for about 10 minutes, then there was a popup that said "you must download an app from the Store to complete this request". When I...
  4. Forgot PIN, no other login options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot PIN, no other login options: I lost the PIN for a Windows laptop. When I hit "forgot my PIN" the screen said "just a moment" and had a spinning circle. It stayed that way for about 10 minutes, then there was a popup that said "you must download an app from the Store to complete this request". When I...
  5. Can't login using PIN number and there are no other login options available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login using PIN number and there are no other login options available: I can't login to my desktop using PIN number. The system is looping whenever I choose to reset even though I did not forget my PIN. And there are no other options to login except using PIN.Error code received each time: 0x8009002d.This is the 2nd device with login issues....
  6. Can't login using PIN number and there are no other login options available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't login using PIN number and there are no other login options available: I can't login to my desktop using PIN number. The system is looping whenever I choose to reset even though I did not forget my PIN. And there are no other options to login except using PIN.Error code received each time: 0x8009002d.This is the 2nd device with login issues....
  7. No option to use PIN on the login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No option to use PIN on the login screen: Hi,I have a PC that is connected to our businesses Azure AD.I have added the user that is going to use the PC, but no matter what I try I cannot login with a PINcode.I am perfectly able to add a pincode, but the loginscreen doesn't show the option to use it. Only the password...
  8. Login: no other option but PIN

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Login: no other option but PIN: Hi, I have a laptop in which I've never configured a PIN, I've been using only my microsoft account password to login. Today, I turned my laptop on, only to find that W10 only gave me the choice to login via PIN (even though I've never set one). I can't choose another login...
  9. PIN login not available

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    PIN login not available: I have not been able to use my preferred log in method for several weeks. Although I can set and change my PIN in Settings, when it comes to logging in I get the unhelpful something has happened response and the PIN option is unavailable. Fortunately I can still use my...
  10. Can't change my login pin number.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't change my login pin number.: I am unable to change my account pin number. I already have one attached I know what it is but if I go to sign in options it says a pin is not in use. **** There is no option to reset my pin since according to Microsoft there is no pin but I sure as hell have to put one...